PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Flooding

polyfiller
02-15-11, 11:41 AM
OK folks, my turn to have a "doing my head in" problem while moddding.

Somewhere, somehow, I have introduced an error into my development mod for the TSWSM which gives me the following symptoms;

1) When a bulkhead is damaged, flooding will not start at the value I define for the zone in zones.cfg (say critic_flotation=0.30) for 30% ... when zone get's 30%, 40%, 50% damaged it won't flood. I sometimes get a very brief flood appear (the blue bit in damage screen) but it will then dissapear.

2) The compartment WILL only flood when the bulkhead is 100% damaged.

I've gone back through a load of backup versions and can't find one where this problem doesn't exist. I think I may have spangled something up in zones.cfg ... but I can't find the error.

The issue occurs on all units ... so it's not an individual .upc or .zon file issue.

Have any of the more experienced modders out there run into this behaviour ?

TIA.

Ducimus
02-15-11, 12:49 PM
Did you change anything to the bulkhead entry in the equpiment.upc file?

polyfiller
02-15-11, 07:19 PM
Welll .... difficult to say .... I have so many custom entires for bulkheads in the equipment file ... differnet names for side armour, top deck armour etc....... and these all worked across multiple ships .... I would have had to go in and screw up about 80 entries in equipment.upc for that to be the cause.

I'm currently going through the process of deleting all zones in the unit one by one and testing. Having run so many tests my eyes hurt ..... I now find that I get some results where it works for one compartment and then repeat the test and it doesn't work.... I think it has something to do with order in which other zones get damaged. I reckon there is a problem with just one zone which triggers the whole damage engine to start miss-behaving. I have pushed the damage model to it's absolute limits so I'm not really surprised..... just wish I'd tested that flooding still works after every single change I made over the past 2 years !