PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know how we can stop the Sub going up & down in the Penn?

The General
02-14-11, 03:50 PM
It is kind of embarrassing and spoils the immersion (no pun intended) :-?

The other thing is that when you spawn atop your conning tower at the beginning of the game, you are in a slightly elevated position. It's not until you move forward beside the UZO, that you drop down into what is obviously your proper position.

A huge amount of problems have been solved thanks to TDW and many others. Who knows, fixing these silly bugs once and for all may lead to solving other problems.

Anyone?

Vanilla
02-14-11, 04:25 PM
It is kind of embarrassing and spoils the immersion (no pun intended) :-?

The other thing is that when you spawn atop your conning tower at the beginning of the game, you are in a slightly elevated position. It's not until you move forward beside the UZO, that you drop down into what is obviously your proper position.

A huge amount of problems have been solved thanks to TDW and many others. Who knows, fixing these silly bugs once and for all may lead to solving other problems.

Anyone?

A good question - but I think it is hardly possible, the issue is that the water inside the bunker moves exactly as does the water outside it in the harbour, and the water inside the harbour, I guess, moves exactly as does the water in the open ocean at any particular moment. I doubt that the game recognizes the difference between closed and open water. I am waiting to see my stormy departure or arrival to the pens. :)
That is all my rough guess though.

The General
02-14-11, 04:52 PM
A good question - but I think it is hardly possible, the issue is that the water inside the bunker moves exactly as does the water outside it in the harbour, and the water inside the harbour, I guess, moves exactly as does the water in the open ocean at any particular moment. I doubt that the game recognizes the difference between closed and open water. I am waiting to see my stormy departure or arrival to the pens. :)
That is all my rough guess though.You misunderstand. I'm referring to the sub submerging and emerging upon reload, not the pitch & roll upon the waves.

ustahl
02-15-11, 10:14 AM
You misunderstand. I'm referring to the sub submerging and emerging upon reload, not the pitch & roll upon the waves.

I have also been wondering about this very odd behaviour.:doh::nope:
It's not happening all the time, rather occasionally at random. Have not yet been able to pin down any particular rule as to when this happens or what triggers it. I'm not sure I could even reproduce this to happen at will. Go figure... :88)