PDA

View Full Version : It never rains, it never pours!

Poacher886
02-14-11, 11:52 AM
I've been playing SH5 for a couple of months now, im only on my second patrol with approx 30days at sea (i play alot of real time). I've never played stock as i used TDW Mega_Mod from the off.

Something i've noticed that seems a bit odd is, i've never experienced rain or thunder and lighting, both were present in SH3-4. Im wandering if they are present in the stock game as im sure i saw a screenshot from stock with it raining?

I find it hard to imagine that someone who did such a fine job with the environmental mod did not include rain and lightning!, Nothing was more thrilling to me than making a surface attack in a lightning storm, where the convoy lit up breifly as a flash darted across the screen, and as for the rain, well as a dweller of the british isles we should be experiencing it at least 25%-30% of the time!!

does it exist?
If there is a parameter you can adjust to increase the likelyhood where is it?
And if it does'nt exist in-game, is anyone working on it??

I feel this is the biggest let-down of the general weather / environment situation with the game at present and more important that the bright clear green underwater at night scenario.

Thanks

stoianm
02-14-11, 12:02 PM
I've been playing SH5 for a couple of months now, im only on my second patrol with approx 30days at sea (i play alot of real time). I've never played stock as i used TDW Mega_Mod from the off.

Something i've noticed that seems a bit odd is, i've never experienced rain or thunder and lighting, both were present in SH3-4. Im wandering if they are present in the stock game as im sure i saw a screenshot from stock with it raining?

I find it hard to imagine that someone who did such a fine job with the environmental mod did not include rain and lightning!, Nothing was more thrilling to me than making a surface attack in a lightning storm, where the convoy lit up breifly as a flash darted across the screen, and as for the rain, well as a dweller of the british isles we should be experiencing it at least 25%-30% of the time!!

does it exist?
If there is a parameter you can adjust to increase the likelyhood where is it?
And if it does'nt exist in-game, is anyone working on it??

I feel this is the biggest let-down of the general weather / environment situation with the game at present and more important that the bright clear green underwater at night scenario.

Thanks
i am uising MO and i am in total germany - i had a lot of rain (with thunders), fog days, clear days etc

so maybe you are hunting in caraibe:DL - just jocking - yes it is all time type of weather in MO.

cheers

Poacher886
02-14-11, 12:06 PM
Thats excelent...is there lightning aswell?

Also, is there a user option for increasing the chance of encountering rain?

And yes, im in the coatal areas arund the british isles and not sunbathing in the med!!:DL

stoianm
02-14-11, 12:13 PM
Thats excelent...is there lightning aswell?

Also, is there a user option for increasing the chance of encountering rain?

And yes, im in the coatal areas arund the british isles and not sunbathing in the med!!:DL
there are thunders withs lightings

i do not know if is a user option to increase chance to encounter rain (i think not:hmmm:) - but you can play a single mission and you can choose to have a raining day

Zedi
02-14-11, 12:13 PM
W_Clear's Environmental Mod have a lot of rain, thunder, lightning and fog. Maybe too much...
And its a stand alone mod.

Poacher886
02-14-11, 12:26 PM
W_Clear's Environmental Mod have a lot of rain, thunder, lightning and fog. Maybe too much...
And its a stand alone mod.

Correct me if im wrong, but this is the mod im using, included in the MO!, while i would agree that the fog is to often, as stated, i've yet to experience anything other from; Sept01 - Oct10!.

Im glad to hear its present, not knowing how the game decides its hard to evaluate whether i've just been unlucky (or lucky) depending on your view, or whether there is a fault with the Environment mod and MO?

mobucks
02-14-11, 12:32 PM
I also kinda think there is too much fog. Ive had rain. But mostly fog. It would be cool to see a few hours of fog often, but not for weeks on end.

Anyway, maybe someone can look at his files to see what is being changed and we can go from there. Then we all ahve something to suit our tastes.

Trevally.
02-14-11, 01:19 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but this is the mod im using, included in the MO!, while i would agree that the fog is to often, as stated, i've yet to experience anything other from; Sept01 - Oct10!.

Im glad to hear its present, not knowing how the game decides its hard to evaluate whether i've just been unlucky (or lucky) depending on your view, or whether there is a fault with the Environment mod and MO?

You can check out the weather by selection a historical mission from main menu. TDW added options to this too:yeah:

You can set high wind, rain and clouds - This should show some storms and that they are working:up: