PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Red Cabin / Scope Lighting in Battlestations / Night.

NeonsStyle
02-11-11, 10:40 AM
Hey,

I was wondering if someone could do this... It really
kills the immersion when the interior lighting is wrong
for night / battlestations. Would love to see this,
surely one of u clever guys can make a mod for this :)

panosrxo
02-11-11, 03:26 PM
Hey,

I was wondering if someone could do this... It really
kills the immersion when the interior lighting is wrong
for night / battlestations. Would love to see this,
surely one of u clever guys can make a mod for this :)

What do you find wrong?
Lights are white during the day and red during the night. How should it be?

NeonsStyle
02-11-11, 04:54 PM
What do you find wrong?
Lights are white during the day and red during the night. How should it be?

:o Not on my ship they aren't... my lights are white at all times. :o

I want the red lights at night, but it's just not there on my ship.

Is there a mod that does this??? Do you have it's name???

stoianm
02-11-11, 04:59 PM

The vanilla version is like this. if you do not have it maybe you use a mod who replace the red lights - what vga do you have?

panosrxo
02-11-11, 05:41 PM

If you have an nvidia card, there is a fix for your problem. I just don't know where it is...Hope somebody has the link for the fix

Edit: The fix can be found inside Magnum Opus mod. Download it and you will see, there is a folder named nvidia something...

stoianm
02-11-11, 05:47 PM
If you have an nvidia card, there is a fix for your problem. I just don't know where it is...Hope somebody has the link for the fix
yes it is true:up: - the fix is included in MO patch 2 - he must download the Mo patch 2 and install the mod: nvidia missing lights - in case that he has an nvidia card of cource:DL
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176123&page=68

Obelix
02-12-11, 01:11 AM
Yes, it would be nice to control light inside the boat. The fact that the red light was used to eyes accustomed to darkness. This is usually done before surfacing. Or red light included in the conning tower during a night attack from an underwater position. At other times, even at night, the boat included a normal white light. Unfortunately I can not say exactly for what purposes include the blue light.

panosrxo
02-12-11, 03:49 AM
Yes, it would be nice to control light inside the boat. The fact that the red light was used to eyes accustomed to darkness. This is usually done before surfacing. Or red light included in the conning tower during a night attack from an underwater position. At other times, even at night, the boat included a normal white light. Unfortunately I can not say exactly for what purposes include the blue light.

There was no blue light. Just red and white. When the game came out, somebody tried to mod the lights and he said that there is one controller for all the sub, so it is difficult to have different lights for each room. What can be done though is a switch so that we can manually change the colours.

Damo
02-12-11, 07:33 AM
As far as I'm aware, the red light was only ever used in the conning tower when the watch crew were about to go up on deck at night or when the attack periscope was to be used, again at night. The rest of the boat would have been normal bulbs with no color switching regardless of the time of day. Blue lighting was never used and is a myth created by Das Boot that used blue lighting to create an atmosphere for the film, although they did get the red light in the conning tower correct.

The OP is asking if there is a way to manually switch the lights or tie them to the battlestations order so they go to red during attacks so the Nvidia missing lights fix isn't relevant. I know this switching of lights was not possible in previous SH's but I'm literally 5 days into messing with SH5 so far so have no clue whether it can be done, although I reckon it would have been done by now.