PDA

View Full Version : Mods folder question.

StarTrekMike
02-10-11, 12:30 PM
I have some pretty hefty radio mods installed that are really eating up hard drive space, I noticed that when you install the mods via the mod enabler that it still leaves the whole mod in the "mods" folder.

Do I need to keep something like a radio pack in that folder or can I delete it after enabling it? that way it is not just sitting in the mods folder taking up space when it is already in the game files.

Thanks so much

Mike

stoianm
02-10-11, 12:43 PM
I have some pretty hefty radio mods installed that are really eating up hard drive space, I noticed that when you install the mods via the mod enabler that it still leaves the whole mod in the "mods" folder.

Do I need to keep something like a radio pack in that folder or can I delete it after enabling it? that way it is not just sitting in the mods folder taking up space when it is already in the game files.

Thanks so much

Mike

if you delete the mod (after you enabled) from MODS folder the folders used from that mod still remain in your game files (and your mod still apear as enabled mod in your JGSME list)

but, if one day you want to desable the mod from JGSME list you will have not anymore the mod popup in your MODS file - so if you not have that mod saved in another place you will lose it

In conclusion - yes you can delete a mod from MODS folder after you have enabled him but be sure you kep the mod in another place or you will lose this mode forever when you will desable from JGSME

cheers

StarTrekMike
02-10-11, 12:46 PM
Thank you so much for the good news!

I keep every mod (and just about everything else) on my external drive because I have so much free space on it, as a result I shall never worry about not having mods or even quick access to my D2D game downloads.

The problem is that my internal drives are so small that I need to ration space pretty tightly...and I have been itching to have two installs on Sh4 (one for TMO and one for OM)

Again...thank you for the good news!

Mike