PDA

View Full Version : Flat Sun?

Meldric
02-07-11, 03:52 AM
Hi!

I have found this video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEOC9UbFLJk&feature=related) and there the sun has a very intense halo.

For me, the sun is rather flat. there is some very basic glow around it, but not as intense as e.g. in SHIII (where I managed to get the Flat sun fix to work finally). So, is there something wrong with my system or was this video pimped up a bit?

Meldric

EDIT:
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ab4jrV5Lc&feature=related) you can also see lens flare (2:56 / 3:05 - 3:08 / 5:29 - 5:33) effect on the lights in the boat and also with the sun... was that removed by "OldStyleExplosions" maybe? I cannot see any of these effects in my game...

Meldric
02-08-11, 11:23 AM
Ok, I found it in the docs of OldStyleExplosions (it removed the lensflare). My bad... reading helps.

But anyway: Wouldn't be the lensflare for the sun and the lights be ok even though using the old style explosions? In other words: Can someone point me to what to do to bring back the lensflare but keeping the rest of the mod?

panosrxo
02-08-11, 12:06 PM
Ok, I found it in the docs of OldStyleExplosions (it removed the lensflare). My bad... reading helps.

But anyway: Wouldn't be the lensflare for the sun and the lights be ok even though using the old style explosions? In other words: Can someone point me to what to do to bring back the lensflare but keeping the rest of the mod?

I think that you have to edit a file name lights.cfg
Use a comparing tool between stock and moded file to notice the differences

Meldric
02-08-11, 12:14 PM
Thx, I'll check that!

Obelix
02-09-11, 07:49 PM
you can also see lens flare (2:56 / 3:05 - 3:08 / 5:29 - 5:33) effect on the lights in the boat and also with the sun... was that removed by "OldStyleExplosions" maybe? I cannot see any of these effects in my game...
In the "OldStyleExplosions" was removed only fireworks (in data\library Baza_FX.dat)

Meldric
02-10-11, 08:11 AM
Hi Obelix!

Actually... not. :)
I was able to get back the lensflare by removing OldStyleExplosions... But the trade-off is not worth it. And the lensflare did not the magic I expected from it. So I have re-activated OldStyleExplosions and forget about lensflares...

Pintea
02-10-11, 09:42 AM
The lens flare in the movie has been indeed pimped up a lot.

The lens flare in the stock game doesn't have that dramatic effect. It is a post processing effect generated on everything that is bright enough, meaning sun/explosions/light-bulbs etc.