PDA

View Full Version : Problem with UIs TDC by DarkWraith

NeonsStyle
02-06-11, 05:55 AM
doesn't matter fixed it

Trevally.
02-06-11, 06:09 AM
Looks like your options.py file is the problem.

Un-install and replace your options.py with a fresh one from your download.

To get SH4 go here in the fresh .py file

#+++++++++++++ UI Style ++++++++++++++
# Possible UI Styles:
SH5Enhanced = 0
SH3Style = 1
SH4Style = 2

# the current UI Style
# set below to either SH3Style, SH4Style, or SH5Enhanced
UIStyle = SH5Enhanced

And change to this

#+++++++++++++ UI Style ++++++++++++++
# Possible UI Styles:
SH5Enhanced = 0
SH3Style = 1
SH4Style = 2

# the current UI Style
# set below to either SH3Style, SH4Style, or SH5Enhanced
UIStyle = SH4Style

stoianm
02-06-11, 06:17 AM
it is sure an instalation problem or a wrong setting in a wrong place

1) unninstall all the mods

2) unzip a new version of tdw new ui (delete the one that you already modified from your MODS folder) and copy in MODS folder

3) the only modification that you must to do in option.py for having sh4 style is here:

UIStyle = SH5Enhanced replace with SH4Style

the new line will show like this: UIStyle = SH4Style

4) do not make any more modification for instant - very important

5) enable only the new ui by tdw 6.3.7 (not other mod in you jgsme must be enabled)

6) start the game and everithing should be ok now

7) start to make modification where you want and install what mod you want - but as an advive make a modification at time or install just 1 mod at time and after verify in your game if everything is ok - in this way you will know when you will have problems what is causing them:up:

EDIT - ups i see that TREVALLY already answered to you - i think that trevally has wright - i would do like he said

stoianm
02-06-11, 08:05 AM
doesn't matter fixed it

A little advice - in your place i would let the first post with the problem that you had and after that i will post at the end of the thread what you posted now - in this way people that are doing the same mistake as you no need to ask again - they can read your thread!

Please have all my consideration!:salute:

NeonsStyle
02-06-11, 08:07 AM
it is sure an instalation problem or a wrong setting in a wrong place

1) unninstall all the mods

2) unzip a new version of tdw new ui (delete the one that you already modified from your MODS folder) and copy in MODS folder

3) the only modification that you must to do in option.py for having sh4 style is here:

UIStyle = SH5Enhanced replace with SH4Style

the new line will show like this: UIStyle = SH4Style

4) do not make any more modification for instant - very important

5) enable only the new ui by tdw 6.3.7 (not other mod in you jgsme must be enabled)

6) start the game and everithing should be ok now

7) start to make modification where you want and install what mod you want - but as an advive make a modification at time or install just 1 mod at time and after verify in your game if everything is ok - in this way you will know when you will have problems what is causing them:up:

EDIT - ups i see that TREVALLY already answered to you - i think that trevally has wright - i would do like he said

Thanks m8, I fixed it first time, now after a little tweak it's back again lol... but it's easy fixed lol... God you were quick... I had posted this, realised I'd made a mistake, edited the msg, fixed the problem in about 5 mins after starting the post n straight away ur on it before I'd finished editing out the msg lol...

Thanks for the great vid, really sorted the whole problem out, and now it works fine... cept for this little annoyance... I'd like to know where it's done...

ie this time.. I just dropped into the script to adjust the %'s of receiving a radio msg from contact (thought'd I'd changed it but I hadn't) adjusted a couple of contact options n again ended up with this. lol Be nice to know what's causing it. No matter, thanks for the help :)

NeonsStyle
02-06-11, 08:14 AM
Is there a way, to change the mask for the night filter to the one used in the mod - MRP 1.3+OPCF Light? This uses a brown filter which shows up ships
at night far better than the green one used by TDW in his TDC mod.

I thought maybe just copying over and renaming .dds file, tho that mod does also come with a .cam file... n I'm assuming I can't put that over TDW's mod. Be nice if in TDW's script there was an option to let you choose which u wanted. lol

stoianm
02-06-11, 08:24 AM
Is there a way, to change the mask for the night filter to the one used in the mod - MRP 1.3+OPCF Light? This uses a brown filter which shows up ships
at night far better than the green one used by TDW in his TDC mod.

I thought maybe just copying over and renaming .dds file, tho that mod does also come with a .cam file... n I'm assuming I can't put that over TDW's mod. Be nice if in TDW's script there was an option to let you choose which u wanted. lol

When you are in the periscope station in game) you will find an icon where is writed ,,HUD'' (in the left side under the RAOFB) - this is changing the mask for night and day filters in the way that you wish and was implemented by TDW in his UIs

Try to instal the trevally tutorials:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177725&page=4

seems that you have a lot of work to do:D:up:

NeonsStyle
02-06-11, 09:14 AM
Yeh I found that, and enabled it in the script. I had it enabled, but it
only showed up as normal, or green tint... the other mod had a much nicer filter, that really showed up the whole ship.

As for that issue with the main menu.. I just went through the entire script, adding an item at a time, reinstalling n checking in game... making all the same changes, there's no problem now... I was trying to find out what was causing it. Since it relates to a journal, I thought it might've been the Captains Name stuff, but nope... oh well works great now...

Thanks, I'll grab those tutes :)