PDA

View Full Version : how can i fix this?

Rowddy
02-02-11, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone i got a smal but annoying graphical problem and i just dunno how to solve it. So maybe anyone here can help me??

First af all these are my installed MODs (in this order)...

3rd Person Captain DEMO=1
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51=2
Chart Colour Scheme 3=3
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1=4
German Panels=5
HiDef 16-9 Aspect Ratio=6
nVidia missing lights=7
Open_Horizons=8
sobers base wave mechanics for SH5 V10=9
U-Boat Ballast Tanks SFX=10
U-Boat Propulsion SFX=11
U-Boat R & R=12
U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX=13
Unterseeboot SFX=14
Nauticalwolf's_Damage_and_Torpedo_UI(g)_Mod_v1.1=1 5
Kriegsmarine Career Insignia v1.2=16
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.4=17
Depth_Keeping_Problem_TheDarkWraith=18
RAF Bomber Command Radio Frequency 77.00 MHz=19
RAF Fighter Command Radio Frequency 66.00 MHz=20
Luftwaffe Combat Radio Frequency 88.00 MHz=21
Rel_SH4_Trans-Atlantic_Radio=22
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk=23
Force Camouflage On 1.1b by Danevang=24
Danevangs Paint Shop 1.0 Type VIIC Pack=25
Danevangs PS 1.0 VIIC-std Camo Irregular Shapes=26

Now for the problem as you can see i want the last skin on my sub, but all i get is white sub with darkblue tanks on the side and a redbottom. If i activate the skin from danevang the 2 skins merge. so i have a whire sub with blue stripes and blue tanks with a redbottom. It looks utterly Yikes. Since i like my games so real as possible i can't play like this it's very annoying. So who has an idea on how to elimate the white sub with blue tanks and red bottom skin. my gues is it's in Magnus Opus but 'm not sure as i cannot find it.

Regards Rowddy.

oooh and i also have a noob question :) if you take a screenshot where do find them?? i have heard somewhere that they are saved on a Ubiserver but how do you acces them there??

SashaKA001
02-02-11, 05:24 PM
Regards Rowddy.

oooh and i also have a noob question :) if you take a screenshot where do find them?? i have heard somewhere that they are saved on a Ubiserver but how do you acces them there??

Ctrl + F11 screenshots in your game folder

Rowddy
02-02-11, 05:38 PM
where in my game folder?? i realy can't find them and i made several screenies

SashaKA001
02-02-11, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE = Rowddy; 1589310]where in my game folder?? i realy can't find them and i made several screenies [/ QUOTE]

X: \ Silent Hunter 5 \: arrgh!:

need to press several times, and better use FRAPS

Rowddy
02-02-11, 06:01 PM
never mind sorry i asked we are not all Computer programmers :( I know where the games folder is i asked WHERE in the games folder like in what map or folder they are stored. Maybe you should read carefully before react irritated or just don't react.

Seaman_Hornsby
02-02-11, 06:44 PM
Screenshots are located in the game directory itself. As in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\. They should appear as .bmp files in the SH5 directory, not in any sub-folder.

By the way, what is this mod you have listed?

HiDef 16-9 Aspect Ratio :hmmm:

Edit: Ah, found it.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1692

Rowddy
02-02-11, 07:07 PM
thanks Hornsby that made sense :) still don't understand why i not see the ones i made though, but i keep looking.

Yeah you found it :) btw you don't see anything weird on my order of install?? or the weird graphical glitch i have with the skin?

Seaman_Hornsby
02-02-11, 07:17 PM
btw you don't see anything weird on my order of install?? or the weird graphical glitch i have with the skin?

The only thing that jumped out at me is that the two camo mods may be conflicting with each other. Try uninstalling them and then add them back one at a time to find out which one is causing the problem. If you can isolate it, you can check with the mod's author about compatibility. Do you get Jsgme overwrite warnings when enabling?

Rowddy
02-02-11, 07:24 PM
yes i get 2 lines of overwriting with the last skin/mod on my list with magnum Opus so i supect there is not a default skin used there but how do you disabled it and where is it in that mod

BowfinSS287
02-02-11, 08:45 PM
did you watch this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuydQ01TFlI

i don't see the common shadow maps in your mod list
hope this helps

Mod http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164424

Rowddy
02-03-11, 09:25 AM
did you watch this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuydQ01TFlI

i don't see the common shadow maps in your mod list
hope this helps

Mod http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164424

thanks for the Help the instruction Video was realy a big help. It's not 100% yet still got a red bottom of the boat and that shpuld be darkgrey/blue but the tower is OK now and the camo is on on the part of the boat that is out of the water when surfaced. So i'm happy atm. That last part i get one day right aswell i hope.

one more thing i made some screenshots again but they don't show up in my gamefolder i any sort of extension :( could there be a setting of some kind that prevent this or put them in a different location?? Would love to have some screenshots now.

Txs for all help so far.

Rowddy.

WillyVic
02-03-11, 10:23 AM
Rowddy,

Please ensure you are using Ctrl + F11 keys to take photos.

In your root folder, do you see the extensions of your files such as xxx.act, xxx.bin, xxx.cfg (where xxx = name of file)? If not you need to uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" in your folders options. If you can see the extenisons then you are looking for files that look like a date stamp with the extension of .bmp

If you are using the print screen key only one image is saved at a time and that image is in memory until pasted into a viewer/paint program.

Hope this helps a bit.

WV

Rowddy
02-03-11, 10:29 AM
i'm back :( although i fix mt graphical glitch i discovered i also disabled somehow the abbility to zoom in through the attack periscope for some reason so i post once again my order of install maybe i did something wrong there?? although this is the only gltch i so far found everything else looks and works normal so far.
Chart Colour Scheme 3=3
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1=4
German Panels=5
nVidia missing lights=7
Open_Horizons=8
U-Boat Propulsion SFX=11
U-Boat R & R=12
Unterseeboot SFX=14
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.4=16
Depth_Keeping_Problem_TheDarkWraith=17
RAF Bomber Command Radio Frequency 77.00 MHz=18
RAF Fighter Command Radio Frequency 66.00 MHz=19
Luftwaffe Combat Radio Frequency 88.00 MHz=20
Rel_SH4_Trans-Atlantic_Radio=21
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk=22
Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps=23
Danevangs PS 1.0 VIIC-upg Camo Irregular Shapes=24
Battlestations_soundmod_1.1=25
renow_points_0_compatible a fistfull of emblems version_by stoianm=26

Txs for yur update on taking screenies :) i'll try to make some with crtl + F11 and see what pops up

Regards Rowddy.

BowfinSS287
02-03-11, 11:01 AM
i just noticed you don't have a GUI mod,look here

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093

this will fix many problems with SH 5

stoianm
02-03-11, 11:07 AM
i just noticed you don't have a GUI mod,look here

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093

this will fix many problems with SH 5

No need for GUI - it is already one in MO mod that he is using

stoianm
02-03-11, 11:16 AM
i'm back :( although i fix mt graphical glitch i discovered i also disabled somehow the abbility to zoom in through the attack periscope for some reason so i post once again my order of install maybe i did something wrong there?? although this is the only gltch i so far found everything else looks and works normal so far.
Chart Colour Scheme 3=3
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1=4
German Panels=5
nVidia missing lights=7
Open_Horizons=8
U-Boat Propulsion SFX=11
U-Boat R & R=12
Unterseeboot SFX=14
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.4=16
Depth_Keeping_Problem_TheDarkWraith=17
RAF Bomber Command Radio Frequency 77.00 MHz=18
RAF Fighter Command Radio Frequency 66.00 MHz=19
Luftwaffe Combat Radio Frequency 88.00 MHz=20
Rel_SH4_Trans-Atlantic_Radio=21
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk=22
Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps=23
Danevangs PS 1.0 VIIC-upg Camo Irregular Shapes=24
Battlestations_soundmod_1.1=25
renow_points_0_compatible a fistfull of emblems version_by stoianm=26

Txs for yur update on taking screenies :) i'll try to make some with crtl + F11 and see what pops up

Regards Rowddy.

First - did you used MO-patch2 (if not is bad - many problems)?

If you are using MO-patch2 then try this:

1) disable position #6

2) download manos scopes:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179068&page=5

3)enable Manos Scopes-Core Files and Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9 (in this order - i saw you are using a 16x9 ratio)

I am prety sure you will not have problems after.:up:

Rowddy
02-03-11, 06:37 PM
Txs for the reply i tried that and i not have any problems i went back to the last harbor safe and all works well now. as for that fix how do i install that?? just put it into JSGME? or do i have to manualy overwrite files? :oops:

stoianm
02-03-11, 06:40 PM
Txs for the reply i tried that and i not have any problems i went back to the last harbor safe and all works well now. as for that fix how do i install that?? just put it into JSGME? or do i have to manualy overwrite files? :oops:

I manualy overwrited - and after that i enabled the MO - do not forget to migrate your option.py

Rowddy
02-04-11, 07:35 AM
I manualy overwrited - and after that i enabled the MO - do not forget to migrate your option.py

Hmm i don't see that file in the patch?? So...where can i find that file and migrate it to where?

stoianm
02-04-11, 03:07 PM
Hmm i don't see that file in the patch?? So...where can i find that file and migrate it to where?

if you do not know this file means that you never made changes in it and not need to migrate. forget about this one.

Rowddy
02-04-11, 03:18 PM
Ok thanks for enlightning me :) and thanks everyone for your patience and explaining :up: