PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] A hat for poor Dieter Epp...

dcb
01-28-11, 01:43 PM
Hi guys,

Is there any mod that puts a hat or a cap on the Watch Officer's head?

The way it is now, poor Dieter Epp stands watch on deck, in the fiercest storm, in heavy rain and violent squalls, dressed with just a thin uniform and with nothing on his head, which is rather ridiculous. At least to my eyes, this is a huge immersion showstopper.

I tried to "dress" him myself, but failed. This game is totally unfriendly with the idea of modding. I tracked the issue down to the file CharacterBodyParts.GR2, but this is as far as I could go. I really have no idea how to equip him with a hat.

So please, could anyone tell me what I should do to give the guy a hat or cap?

Schütze
02-01-11, 07:33 AM
Mighty Fine Crew Mod (alternative faces) is what you are looking for. Of course, that would completly change Dieter Epps face, but hasn´t the poor lad suffered enough?

oscar19681
02-01-11, 01:25 PM
Hi guys,

The way it is now, poor Dieter Epp stands watch on deck, in the fiercest storm, in heavy rain and violent squalls, dressed with just a thin uniform and with nothing on his head, which is rather ridiculous. At least to my eyes, this is a huge immersion showstopper.

I tried to "dress" him myself, but failed. This game is totally unfriendly with the idea of modding. I tracked the issue down to the file CharacterBodyParts.GR2, but this is as far as I could go. I really have no idea how to equip him with a hat.

Acually clothing for bad weather was supposed to be in patch 2 . But like many other things in patch 2 it never made it in for some reason.

dcb
02-01-11, 02:14 PM
Mighty Fine Crew Mod (alternative faces) is what you are looking for. Of course, that would completly change Dieter Epps face, but hasn´t the poor lad suffered enough?

Thanks for the answer. I completely changed his aspect by enabling the guy's alternate body parts in the Crew_Idle_Actions_QR1.aix file, as explained in an old (and very hard to find) post of Heretic. BTW, I also gave him a thicker jacket that looks kinda realistic, even in storms and heavy rain. And the new face has a more authentic 'submariner' look than the old one.

Magic1111
02-11-11, 04:49 AM
Hi guys,

Hi dcp !

Read my post and you´ll find the answer: http://174.123.69.202/~subsimc/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1595431&postcount=1003 ;)

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

dcb
02-11-11, 11:49 AM
Hi dcp !

Read my post and you´ll find the answer: http://174.123.69.202/~subsimc/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1595431&postcount=1003 (http://174.123.69.202/%7Esubsimc/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1595431&postcount=1003) ;)

Thank you for your answer, Magic1111, It's most appreciated!:salute:

stoianm
02-11-11, 11:53 AM
seems your problem is solved :03:- lets talk about msi afterburner:DL

Magic1111
02-11-11, 01:58 PM
Thank you for your answer, Magic1111, It's most appreciated!:salute:

You´re welcome mate ! :salute: