PDA

View Full Version : [REQ]New campaign objectives.

ERPP8
01-17-11, 12:56 PM
Is there any mod to make more interesting objectives?
I'm getting tired of just sinking merchants.
Can someone make a campaign mod that has me sinking military ships or something?

Zedi
01-17-11, 04:19 PM
There is already one in SH5, Mare Nostrum.

ERPP8
01-17-11, 05:09 PM
There is already one in SH5, Mare Nostrum.
I already played that part.
Is there a mod to do something like that for the whole campaign?

Svenker
01-17-11, 06:39 PM
I think most guys here aim for full realism, could be wrong though, that might explain why we dont hunt for convoys full of HMS Hoods or whatnot. Your request is fun though, sure blowing up warships is more challenging than a cargo ship, but I like it when I rarely spot a task force with a battleship in it, it really pushes up the immersion, and now you want to down that battleship at all costs! When those things are all over the place or at a specific area, that takes away a big chunk of challenge.

ERPP8
01-17-11, 06:51 PM
I think most guys here aim for full realism, could be wrong though, that might explain why we dont hunt for convoys full of HMS Hoods or whatnot. Your request is fun though, sure blowing up warships is more challenging than a cargo ship, but I like it when I rarely spot a task force with a battleship in it, it really pushes up the immersion, and now you want to down that battleship at all costs! When those things are all over the place or at a specific area, that takes away a big chunk of challenge.
That's true that tonnage is more realistic, but realism isn't always fun.
Call of Duty is probably the most successful FPS, yet it isn't very realistic.

Zedi
01-18-11, 01:11 AM
CoD is for MP fun, not for realism. At least the latest versions.

Hunting capital ships with a ww2 sub is possible only in hollywood movies. In reality, its impossible to get even close to a BB on move. But if you play the stock game without any AI mods, MN should be what your looking for. And there are 2 campaigns in the area, booth about hunting warships. It should be enough.