PDA

View Full Version : First use of MODS, which order for this small selection?

Poacher886
01-08-11, 09:31 AM
Hi,

After waiting patiently for a year to play this game, and more recently for the "Mega-Mod" to appear before playing it, i've decided that will appear in its own time and i can wait no longer to play!!!

I wan't to play the game with MODS from the start to offer the most, realistic,and best visual experience but i no modding expert and the mods situation is nuts! thus have selected a few of the more popular mods that appeal to me, just to offer a starting package.

I have downloaded and set up JSGME for installing the mods, but have yet to download the mods themselfs......i was hopping some of you experienced mod users could look at my list of ten selected mods and tell me the following:

1. Should i avoid any of them due to big faults/bugs?
2. Can they all be installed via JSGME?
3. Which is the best order to install them?
4. Is there one or two i have missed, which i should really install?

The Mods i have selected are as follows.

1. TDW Multiple UIs
2.IRAI Random AI
3.Steel Vikings interior mod
4.TDW FX Update
5. Better and realistic flotation
6. U-Boat Historical specs
7.Enhanced funnel smoke
8.Environmental mod
9.Sub Exhaust for SH5
10.Critical hits for torpedoes

Thanks for any reply's, i shall wait before installing anything.

col_Kurtz
01-08-11, 10:34 AM
Hi,

After waiting patiently for a year to play this game, and more recently for the "Mega-Mod" to appear before playing it, i've decided that will appear in its own time and i can wait no longer to play!!!

I wan't to play the game with MODS from the start to offer the most, realistic,and best visual experience but i no modding expert and the mods situation is nuts! thus have selected a few of the more popular mods that appeal to me, just to offer a starting package.

I have downloaded and set up JSGME for installing the mods, but have yet to download the mods themselfs......i was hopping some of you experienced mod users could look at my list of ten selected mods and tell me the following:

1. Should i avoid any of them due to big faults/bugs?
2. Can they all be installed via JSGME?
3. Which is the best order to install them?
4. Is there one or two i have missed, which i should really install?

The Mods i have selected are as follows.

1. TDW Multiple UIs
2.IRAI Random AI
3.Steel Vikings interior mod
4.TDW FX Update
7.Enhanced funnel smoke
8.Environmental mod
9.Sub Exhaust for SH5

Thanks for any reply's, i shall wait before installing anything.

Try this:

1. Environmental mod
2. Steel Vikings interior mod
3. TDW FX Update
4. Enhanced funnel smoke
7. TDW Multiple UIs
8. IRAI Random AI
9. Sub Exhaust for SH5
For faster load the game...
No Logo Intro Menu_Animation v. 01.00 by AvM on top - first mod.

Poacher886
01-08-11, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the reply...is there a single mod big or small not listed you would recommend adding aswell.

Thanks again

Poacher886
01-08-11, 12:05 PM
Ok, im confused straight away....

I've downloaded the first mod. (Environmental mod 5.0) to my desktop; I've opened it with WinZip, and it shows me 57 files!, do i need to import all 57 files one at a time to JSGME??

Thanks

col_Kurtz
01-08-11, 01:55 PM
Ok, im confused straight away....

I've downloaded the first mod. (Environmental mod 5.0) to my desktop; I've opened it with WinZip, and it shows me 57 files!, do i need to import all 57 files one at a time to JSGME??

Thanks
Me too...
No, absolutely no. After opening the arhive there is the folder called Environment 5.0 MOD and this put into JSGME MODS folder. Than, active and that`s it.
Here you are the guide How to install the TDW mod.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1396851&postcount=2299
Good hunting - good luck:up:

Harmsway!
01-08-11, 05:47 PM
There are a few item about SH5 that need to be fixed and you don't have them all on your list. Here are the ones you're missing.

High tonnage score needed to level up!
( Lite Campaign 1.2 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1591) ) reduces this high tonnage requirement.

Deaf hydrophone operator
( Sobers realistic hydrophone (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2767) ) and ( no hydrophone on surface w/IRAI )

Low crew morale stops them from working at all.
( No magic skills v1.5 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164996), fixes morale and skills )

Getting started in SH5 is a pain the butt. For more help on this check out my Quick Start Guide (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=178048).

Poacher886
01-08-11, 06:00 PM
Thanks guy's...as you might have noticed, no sooner had i started downloading, i noticed the Mega-Mod was complete, so i'll start with this for a while, but then take a look at your suggestions!

Thanks again

col_Kurtz
01-08-11, 07:22 PM
All of us here are surprised - Magnum Opus is done.:yeah: as a one big mod:)
No problem. When this is the forum to help each other.:salute:

TheDarkWraith
01-08-11, 07:24 PM
Thanks guy's...as you might have noticed, no sooner had i started downloading, i noticed the Mega-Mod was complete, so i'll start with this for a while, but then take a look at your suggestions!

Thanks again

it's not complete. It's in BETA form for testing and feedback purposes. There are still some items that need fixing and items that need to be completed (language translations for the menu.txt files is one of them). The big unknown to me is Environment 5.0 that was included in the mod. I want to know that it's stable and doesn't crash the game. Nothing worse than CTDs. Even as a whole I want to ensure the mod is stable and the more people that test it the more feedback I get that it's stable/not stable.

ustahl
01-09-11, 11:18 AM
The big unknown to me is Environment 5.0 that was included in the mod. I want to know that it's stable and doesn't crash the game. Nothing worse than CTDs.

This might help:
http://www.acsoft.ch/Silent%20Hunter/silent_hunter.html :yep: