PDA

View Full Version : ubi.com greyed out

RemairTamec
12-28-10, 12:06 PM
I am trying to play multiplayer with a friend on SH5 but when he clicks multiplayer the "Ubi.com" option is greyed out and unclickable. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Gerald
12-28-10, 01:38 PM
:salute:

Captain Can
12-28-10, 01:46 PM
Hi! Welcome to subsim! :salute:

can't say that I've ever experienced this problem.:hmmm:
Maybe you should check ddrgn's thread (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163159) about multiplayer. if you still cant find your answer there then i guess you should try to contact with him.

Cheers!

FIREWALL
12-28-10, 01:48 PM
:salute:

ddrgn
12-28-10, 03:45 PM
Ive seen it happen ya, try restarting the game. Could be a NAT issue preventing your router from contacting the lobby servers.

RemairTamec
12-29-10, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the responses. We're both connected to the same router (we're not doing LAN due to strange problem that prevents him from connecting to other people using the router directly), and I can connect fine so it doesn't seem to be a router issue (I may be wrong, never understood NAT myself). It may well be his anti-virus' firewall blocking the ports, unfortuneately neither of us can work out where port forwarding options are on the latest norton.

We found that trying to connect to the UPlay server from SH5 also fails, it tries to connect for several seconds then says it failed to connect.

We'll keep trying to work out where this norton's port forwarding section is, I'll get back to you all if I have any luck.

RemairTamec
01-01-11, 03:10 PM
We finally got it working however I'm not sure what exactly was the cause of the problem, it may have been anti-virus blocking it, IP settings odd or a virus... his PC had many problems that we sorted all at once so I'm not sure which one in particular was causing it. Thanks for the advice guys.