PDA

View Full Version : When firing deckgun at night, explosions have "box" graphics

letterboy1
12-16-10, 05:09 AM
That is, when the rounds hit the target, the resulting graphic shows up as a box. Any idea if this is because one of the mods I'm using?
Environment mod 4.8 by WClear
New UIs_TDC_5_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith
New UIs_TDC_5_6_0_emtguf_rework_scopes_1

TheDarkWraith
12-16-10, 08:30 AM
That is, when the rounds hit the target, the resulting graphic shows up as a box. Any idea if this is because one of the mods I'm using?
Environment mod 4.8 by WClear
New UIs_TDC_5_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith
New UIs_TDC_5_6_0_emtguf_rework_scopes_1

I didn't adjust anything in the particles.dat. I'm pretty sure the environment mod includes a modified particles.dat file so I would suspect it.

seiseki
12-16-10, 04:21 PM
I'm experiencing the same thing!
And I'm using Environment mod 4.8 but not any UI mods, yet.

letterboy1
12-16-10, 04:31 PM
Hmmm, I'll try uninstalling Environment 4.8 and then installing it with an older version of the particles file oe even without it. But first I'll report in the Evirongment thread. Thanks guys!

rascal101
12-16-10, 10:07 PM
Any luck with this - also any luck with stopping the CTD - I think its due to Mr Clear using some wrong colours or something - usually removing the Climate Zones data from the mod fixes the problem

Hmmm, I'll try uninstalling Environment 4.8 and then installing it with an older version of the particles file oe even without it. But first I'll report in the Evirongment thread. Thanks guys!

W_clear
12-16-10, 11:56 PM
It's F:\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\Environment 4.8 MOD\data\Textures\TNormal\tex\expl_hallo_add.dds AND expl_hallo.dds

Complete adjustment in 4.9。You can first delete it。

letterboy1
12-18-10, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the reply, W_Clear. And thanks for all the work!

rascal101
12-18-10, 06:28 PM
Do we have a solution for the issue or just delete these two items
expl_hallo_add.dds AND expl_hallo.dds

If we do so should we replace with the same ones from an earlier version of the mod

Rascal

I donated to SubSim - have you - help keep our SubSim afloat - donate now

letterboy1
12-20-10, 12:51 AM
Rascal, I'm not 100% sure but I think that version 4.9 corrected the problem. He might have meant that you can delete the above-mentioned files from his mod before implementing it if you are still using an earlier version like 4.7 or 4.8. I don't know because I haven't tested it yet.

GT182
12-20-10, 10:11 AM
Is there a way to have range show as it does in SHIII when you use the deckgun and get rid of that ugly green bar?

rascal101
12-21-10, 12:51 AM
Hopefully we can get confirmation one way or the other - I tried knocking out the suggested lines but with no affect - I wonder if its better to import the same lines from the earlier version of the mod and see if that works

Rascal, I'm not 100% sure but I think that version 4.9 corrected the problem. He might have meant that you can delete the above-mentioned files from his mod before implementing it if you are still using an earlier version like 4.7 or 4.8. I don't know because I haven't tested it yet.