PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] sobers no tutorial mod .

THE_MASK
12-08-10, 03:59 PM
[WIP] no campaign tutorial mod .
Any ideas ?

BigBANGtheory
12-08-10, 06:19 PM
- 'No map contacts update' attack
- Making effective use of aft torpedos
- Hydrophone only attack
- Plotting an attack plan on the map
- Attacking from inside a convoy
- spread torpedo attacks
- shooting aircraft
- shooting the deckgun

Krauter
12-08-10, 07:32 PM
Wait.. so what are you attempting to do with this mod.. I don't get it :hmmm:

THE_MASK
12-08-10, 08:31 PM
Wait.. so what are you attempting to do with this mod.. I don't get it :hmmm:Get rid of the first tutorial mission . If you go into C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\Tu torial_mission.mis file and change
IsTutorial=True to
IsTutorial=False .
But there is a problem , iget a ctd upon entering the next day , 1200pm .

Krauter
12-08-10, 09:26 PM
Aaah ok :) I get you, I thought you were trying to un-do TDWs tutorial function and had to think to myself wait wat?

BigBANGtheory
12-09-10, 06:08 AM
oops I mis-understood you. :doh:

Can you replace the tutorial with a dummy tutorial which completes straight away?

Kaleun
12-09-10, 10:36 AM
I hated the lame tutorial, so after some digging around in files; (been using this for the last 6 months with no issues - except your commander will start his first patrol with no "Points" to distribute, but i like that as he's new to the boat and needs to prove himself. This works for any starting point, if you cheat and unlock the campaign)

To skip the tutorial, all you need to do is;

locate the SH5 folder "my documents" and navigate to the \data\cfg - in here you will find a file called "CareerHistory" (this is created after your first character/campaign - so just set up a test campaign), it should read something like

[CareerProgress]
ProgressID=Campaign-2010-12-09_1522
ProgressDate=19390903
CampaignID=TotalGermany39
HasCompletedTutorial=false <---- change to True.

This generates a dialogue box at the start of a new campaign "Skip tutorial yes/no"

Hope this helps

Kaleun

Webster
12-09-10, 11:26 AM
what about a "shake-down" sea trials mission where you must proove your crew is fit and ready for battle?

something like time trial and gunnery stuff but with a no fail system where it just tells you something like your boat wont live long unless you can do better then that.

an option to repeat sea trials would be nice too so you could wait to continue untill your crew is more ready

TheDarkWraith
12-09-10, 11:30 AM
what about a "shake-down" mission where you must proove your crew is fit and ready for battle?

something like time trial and gunnery stuff

Someone needs to make tutorials for those. That's one of the reasons why I made the tutorial feature :DL