PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Trevally Tutorials (for TDWs UI)

Trevally.
12-06-10, 06:28 AM
I have started writting tutorials for using TDWs UI mod.
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith or later is required.

Latest tutorial: Four Bearings.

DOWNLOAD
Trevally Tutorials All v0.2 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3097)

Trevally Tutorials All v0.2 (for OH II ) (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3329) USE THIS ONE IF YOU HAVE OHII INSTALLED

Trevally Four Bearings Tutorial Can be used with Real Nav
For use with TDW UI with Real Nav addon and No Map Updates.

Big thanks to Kuikueg for posting his New Improved Four Bearings Method,
on which I based this tutorial.

Basic Tutorials v0.4

There are only two in the basic tutorials at the moment, but I intend to add more soon.

Basic Sub Maneuvering -
This one includes and continues the Depth Control tutorial already within the UI. It also covers speed and steering.

Activate Stations -
This one is a guide to your boats stations.

I will add a more in depth guide to each station soon.

Fast 90 TDC v0.5
This includes tutorials in a pre-set mission and show you how to carry out 90 deg attacks using manual TDC.
This method is a good first step to manual TDC. (more info to follow)

Manual TDC 01 90deg -
This will take you through a step by step easy method for finding speed and target heading. With this information we can set up a fast 90deg attack and place each torp where we want it to hit.

Manual TDC 02 90deg Salvo -
As with the tutorial above, this helps you set a fast 90 attack. This time we set a salvo of torps and use the information we learned about gyroangles in a different way.

Range AOB Practice v0.2 (NewUIs_TDC_5_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith or later is required.)
This tutorial provides you the opportunity to practice finding range and AOB.

Use the stadimeter to find the range of various targets. Try methods to set the corrct AOB. A TDC checker will test you are getting each one correct. See great pic demo by Joegrundman Link (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134200)
This is a good next step if you started using manual TDC with the fast90 tutorial.

TDC Checker (http://www.filefront.com/17708387/Trevally TDC Checker.7z)
From the Range AOB Prictice tutorial.

This will check your AOB and Range TDC input against the target you are locked onto.
Run from "Automation" button and select -Tutorials - Sub - TDC Checker

RAOBF
Practice using this tool within a tutorial

This tutorial will take you through finding a target solution from using visual information and the RAOBF disc.
I would advice you to use "Manos Scopes (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179068)" when using the RAOBF disc. If you are using one of the others - only count horizontal clicks on one side of the scale.

UPDATE NOTE: for the mast height measurment,it is not needed to put the scope's horizontal line on waterline . it is ok just to count how many marks the ship's mast is 'covering' on vertical scale

Credit and thanks (RAOBF):-

TDW for the tutorial commands and his UI/Mega mod
Makman for his Manos scopes and advice.
ToniloCoyote for his advice and correct ship sizes.
Pisces & joegrundman for teaching me how this works

Installing - Place folder in you MODS folder. Using JSGME un-install any previous versions first, then install (must be after "NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_ByTheDarkWraith"). You will get an overwrite warning (for 3 folders in TDW UI), this is ok.

Big thanks to TheDarkWraith for giving us this feature and all his help:yeah:
All of the commands I use are within TDWs UI mod. Anyone can write these tutorials. See here for commands:-
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Tutorials\TDW_Tutorial

Trevally.
12-06-10, 06:32 AM
To start any tutorial you must click on Tutorial in the main menu screen.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8750/tutorialselect.png

Then select the tutorial you want to run, from the list.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6121/selecymanualtdc90.png

Next click on Historical Missions. If the tutorial requires a set mission, it will be highlighted for you. Click on it. You will see the u-boat selection switch to this mission
If no missions are highlighted, select any one of them.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1023/missione.png

Finally click start and the mission will load and the tutorial will start.

BigBANGtheory
12-06-10, 07:26 AM
I am looking forward to the Fast 90 TDC tutorial, I think that will be appreciated by a lot of skippers. Nice one dude :salute:

brandtryan
12-06-10, 07:44 AM
Thanks Trevally!

by the way--I'm having some trouble finding the best way to use your hydrophone search script (no station). If a contact is detected, it doesn't drop the TC to 1x. Also--is there a hotkey for starting AND stopping a script? That might be a question for DW.

Trevally.
12-06-10, 08:06 AM
I am looking forward to the Fast 90 TDC tutorial, I think that will be appreciated by a lot of skippers. Nice one dude :salute:

Thanks BigBang - The fast 90 uses some new commands that TDW has written into his UI. Should be ready when he releases UIv5.4

Thanks Trevally!

by the way--I'm having some trouble finding the best way to use your hydrophone search script (no station). If a contact is detected, it doesn't drop the TC to 1x. Also--is there a hotkey for starting AND stopping a script? That might be a question for DW.

Just had a look. Due to the "check baffles" I had to change TDC within that script a lot. This was because your boat wont turn at high TDC.

You can change your options.py file to set TC on contact.

But yes you are correct, if you dont stop the script it will jump to high TC again. There is a total of 3mins listening where you can stop the script. A hot key would make this easier. (see TDWs tutorials on how to set hot keys)

I will have a look at the options.py to see how to change your TC on contact.

Trevally.
12-06-10, 08:23 AM
Ok in your options you will find this :-

# the TC level at which the TCx on contact distance is enabled (this will change the TC level to a pre-determined level when a contact gets inside a specified radius around the sub if the current TC level is greater than or equal to this value)
# below in powers of 2 only!
TCxOnContactDistanceEnabledTCLevel = 1024

# when at TC > 1 and TCxOnContactDistanceEnabled is enabled (True) then this is the radius around your sub to determine when to set TC level to TCxOnContactDistanceTCLevel
# below in meters
TCxOnContactDistanceRadius = 8000.0

# the TC level to set when TCxOnContactDistanceEnabled is enabled (True) and contact is inside the TCxOnContactDistanceRadius
# below in powers of 2 only!
TCxOnContactDistanceTCLevel = 1

Change the 1024 to 32
You can also increase the range (radius)

If you do this however - you will only every be able to increase TC to 16 without it dropping to 1 when any contact is within that radius.

brandtryan
12-06-10, 10:19 AM
I'll give 32 a try.

Also--I've assigned a hotkey for that script--but have noticed that it will start the script, but it won't STOP the script. So now I just run the script and watch carefully durring the baffles check for a contact, with my mouse hovering over the stop button in the automation interface. Also, for some reason I can't get the hotkey to work to pull up the automation interface. I'm going to try changing the key and requiring shift with it.

Trevally.
12-06-10, 10:35 AM
Sorry, I don't know about the hotkeys stopping an automation script. Perhaps TDW can let us know if there is a fast easy way.

You can also try increasing the range. 8000m is close. The ships are loaded at 30000m. Now Im not saying you should set tha to 30km but try 15km to start.

This could be a pain when entering or leaving port - let me know. I may have to change the script to give more time to re-act.

Edit: Travel Mode when entering and leaving ports may allow you to go higher than TC16.

TheDarkWraith
12-06-10, 10:42 AM
Sorry, I don't know about the hotkeys stopping an automation script. Perhaps TDW can let us know if there is a fast easy way.

currently no. I did forget to allow the hotkey to toggle start/stop. Currently the hotkey will only start. I'll look into it.

Trevally.
12-09-10, 05:04 PM
Added tutorial Fast 90 TDC.

NewUIs_TDC_5_4_0 or later is required.

See first post for download:up:

Jaeger
12-10-10, 08:21 AM
Hi Trevally,

besides some tutorials (and automation scripts) for attacks, can you add some tutorials (and perhaps automation scripts) for navigation? Dead reckoning (taking spedd and bearing each hour and drawing it in the map while bad weather, asking the nav officer to take a position by using the sextant while good weather conditions) for example? Perhaps an automation script could be useful to do positioning automatically two times a day?

TheDarkWraith
12-10-10, 08:24 AM
Also--I've assigned a hotkey for that script--but have noticed that it will start the script, but it won't STOP the script

starting in v5.4.0 this was corrected :yep:

brandtryan
12-10-10, 08:46 AM
thanks DW!!!

BigBANGtheory
12-10-10, 11:40 AM
I have just played through the 1st Fast90 tutorial, bloody good best tutorial to date IMHO. Thanks Trevally and of course TDW for the work, this plugs another big gap in the vanilla game.

Trevally.
12-10-10, 02:02 PM
Hi Trevally,

besides some tutorials (and automation scripts) for attacks, can you add some tutorials (and perhaps automation scripts) for navigation? Dead reckoning (taking spedd and bearing each hour and drawing it in the map while bad weather, asking the nav officer to take a position by using the sextant while good weather conditions) for example? Perhaps an automation script could be useful to do positioning automatically two times a day?

I have been looking at making a tutorial for plotting a distant sound contact with no map contacts on - "Four Bearing". (this could work with real navigation too)

Now with the new "Real Navigation" I was thinking some more basic chartwork. Things like coordinates, speed/distance conversion and dead reckoning.

Not sure about automation - will have a look.

starting in v5.4.0 this was corrected :yep:

Thanks TDW:up:

I have just played through the 1st Fast90 tutorial, bloody good best tutorial to date IMHO. Thanks Trevally and of course TDW for the work, this plugs another big gap in the vanilla game.

Thanks BigBANGtheory, hope it helps. Any suggestions would be welcome:up:

Captain Can
12-10-10, 03:58 PM
trevally those 90 deg tutorials are perfect for manuel TDC noobs like me! :yeah: thanks a lot man.this will help a lot of people like me. :)

if you are taking any suggestions for further tutorials , i have already one to tell.:D

can you make a total TDC tutorial of a target.i mean where you use stadimeter (have no idea how to use it to calculate range :oops: ) , calculate AOB (where you dont have a chance to hit from a 90 deg ) etc.

how to react when you see a convoy with using manuel TDC will be helpful as well.

thanks a million times!
Cheers! :salute:

Trevally.
12-10-10, 05:14 PM
trevally those 90 deg tutorials are perfect for manuel TDC noobs like me! :yeah: thanks a lot man.this will help a lot of people like me. :)

if you are taking any suggestions for further tutorials , i have already one to tell.:D

can you make a total TDC tutorial of a target.i mean where you use stadimeter (have no idea how to use it to calculate range :oops: ) , calculate AOB (where you dont have a chance to hit from a 90 deg ) etc.

how to react when you see a convoy with using manuel TDC will be helpful as well.

thanks a million times!
Cheers! :salute:

Thanks Captain Can:up:

Yes, this would be a good tutorial - perhaps looking at fast methods to gather info - Speed from ship length, AOB from RAOBF and distance from stadi.

I am really enjoying the Real Navigation at the moment and the extra challenges it creates. So I might do some chartwork first.

Captain Can
12-10-10, 05:36 PM
I am really enjoying the Real Navigation at the moment and the extra challenges it creates. So I might do some chartwork first.

well you have just read my mind (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1551408&postcount=5326) then haha! :DL

col_Kurtz
12-11-10, 01:22 PM
Same as subject. Is it for SH3Style too? I tried play your tutorial and game stop when I leave the attack periscope. I colud move mouse coursor move viewing but I can`t back to periscope and can`t move anywhere. Next load this mission - break the game and back to Windows with pop-up. The game Silent Hunter problems and must shut down... etc.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\Games\Silent Hunter 5\SH5 MODS]

000 RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
001 Accurate German Flags
002 Environment 4.8 MOD
004 Enhanced FunelSmoke_by HanSolo78
005 Shadow Improvement ModLR
006 U-boat Historical Specifications 1.4
007 FX_Update_0_0_9_ByTheDarkWraith
008 FX_Update_0_0_9_UHS_Fix
009 FX_Update_0_0_9_BARF_1_3_Full_Fix
010 NewUIs_TDC_5_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith - SH3Style activated in .py file and full raise the attack periscope after opening this station.
010a NewUIs_TDC_5_6_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch
010b NewUIs_TDC_5_6_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision XO box not exist, it`s the book I got this http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1441339&postcount=1 without thin green lines of course:)
010c NewUIs_TDC_5_6_0_emtguf_rework_scopes
010d NewUIs_TDC_5_6_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_naights
010d NewUIs_TDC_5_6_0_No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_No_Aircr aft_Spotting
011 Krauters Automated Scripts (v5_0_0 compatible)
012 Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.4
013 Patrol Routine Scripts v. 01.02 by AvM
014 IRAI_0_0_29_ByTheDarkWraith
015 IRAI_0_0_29_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
016 AirTorpedoes
017 SUB_hyd_fix_SH5
019 MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt faces
019a MCCD_1.04
019b MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
020 Dooms Decks for VIIABC41 1.4
021 IO_StrategicMap_2_1_for_TDW_5.4.0
022 Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC_SH5_v120
023 No magic skills v1.5 MCCD compatible
024 Cerberus62 Historical Ship Equipment 1.3
025 Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
028 Speech fixes and additions (german version)
029 German U-Boat Hydrophone SFX
030 U-Boat Propulsion SFX
031 Unterseeboot II SFX
032 sobers talking conning crew mod
033 SubFlags_0_0_6_byTheDarkWraith
040 Lite Campaign LC 1.2
041 U-Boat R & R
Trevally Tutorials Basic v0.4 (for TDW UI)
Trevally Tutorials Fast 90 TDC v0.5
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
Nauticalwolf's_Damage_and_Torpedo_UI(g)_Mod_v1.1

Trevally.
12-11-10, 02:01 PM
Hi col_Kurtz

Yes both these notes you have added could cause this:hmmm:

I will test with each one and see.

Can I just check that you are not leaving the map or attach scope station (viewing sub)? It is important that you only switch between the two.

There is also a "Wait untill scope is raised" command. With yours on auto rise - I dont know what effect that is having.

I dont think it is the ERM by reaper as I make no commands to click XO box. Other than pressing "L" to move the XO box:hmmm:

Trevally.
12-11-10, 02:51 PM
@ col_Kurtz

I have just run the tutorial with :-

SH3 style
Auto raise attack scope
Reapers ERM

No problems othen than the scope raised on auto and I had to click rise to continue. No effect from the ERM either.

Can you try again but this time ensure that when you leave the attack scope to get to the map station - you use the nav map icon. (not exit)
Also when you leave the map station to return to the scope you click the "Red X" exit station button.

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks:up:

col_Kurtz
12-11-10, 03:23 PM
I will try but it`s not so easy... beacause some steps from your tutorial are a one step behind my UI:)
For example. ERM I can open only with hit the spacebar, than I need one more time hit and again to activate the dialog with my XO:)

Trevally.
12-11-10, 04:02 PM
I will try but it`s not so easy... beacause some steps from your tutorial are a one step behind my UI:)
For example. ERM I can open only with hit the spacebar, than I need one more time hit and again to activate the dialog with my XO:)

Ok I think I have found what is wrong.

When you first go to the attack score, the script checks to see if you are using "Manual TDC" or "Auto TDC". If it is auto, it will ask you to turn on the TDC. I think this is where it is going wrong with the ERM.

To fix this please select from main menu "Options" and set "Targeting" to manual and apply.

Then run tutorial. This will skip the command to turn TDC on.

col_Kurtz
12-11-10, 04:21 PM
Ok I think I have found what is wrong.

When you first go to the attack score, the script checks to see if you are using "Manual TDC" or "Auto TDC". If it is auto, it will ask you to turn on the TDC. I think this is where it is going wrong with the ERM.

To fix this please select from main menu "Options" and set "Targeting" to manual and apply.

Then run tutorial. This will skip the command to turn TDC on.
Did you mean main options of the game... Tick the Manuall targeting? I`m not using manually - I`m too noobish;) anyway have a look on this screen my Kaleun:salute:
http://naforum.zapodaj.net/thumbs/9cc87cb27ca3.jpg (http://naforum.zapodaj.net/9cc87cb27ca3.jpg.html)
:rock:
Hit exactly at kil and... motor room?
I`m not sure how... but I sunk this tanker at last:rotfl2: I have no idea I need to get scope to lower position and she get to the zig-zag course... and I thought - in earlier tutorial... HOW can I do that? So, as you can see I`m absolute beginner. SH3 and SH4 is completely different games:)
Thank you for your help:yeah:

Trevally.
12-11-10, 04:33 PM
Did you mean main options of the game... Tick the Manuall targeting? I`m not using manually - I`m too noobish;) anyway have a look on this screen my Kaleun:salute:
http://naforum.zapodaj.net/thumbs/9cc87cb27ca3.jpg (http://naforum.zapodaj.net/9cc87cb27ca3.jpg.html)
:rock:
Hit exactly at kil and... motor room?
I`m not sure how... but I sunk this tanker at last:rotfl2: I have no idea I need to get scope to lower position and she get to the zig-zag course... and I thought - in earlier tutorial... HOW can I do that? So, as you can see I`m absolute beginner. SH3 and SH4 is completely different games:)
Thank you for your help:yeah:

Good Shot:up:

Option 1
So you can see the full tutorial set "Targeting to Manual" - Yes in "main menu" - Before you select the tutorial.
You can set it back after you have finished the tutorial.
Once you have tried the tutorial a few times - you wont want to switch auto back on:D

Option 2
Uninstall the ERM.
Again you can re-install after the tutirial

col_Kurtz
12-11-10, 04:35 PM
Good Shot:up:

Option 1
So you can see the full tutorial set "Targeting to Manual" - Yes in "main menu" - Before you select the tutorial.
You can set it back after you have finished the tutorial.
Once you have tried the tutorial a few times - you wont want to switch auto back on:D

Option 2
Uninstall the ERM.
Again you can re-install after the tutirial

Good shot=good teacher:up:
Ok, I will try dif options with this:)

col_Kurtz
12-15-10, 05:15 AM
Trevally...

I noticed, the gyro change when I follow the target and never shows 0,0 on both clocks... :/
I tried one more time your tutorial and have a look on this screen. On the scopes scale was 6-7 degrees. On the gyro... 30 degrees! What`s wrong?
I launched the torps at 4 degree. She spotted torps and start maneuvring. Anyway yellow mark shows you where exactly torps hits... Almost missed. But I think they should hit nearly back not front this tanker. What do you think, what is bad in this? Tutorial (you actually) says everything is OK.
http://naforum.zapodaj.net/thumbs/b54d25c57366.jpg (http://naforum.zapodaj.net/b54d25c57366.jpg.html)
Anyway your method is clear and nice and for me the best.

BigBANGtheory
12-15-10, 09:15 AM
You are doing the salvo mission by the looks of it, check the following:

- Your scope bearing is at 000 when you set the TDC
- You unlock the target, and only follow the target

What you should see is the gyro angle turning clockwise towards the zero positions on both dials as you follow the target (especially if you use time compression). I would expect your firing bearing to be closer to 345 degress when you reach the zero gyro angle.

I think I mucked it up twice before getting it right myself.

Trevally.
12-15-10, 12:32 PM
@ col_Kurtz,

BigBANGtheory is correct:up:

With the "salvo" tutorial, I just wanted to show that if you get the lead angle correct (speed + AOB(90)) and you fire at zero gyroangle - range does not matter.

col_Kurtz
12-15-10, 05:04 PM
To both of You Mates...

I did that step by step. And last thing to do was follow the target. I`m waiting yes on TC... than when it`s closing to 0 in my scope (355 degrees) stop the TC and watch... no 0, 0 in the gyro... and pass 0 in the scope scale as on my pic.
I expected triple 0, scope scale and both gyro...
I will try one more time (or more:O: ).
Because I like this ;)
Thank you:salute:

Trevally.
12-15-10, 05:15 PM
To both of You Mates...

I did that step by step. And last thing to do was follow the target. I`m waiting yes on TC... than when it`s closing to 0 in my scope (355 degrees) stop the TC and watch... no 0, 0 in the gyro... and pass 0 in the scope scale as on my pic.
I expected triple 0, scope scale and both gyro...
I will try one more time (or more:O: ).
Because I like this ;)
Thank you:salute:

than when it`s closing to 0 in my scope

Zero on Gyroangle = Fire:up:

col_Kurtz
12-15-10, 05:47 PM
Zero on Gyroangle = Fire:up:
Ok... I got it. I found what was not... perfect;) The speed of the torpedo. When is very slow for long distance shot - you can`t see 0 on the gyro. When I changed the speed to max... I saw the 0, 0 on the both gyro clocks:)
http://naforum.zapodaj.net/thumbs/325e73e1334b.jpg (http://naforum.zapodaj.net/325e73e1334b.jpg.html)
So the speed is very important.

Trevally.
12-15-10, 06:04 PM
So the speed is very important

No, speed of torps does not matter.
The TDC knows how fast a torp will travel.
With fast the LEAD angle (shown on gyroscope) is smaller. (fire less in front of target)
With slow torps the LEAD is larger. (fire more in front of target)
If you switch the torp speed from slow to fast - you can see the LEAD angle adjust on the gyroangle.

Fire @ zero gyroangle

BigBANGtheory
12-16-10, 03:36 AM
One of the mistakes I did was setting the torp speed to full for tube 1, but not the others in the salvo i.e. leaving 3 & 4 on normal/slow. You need to set them all to the same speed (or leave them all on default) which makes sense when you think of the TDC as a firing solution calculator.

I think what is useful about the tutorial is that you can learn other things from your mistakes.

col_Kurtz
12-16-10, 06:18 AM
:D
I broke her on two parts with nice jump up :yeah: No chance for screeny - pity:cry: Mission completed ;)
It was spectacular. I set the torp to 6 meters deep. The first hit in the kil, the second in the rudder last one again in the kil and brake the ship on half. Amazing. At first time in this game I saw this great shot. No chance for escape... horrible:oops:
BigBANGTheory... in the scope scale it was about 345 degrees... (Trevally shows this on the picture!!! - I`m blind:dead: kid in the fog) You right I missed this!:oops:
Thank you mates for your patience and help:salute:

Trevally.
12-23-10, 04:25 PM
Added new tutorial - Range AOB Practice.
This tutorial requires TDW UI v5.9

The tutorial will take you through finding range by using the stadimeter and AOB by eye.
This is a good next step if you started using manual TDC with the fast90 tutorial.

See post 1 for download.

Captain Can
12-24-10, 10:12 AM
Trevally another nice tutorial , thanks a lot. :salute:

now i can finally disable auto tdc from options after learning a lot about manuel tdc from these nice tutorials.:yeah:

ps:cant wait for the new ones hehe.

BigBANGtheory
12-24-10, 12:59 PM
I love how this tutorial is more interactive (i.e. you do things, the tutorial does things), and well thought out too you have a gift for teaching I would say. :salute:

Can't wait for more tbh. :|\\

Trevally.
12-24-10, 02:55 PM
Trevally another nice tutorial , thanks a lot. :salute:

now i can finally disable auto tdc from options after learning a lot about manuel tdc from these nice tutorials.:yeah:

ps:cant wait for the new ones hehe.

I love how this tutorial is more interactive (i.e. you do things, the tutorial does things), and well thought out too you have a gift for teaching I would say. :salute:

Can't wait for more tbh. :|\\

Re-placed link on post one for v0.2 - fixed bad spelling:88)

Thanks for the feedback guys:salute:, its good to know they are helpful.

I am thinking about the next one using stadimeter to find speed. This would be for moving up to "no map updates".:hmmm:

Captain Can
12-26-10, 03:24 AM
I am thinking about the next one using stadimeter to find speed. This would be for moving up to "no map updates".:hmmm:

Trevally a tutorial with 'no map contact updates' will be really great. :yeah: i am thinking about disabling map contact updates from options for too long but i hesitate to do it.

col_Kurtz
12-26-10, 05:30 PM
Trevally...

As usuall your Tutorial is very usefull. Great job, thank you very much :yeah:
At this moment I`m thinking about this small help in game. I mean one button: Solution target (WEPS). Hitting this you can receive info about your target... For example:
We got she Kaleun! (when everything is good: AOB, speed, masthight, range), or full info: AOB: 64 degree, speed 6kts, range 3500 meters, top mast 15 meters.
Or if I failed with this...
Kaleun, we need correctly AOB... or Kaleun, we need correctly range...

I`m thinking about this. This is not auto aim only, auto check my data. Is it possible? Maybe stand alone mod: Navigator helps:hmmm:

http://naforum.zapodaj.net/thumbs/4664eea3cc54.jpg (http://naforum.zapodaj.net/4664eea3cc54.jpg.html)

Anyway, great thanks for AOB tutorial:rock:
:salute:

Trevally.
12-26-10, 06:24 PM
I`m thinking about this. This is not auto aim only, auto check my data. Is it possible? Maybe stand alone mod: Navigator helps:hmmm:

Yes ,that is a good idea. I have the TDC checker from the AOB tutorial and am trying to run it as a automation script. This would check your TDC solution prior to you firing within game. (help to spot errors)

It was causing CTDs when I was testing. I will look at it again:up:

col_Kurtz
12-27-10, 06:10 AM
Yes ,that is a good idea. I have the TDC checker from the AOB tutorial and am trying to run it as a automation script. This would check your TDC solution prior to you firing within game. (help to spot errors)

It was causing CTDs when I was testing. I will look at it again:up:

So I see a tiny light in the tunnel;) Thank you:)

Trevally.
12-27-10, 07:33 AM
Added TDC Checker - see post 1

Click the automation button and select - Tutorials - Sub - TDC Checker.
This can be run at anytime to check your TDC input settings.
It will spot errors of more than 10deg in AOB and 300m in range.
I have only tested in missions but should work in game.

col_Kurtz
12-27-10, 08:55 AM
Added TDC Checker - see post 1

Click the automation button and select - Tutorials - Sub - TDC Checker.
This can be run at anytime to check your TDC input settings.
It will spot errors of more than 10deg in AOB and 300m in range.
I have only tested in missions but should work in game.

I will try this ASAP:salute:

Trevally.
01-02-11, 04:46 AM

I am half way through writting this tutorial. It is aimed at moving up to "no map contacts" and "real navigation". It takes you through the info gathering and setting a visual attack on a convoy of two ships.

However, I have been learning how to use the RAOBF and I feel a tutorial on that may be a better step first. (good to know how to use all the tools at your disposal)

I could base this on the Range AOB Practice tutotial. This would give more options for gathering your visual information.

Captain Can
01-02-11, 03:25 PM
Travelly cant wait for the new ones! i am feeling like a second captain in your u-boot already hehehe !:DL

col_Kurtz
01-03-11, 04:48 PM
I am half way through writting this tutorial. It is aimed at moving up to "no map contacts" and "real navigation". It takes you through the info gathering and setting a visual attack on a convoy of two ships.

However, I have been learning how to use the RAOBF and I feel a tutorial on that may be a better step first. (good to know how to use all the tools at your disposal)

I could base this on the Range AOB Practice tutotial. This would give more options for gathering your visual information.

Trevally... Just courius. How to use stadimeter in the night black as ink. I`m seriuos. I`m thought about it all night long... And, don`t get it:( When I spot the vessel at night, crewmen see this ghost - me not. Cant see anything so I`m looking at map and follow something in my scope (Hit the space, ID target etc.). But I can`t use stadimeter because I can`t see the ship:o

Trevally.
01-03-11, 05:28 PM
At night use Obs scope - It has a wider view and lets more light in.

Still its not easy - TDW may add some scope filters - that will help

MRP 1.3 light makes it lighter - but I think may need an update to work with TDW UI

Vanilla
01-03-11, 06:21 PM
Treally,

First of all thumbs up for your great work! :yeah: I was just wondering - in your range and AOB tutorial there is a rather long pause waiting for the script to check your solution. I wonder if that really takes this long to calculate or I can just press 'next' button straight away?

Trevally.
01-03-11, 06:28 PM
Treally,

First of all thumbs up for your great work! :yeah: I was just wondering - in your range and AOB tutorial there is a rather long pause waiting for the script to check your solution. I wonder if that really takes this long to calculate or I can just press 'next' button straight away?

Thanks Vanilla:up:

Yes the pause is only there for effect:O:

Click next and it will more on faster.

Trevally.
01-23-11, 04:02 PM
Hi everyone:salute:

I have added a new tutorial to post 1

RAOBF disc

This tutorial will take you through the stages required for getting visual information and using the RAOBF tool to find:-

Bearing
Range
AOB
Speed

:|\\

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6633/trevallytut01.jpghttp://img502.imageshack.us/img502/839/trevallytut02.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8360/trevallytut03.jpg

Captain Can
01-25-11, 06:12 PM
well i had no idea how to use RAOBF before , but this tutorial is quite useful for guys like me and now i can use it.

Thanks Trevally ! Keep more coming please. :salute:

Trevally.
01-29-11, 01:19 PM
well i had no idea how to use RAOBF before , but this tutorial is quite useful for guys like me and now i can use it.

Thanks Trevally ! Keep more coming please. :salute:

Thanks Capt Can:salute:

Added all the tutorials so far as one package in post 1:up:

stoianm
01-29-11, 05:32 PM
Hi Trevally,

Do you know where i can find the ,,AOB approaches zero'' grid (chart or something like that?)

Thanks!

Trevally.
01-29-11, 05:45 PM
Hi Trevally,

Do you know where i can find the ,,AOB approaches zero'' grid (chart or something like that?)

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. Can you give me more information:06:

stoianm
01-29-11, 09:20 PM
Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. Can you give me more information:06:

i found it already.
Thanks!

Spy Guy
01-30-11, 04:37 PM
What resolution is this at?

When I play on 1650 * 1050 I only get around 10 - 15 ticks (didn't bother to count) on either side of the central line in the RAOBF. I take it this was made for a 1080p screen?

In which case, curses! Will need to get a new screen.

Apart from that issue (probably on my end) I've been enjoying these tutorials very much.

Trevally.
01-30-11, 04:57 PM
What resolution is this at?

When I play on 1650 * 1050 I only get around 10 - 15 ticks (didn't bother to count) on either side of the central line in the RAOBF. I take it this was made for a 1080p screen?

In which case, curses! Will need to get a new screen.

Apart from that issue (probably on my end) I've been enjoying these tutorials very much.

Hi SpyGuy

When you add a scope mod - say "Manos Scopes" you also need to add a patch to fix the camera file. So you would look for the one "1650 * 1050" and install it afet the scope mod.

This should fix you screen:up:

doctrine
02-01-11, 10:36 AM
<edit>
So SH5 is up running again and I had some free time so I just went through your first tutorial!

I selected the Manual TDC 01 90deg tutorial from the main menu before loading the TDC mission. It all ran smoothly, although the ships weren't moving.
And because of that there wasn't much of course drawing for me :D But to bad, didn't really bother me. Learned a lot from it, probably more than in the last few months!

</edit>

Bleeeeh, @ work :wah: The more I read these threads, the more I want to go home and try it all out!

And a 'no map contact' tutorial would be great! But dude, so far it's awesome already!! Sooo much to learn :know:

Thank you, and every other modder too of course, for all the effort :salute:

Trevally.
02-08-11, 02:27 PM
Hi All:salute:

I have a week off work so started a new tutorial today - "The Four Bearings Attack".

This one will be for finding and attacking using TDW "Real Navigation". (Manual targeting and No Map updates)

Five stages are:-

Map Work (Parallel lines etc)
The Four Bearings (demo)
Hunt with Four Bearings (actual)
Fast 90 setup with real nav (navigating)
The attack

stoianm
02-08-11, 02:31 PM
Good ideea:up:

Seems that after we will gratuade the ,,trevally naval academy'' we will have more chances to find a good job as a uboat captain:yeah:

Trevally.
02-14-11, 06:57 PM
Please see post 1 for "Four Bearings Tutorial"

This tutorial will take you through a mission where we use
map work skills and the four bearings to find and hunt a target without visual information.

This tutorial will work best if you have "Real Nav" enabled and "No Map Updates".
It is a bit more advanced than the others I have done, but please
use the scroll back option if you need to go over a section again.

Big thanks to Kuikueg for his work on this method:up:
See his thread here for more info Click (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179137)

I will update this tutorial with colour text soon.

If anyone has any suggestions to improve this or other tutorial
please post here.:salute:

TheDarkWraith
02-14-11, 07:07 PM
I will update this tutorial with colour text soon.

You're waiting on my new version aren't you :06: I should be releasing it here soon (a test of it will be released here very soon that uses my new .dlls. I want to see if loading times are reduced with them)

Trevally.
02-14-11, 07:13 PM
Thats ok TDW, no rush:up:

This one is more advanced and I hope to get some feedback
if anything need changed before adding to the all in one package.

stoianm
02-14-11, 07:31 PM
Thanks trevally:up: - good job as usual

Trevally.
02-16-11, 02:29 PM
When you run the Four Bearings Tutorial in game, it will take you through
some key areas of map work first.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9355/26646616.png

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2773/94044727.png

This is followed by a step by step instruction for finding enough target info
from long range hydro contact. Thus allowing you to plan an intercept course and gather all info required for a firing solution.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/156/42118266.png
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5757/41397457.png

As each part is displayed, you then apply it to your game as the tutorial advances. This will allow you to move on at your own pace.
You can also rewind (scroll) and repeat a section again.
The tutorial will guide you right through to attacking the target.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9688/79230877.png

Even as the tutorial is best run with real nav and no map updates,
you can have these features on and see what is happening.

Trevally.
02-19-11, 03:20 PM
Added Trevally Tutorial All v0.2 to post 1

This update adds Four Bearings and uses TDWs new colour text feature.

Any sugestions for a new tutorial would be welcome:up:

stoianm
02-19-11, 03:29 PM
Thanks - keep the good work as usual:up:

HansLanda
03-01-11, 12:54 PM
In the 4 bearing tutorial there seems to be a bigger protractor map tool in use that is available in stock UI mod (used when plotting the lines with the ruler) .

Is this available via some separate mod ? Would helpful when plotting out the accurate courses as I have trouble seeing the the smaller protractor in my resolution (1900x1200).

And also thanks for these mods. They have been very useful and allowed me to quickly refresh some of my SH5 skill after a longish break from the game.

TheDarkWraith
03-01-11, 01:17 PM
In the 4 bearing tutorial there seems to be a bigger protractor map tool in use that is available in stock UI mod (used when plotting the lines with the ruler) .

it's probably the draggable compass from the Navigtion map. Look on the right side of the navigation map just a little above half way up.

HansLanda
03-01-11, 01:29 PM
it's probably the draggable compass from the Navigtion map. Look on the right side of the navigation map just a little above half way up.

No, I meant the one that is attached to the end of the line when plotting :)

The draggable compass is useful too, but it would be good to have the actual plotting protractor bigger as well.

http://pocket-journal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/maptool.jpg

stoianm
03-01-11, 01:31 PM
No, I meant the one that is attached to the end of the line when plotting :)

The draggable compass is useful too, but it would be good to have the actual plotting protractor bigger as well.

http://pocket-journal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/maptool.jpg
it is a mod

down from here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2819

cheers

HansLanda
03-01-11, 01:37 PM
it is a mod

down from here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2819

cheers

Thanks for the link :)

Trevally.
03-01-11, 01:40 PM
Hi Hans, glad you find the tutorials useful:up:

gap
03-01-11, 01:48 PM

I think he's rather meaning the large style protractor coming with equatool pack:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=175050&page=4

(forth picture from bottom, in the 1st post)

ops... too late

Trevally.
03-01-11, 02:02 PM
I think he's rather meaning the large style protractor coming with equatool pack:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=175050&page=4

(forth picture from bottom, in the 1st post)

ops... too late

Yes that the one I used. Its very good for Real Nav:up:

Trevally.
04-25-11, 02:00 PM
As there are a few new users learning manaul TDC in SH5,
I just wanted to post this link to a tutorial by Joegrundman.
This tutorial is very good for judging AOB by eye. Link (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134200) :sunny:

Then try it out then with TDC checker (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=182764) or the AOB tutorial (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1547791&postcount=1) on page one:up:

blkdimnd
04-26-11, 09:57 AM
For some reason the tutorials are not showing up in game for me.
I click Tutorials in the game menu, and the tutorial window opens, but no tutorials are listed.

(I'd post a screen shot, but all I'm getting is my desktop. Even when using FRAPS, and ideas how to fix that too?)

Here is my Mod Loadout:

[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Magnum_Opus_Patch_2
Original map colors
nVidia missing lights
Shadow Improvement Mod
Anti-Lag
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Manos Scopes-patch for 8x5
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_UHS_Fix
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
AirTorpedoes
U-boat Historical Specifications 1.7 for TDW Mods
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
Trevally Tutorials - All v0.2 (for TDW UI)

Trevally.
04-26-11, 11:38 AM
Hi blkdimnd

Can you confirm that the right side of the screen is blank with no tutorials.

Please see here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1547794&postcount=2

If this is the case, can you try re-installing the tutorials and let me know
how this goes:up:

Try "ctrl+F11" for screen shot or "print screen" and paste to a canvas

blkdimnd
04-26-11, 11:49 AM
That is correct, screen is blank with no tutorials. I can see the windows where they're supposed to be, but it's blank.

I have tried reinstalling the tutorials twice, no luck. I had it working the other day, but I reinstalled SH5 and now it doesn't. (It worked on the Steam version, now I'm using a boxed version.)

I have even redownloded all the mods I used, and reinstalled them to make sure nothing was corrupted. No luck there ether.

(How do I take a screen shot of the game menu?, PrtScr only gives me my desktop, even when in game, so does using FRAPS)

Trevally.
04-26-11, 12:02 PM
go into your game folder "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Tutorials"
and see if it looks like this.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4176/96781167.jpg

Trevally.
04-26-11, 12:09 PM
Also check your automation folder.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1553/95228221.jpg

If you have "routine patrols" by A von M - delete it

blkdimnd
04-26-11, 12:32 PM
go into your game folder "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Tutorials"
and see if it looks like this.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4176/96781167.jpg

This is exactly what I have.

blkdimnd
04-26-11, 12:34 PM
Also check your automation folder.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1553/95228221.jpg

If you have "routine patrols" by A von M - delete it

This is also the same.

I did have "routine patrols" by A von M listed, I deleted it as you said.
But still no luck.

blkdimnd
04-26-11, 12:39 PM
This is basicaly what my game menu looks like. (But I still have the game background)

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8596/tutorialselectblank.png (http://img808.imageshack.us/i/tutorialselectblank.png/)

Trevally.
04-26-11, 12:43 PM
Im sorry blkdimnd but im not sure what could be the cause of this.

It sounds like there is a problem with one of the Automation files
and this is causeing the game to skip them all.

Perhaps if TDW catches this post he can suggest something.

You said in another post about re-installing to get away from the steam version. Is this when it stopped working for you:06:

When you are in the game - open your automation page and see if "tutorials" or anything else are is showing there.

blkdimnd
04-26-11, 01:04 PM
Thank you for all of your help.

Yes, it was working with the Steam version, but not the boxed version.

I'm just going to uninstall and reinstall the game and mods. See if that helps.

Trevally.
04-26-11, 01:08 PM
Thank you for all of your help.

Yes, it was working with the Steam version, but not the boxed version.

I'm just going to uninstall and reinstall the game and mods. See if that helps.

I have sent you a PM

Please try it first as it may save you some trouble:salute:

blkdimnd
04-26-11, 01:19 PM
Too late, I already uninstalled SH5, reinstalling now.

Lets see what happens this time.

blkdimnd
04-26-11, 02:28 PM
Well uninstalling, cleaning the registry and reinstalling seems to have fixed everything.

Thanks for all the help.

Trevally.
04-26-11, 02:34 PM
Well uninstalling, cleaning the registry and reinstalling seems to have fixed everything.

Thanks for all the help.

Glad it worked for you:yeah:

mia389
07-24-11, 06:04 PM
I am also having the problem of no tutorials showing up.

-------------------

I did a reinstall and now its working! Cant wait to try em out. Im lost with MOs targeting. Thanks for the time you put into these tutorials!

Trevally.
07-25-11, 01:35 PM
I am also having the problem of no tutorials showing up.

-------------------

I did a reinstall and now its working! Cant wait to try em out. Im lost with MOs targeting. Thanks for the time you put into these tutorials!

Thanks for letting me know Mia389:salute:

Trevally.
07-25-11, 05:19 PM
There will be problems with some tutorials if you also have OH II installed.
See this post for info http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1712998&postcount=14

I will post a new version soon:up:

Trevally.
07-30-11, 06:04 AM
Trevally Tutorials All v0.2 (for OH II full) (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3329)

As OH II full had changed the unit type of some ships this new version is required if you have OH II full installed.

If you use OH II light - then the old version will still work.

quink99
08-25-11, 08:04 PM
Trevally,

Every tutorial I taken so far, and they are all marvelous life savers, begins by saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, that if you want to return to a previous box in the tutorial scroll backwards. I can only assume that the mouse scroll wheel is how this should be done but I can't get it to work to save my life!

Any help would be appreciated.

TheDarkWraith
08-25-11, 11:12 PM
Trevally,

Every tutorial I taken so far, and they are all marvelous life savers, begins by saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, that if you want to return to a previous box in the tutorial scroll backwards. I can only assume that the mouse scroll wheel is how this should be done but I can't get it to work to save my life!

Any help would be appreciated.

scroll the box upwards to the one you want to continue from. Click the box :up:

Trevally.
09-07-11, 12:21 PM
Updated to work with OH II v1.3

see post 1:up:

BlackBass
09-18-11, 11:15 PM
I had the same trouble. here is what i found out. I had installed a new hard drive and it moved my drive letters around. The game still worked fine, mods seem to work ok also. the tutorials would not show because of the drive change. I went into regedit and found that the game was installed onto drive E the time it was installed. So i changed it in regedit to D now it works.

So if anyone else has this trouble maybe this will help them.

Trevally.
09-19-11, 11:30 AM
Thanks for posting BlackBass:salute:

Trevally.
10-07-11, 04:43 PM
@Vlad

One more note re. OHII v.1.4: tried to play the '4 bearings' training mission, but no enemy contact was spotted. The U-boat was positioned at 25 m depth at the same place for quite a long time, but neither me nor my sonarguy could hear something interesting:damn:. In main campaign with the same mod configuration the hydrophone is working correctly:hmmm:

I have just tested this and if you use the Tutorial for OHII (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3329) it should work.
Ensure you select "the four bearing" from the tutorial menu.
Then click historical missions - See post 2 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1547794&postcount=2) for more info on how to start a tutorial.

The four bearing tutorial is split into part:-
Map work (parallel lines etc)
The four bearing (demo by me on map)
The hunt (a step by step guide to T4Bearings as it happens) ***this is where a real ship will appear for you to track
Fast90 attack with real nav (using the info to possition for a fast 90)

vlad29
10-08-11, 05:21 AM
@Vlad

I have just tested this and if you use the Tutorial for OHII (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3329) it should work.
Ensure you select "the four bearing" from the tutorial menu.
Then click historical missions - See post 2 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1547794&postcount=2) for more info on how to start a tutorial.

The four bearing tutorial is split into part:-
Map work (parallel lines etc)
The four bearing (demo by me on map)
The hunt (a step by step guide to T4Bearings as it happens) ***this is where a real ship will appear for you to track
Fast90 attack with real nav (using the info to possition for a fast 90)

Thanks Trevally! The tutorial is great and it works:salute:.
I did put my question wrong last time, sorry:oops:
I ment the situation when I try just a historical '4bearings' mission to play (without tutorial), there is no any ship appears for at least 10 min:hmmm: May be I had to wait more?
The hydro (patched) is working good in main campaign, at least I can hear all the ships in the harbour and they are displayed in hydro-window

Trevally.
10-08-11, 05:59 AM
Thanks Trevally! The tutorial is great and it works:salute:.
I did put my question wrong last time, sorry:oops:
I ment the situation when I try just a historical '4bearings' mission to play (without tutorial), there is no any ship appears for at least 10 min:hmmm: May be I had to wait more?
The hydro (patched) is working good in main campaign, at least I can hear all the ships in the harbour and they are displayed in hydro-window

Hi Vlad:DL

The historical mission T4Bearings is set to fit the tutorial.
So in the tutorial - a lot of time is spent explaining how it works.
The user also has to copy map work as it goes along.
The problem I had with making the tutorial was that I had no control over how long a user would take to do these things.

For the tutorial to work - it was very important the the user was ready when the ship appeared - and this was solved by TDW.
He added a command "wait untill" - this command enabled me to give the user as long as they needed to learn the mapwork stage.

When the demo stages are over the tutorial gives a message "sync tutorial"
When this happens - I set the TC to x512 and bring the game back to TC1 when the ship arrives.
I had this set at many hours (gives lots of time for stage 1+2) before the "hunt" stage starts.

If you try the tutorial again - you will see these thing happening and you can then note the time that the ship arrives. This will let you try the mission without the tutorial and you can advance time to fit:up:

vlad29
10-08-11, 02:29 PM
Ok, I'll try to use high TC and to wait for the result:03:

Before I've being refering in my mind to Stoianm's videotutorial, where he after the mission start mooves in couple of minutes to hydrostation and detects the target-ship immediately:yep: So may be he made some cuts of his moovie or some other "producer's tricks" in order to safe time, who knows:DL

Anyway, thank you, Trevally, and do not bother with this issue anymore - not worth of it:yeah: The tutorial is working - and that's fine!

vlad29
10-08-11, 03:53 PM
Managed to catch the contact approaching after 3,5 hours of gametime since the historical mission "4 bearings" starts. So the issue is over - Trevally was right re. x512 TC needed:salute::salute::salute:

Zs4zet
11-02-11, 08:52 AM
Hi Trevally!

I like to learn from great totorals the RAOBF practice.
Starting, run, and I not found the Hog Island ship at 221 degree.

See the picture:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Zs4zet/Temp#5670387472254074450

I run these mods after the Trevally Tutorial:

Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.8
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.4
OHII v1.4 Patch2 Full
OH II Minefield map
GramophoneShuffler
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Accurate German Flags at Bismarck

I remembered so early as if would have worked. I thought that it is the problem with possible the OH2, the another mods may be harmless.
And yes... deactivate back to the OH2, and found the ship...

I read in the OH2 description, than OH2 must be the last activated mod. (Early always was that the Trevally Tutorial.)
I can activate the tutorial after the OH2, and working good both, and not problem with OH2?
Or the tutorial have incompatible with the OH2 ?

UPDATE:

I try to activate the tutorial (and another 2 Trevally mods) after the OH2 mods. Not conflict, but I not see the ship at 221 deg in the RAOBF tutorial...
Not conflict never, and after any OH2 activate not see it... why? and what I do?

Trevally.
11-02-11, 02:27 PM
Hi Zs4zet:salute:

When you use OHII - it changes some ship types from the stock way of using them. So the tutorial is written for that.

For players who use OHII - you need TerevallyTutorials for OHII
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3329

Note: the mod says for v1.3 - this means for 1.3 and above:up:

Zs4zet
11-02-11, 07:23 PM
Hi!

Thanks, your quick response!
Hmmm... now I started at 25m depth, I go under periscope depth, and there was not a ship on the water... after I go teh surface, and was not so. (If you want I can send a picture...)

My activated mods:

Accurate German Flags at Bismarck
Old Style Explosions V1.1
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.1 Patch
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ByTheDarkWraithPach_1
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Black_Ski n
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_jimimadrids_map_tools
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_New_radio_messages_German
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_No_Snorkel_Exhaust_Smoke
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_WWIIInterface_by_naights
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrator
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
IO_StrategicMap_4_5_for_TDWv680
IO_MapCourseLine_normal pencil_mod
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style
emtguf - Periscope rework V 1.7
Emtgufs Aspect ratio patch 16;9
Nauticalwolf's_Damage_and_Torpedo_UI(g)_Mod_v1.1
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt faces
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
No magic skills v1.5 MCCD compatible
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6
Advanced Shift Keys 2.3 DBSM
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Realistic Colors V2.1
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1 Patch
Dynamic Environment SH5 Atlantic Floor V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Sleet For Winter Campaigns V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Undersea (temperate and polar) V2.1
GramophoneShuffler
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
OHII v1.4 Patch2 Full
OH II Minefield map
Trevally Tutorial - All v0.2(for OHIIv1.3)
I believed it this would be a good order...

The OH2, with the new missions and ship, buoy etc. working correctly.

EDIT:

I had a idea, that I not activated the Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.8, and Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6 mods, and a ships arrived! (The starting depth was 14m).
And I try to add this files to end of list, and working too.

GramophoneShuffler
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
OHII v1.4 Patch2 Full
OH II Minefield map

Great thanks!

Zs4zet
11-03-11, 07:28 AM
Hi!

I have a another problem, sorry...
Please, see your picture:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Zs4zet/Temp#5670741002348964914

I think, the Hog Island now have bigger, and in the ERM I found the old datas. Do I believe it correctly?
I use the TDW UI 6.8 with inner ERM, I not found newer ERM version, with compatible the OH2 new ship sizes.

Thanks!

Trevally.
11-03-11, 08:58 AM
Hi!

I have a another problem, sorry...
Please, see your picture:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Zs4zet/Temp#5670741002348964914

I think, the Hog Island now have bigger, and in the ERM I found the old datas. Do I believe it correctly?
I use the TDW UI 6.8 with inner ERM, I not found newer ERM version, with compatible the OH2 new ship sizes.

Thanks!

I am sure what you are seeing here is caused by the scope mod you are using:yep:

The mast height shown in the soan is correct - lots of time was spent testing this with a great tool made by ToniloCoyote

Did you take this scope mod from the scope folder within TDWs UI:06:

If so you should try the manos scope mod as that is the one that has been tested by many people and is spot on:up: (ensure you use the patch for your screen size)

For more info on the RAOBF wheel see this thread here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=178545) where the tutorial was made, the ship sizes confirmed and the scope mods tested and corrected:DL

Zs4zet
11-03-11, 10:06 AM
Yes... really.
I'm sorrow, the Emtguf scopes was my favourite[/URL] scopes. (And TDW UI supported too, but I used a newer, reworked version.)

Very thanks for big tolerance my stupid questions, and for the great tutorial!

I am sure what you are seeing here is caused by the scope mod you are using:yep:

The mast height shown in the soan is correct - lots of time was spent testing this with a great tool made by ToniloCoyote

Did you take this scope mod from the scope folder within TDWs UI:06:

If so you should try the manos scope mod as that is the one that has been tested by many people and is spot on:up: (ensure you use the patch for your screen size)

For more info on the RAOBF wheel see this [URL="http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=178545"]thread here (http://szotar.sztaki.hu/dict_search.php?M=1&O=HUN&E=1&C=1&A=0&S=H&T=1&D=0&G=0&P=0&F=0&MR=100&orig_lang=HUN%3AENG%3AEngHunDict&orig_mode=1&orig_word=kedvenc&flash=&sid=a82e0a2eb5f41d7de0173a453aad70f0&vk=&L=ENG%3AHUN%3AEngHunDict&W=favourite) where the tutorial was made, the ship sizes confirmed and the scope mods tested and corrected:DL

Zs4zet
11-09-11, 05:38 PM
Hi Trevally!

If not problem, I write it here rather.

I run exactly than the tutorial. Now found a interesting thing. I try to start the RAOBF tutorial, and started correctly (before 4x reinstalled the tutorial and not started correctly. I beleive because I installed the Cerberus ship mods... but not. Now worked. Depth and ships correct.

I was try to capture the "bad" screen...
https://picasaweb.google.com/Zs4zet/Temp#5673124478852700546

After I exit to windows, and up to write it down onto the forum, but I started it once more.
Absolute nothing change...

I get the bad picture, when wrong the depth, and after I will not found any ships.

Please see:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Zs4zet/Temp#5673124472596086978

Edit:
I saw in the second case, the option dialog contain the Four Bearing tutorial's options. It how possible? I did the same one always. I like to start AOBF...

Update:
I am a idiot. I now see, that I not clicked the AOBF tutorial. I believed from white frame, the AOBF tutorial is default selected, and I not saw the darker background into Four Bearings tutorial.

Sorry, when I now compare the pictures, I understand what I do wrong...
Thanks!

Trevally.
11-09-11, 05:58 PM
Yes - the first image is correct :up:

You must click the mission "ROABF" and the "Type u-boat" will switch to that mission. Then start:up:

The second image shows that "RAOBF" is highlighted but not selected. The "four bearings" is selected and is wrong.

THE_MASK
12-06-11, 12:38 AM
Is there a tutorial on how to make a new tutorial ? I have no clue .

TheDarkWraith
12-06-11, 11:50 AM

No there isn't. That would be very difficult to do.

The best thing to do is look at how others (Trevally and I) have made them by looking over our files. If you need help just ask as I'm sure Trevally and I would be more than willing to assist :up:

Trevally.
12-06-11, 12:52 PM

No there isn't. That would be very difficult to do.

The best thing to do is look at how others (Trevally and I) have made them by looking over our files. If you need help just ask as I'm sure Trevally and I would be more than willing to assist :up:

Hi Sober:salute:

I am at a loose end just now with no projects on the go other than patches for OHII - so if you want, I could work with you to make new tutorials.

If not, I would be more than willing to help with anything:up:

THE_MASK
12-06-11, 02:16 PM
Cheers blokes . I will have a go and get back to you if i need help :yeah:
No worries .

Trevally.
12-06-11, 02:48 PM
Cheers blokes . I will have a go and get back to you if i need help :yeah:
No worries .

I would suggest starting with making the script display text and pictures, just to get the feel for how it works.

When I made some, I would just have TDWs readme open and a blank text doc open - then just type in some commands and test

Here is an example for a test:-

This is a .SHT file (Testing_Tutorials.SHT) in the tutorial folder

[TITLE]
Testing_Tutorials
[TITLE_END]

[DESCRIPTION]
Testing script to display text and pictures
[DESCRIPTION_END]

[UISTYLE]
SH5Enhanced
[UISTYLE_END]

[HISTORICMISSION]
Any
[HISTORICMISSION_END]

[COMMANDS]
CommandsEnabled|1|0|0|0|0|0
CommandsVisible|1|0|0|0|0|0
DisplayText|Mary had a little lamb.|0|0|0|0|10
DisplayText|whose fleece was white as snow|0|0|0|0|10
SetTutorialImage|Mary_Lamb|0|0|0|0|0
DisplayTutorialImage|1|0|0|0|0|0
SetTutorialImageSize|550|464|0|0|0|0
WaitForNext|0|0|0|0|0|0
[COMMANDS_END]

Mary_Lamb.dds image (550 x 464 - this is picture size, can be set to anything) into C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Menu\Gui\Tutorial Images

This is a .SHA file (Testing_Tutorials.SHA) in the automation folder

[AS]
Testing_Tutorials
[DESCRIPTION]
Testing script to display text and pictures
[DESCRIPTION_END]
[CATEGORY]
Tutorials
[SUBCATEGORY]
Sub
[COMMANDS]
Play_tutorial,0,0,Testing_Tutorials,0,0,0,0
[COMMANDS_END]

habib911
07-08-12, 11:16 PM
This is really helpful for people like me who want to learn how to play like the experts but don't know where to start, thanks:up:

Piacesi
10-04-12, 05:25 PM
TO INSTALL WE NEED THIS ''TDWs UI''. BUT WHAT IS THAT?? PLS GET A LINK TO i DOWNLOAD!!!! OR I CANT INSTALL...

:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!! :dead::dead:

Targor Avelany
10-04-12, 05:33 PM
TO INSTALL WE NEED THIS ''TDWs UI''. BUT WHAT IS THAT?? PLS GET A LINK TO i DOWNLOAD!!!! OR I CANT INSTALL...

:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!! :dead::dead:

On the same page....

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093

Piacesi
10-05-12, 11:56 AM
On the same page....

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093

how is the page of last update? i need download the first and download the last update? and THANKS MEN SO MUCH :salute:

flostt
10-05-12, 04:15 PM
download version 7.1.0 at the bottom of the first thread

hunterkiller310
10-27-12, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the tutorials they have helped me a lot but I have one issue. When doing the four bearings tutorial if I want to go back and look at one the drawings it doesn't show up? I simply scroll back but the image does not appear. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

Trevally.
10-27-12, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the tutorials they have helped me a lot but I have one issue. When doing the four bearings tutorial if I want to go back and look at one the drawings it doesn't show up? I simply scroll back but the image does not appear. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

Thanks Hunter:salute:

If you scroll back past the stage with the picture - does it show going forward after that:06:

hunterkiller310
10-27-12, 02:23 PM
Yes. If I go back and hit next it will go to the next slide and go to the next drawing.

Trevally.
10-27-12, 02:29 PM
:yeah:

hunterkiller310
10-27-12, 02:39 PM
I ment no sry read your reply wrong. If I go back a slide to see a picture it wont show then if I hit next the old picture still does not show and the automation will go past the slide I was on before I scrolled back.

Trevally.
10-27-12, 02:44 PM
Ah ok:wah:

Sorry there is not much I can do as the tutorials run on TDWs automation script engine and onlt he can fix this:arrgh!:

hunterkiller310
10-27-12, 02:45 PM
Ok thanks

Trevally.
01-17-13, 02:30 PM
I am sat here looking at an empty note pad page:D

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4305/69901281.jpg

Thinking I may write a new tutorial:hmmm::hmm2:

:ping:Suggestions anyone:ping:

gap
01-17-13, 02:51 PM
I am sat here looking at an empty note pad page:D

Thinking I may write a new tutorial:hmmm::hmm2:

:ping:Suggestions anyone:ping:

Seems someone is suffering the infamous blank page syndrome here :D

what about a tutorial on plotting an intercept course following this method (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=197846&postcount=1)? ;)

sandrini
06-02-13, 08:33 AM
Have one question reg. the four bearing tutorial.

Played it now like 10 times - the first bearing is o.k. , 2nd as well.
3rd bearing is fine as well.

However than I get around 210 deg. course for the enemy targer (instead of 206 like its mentioned in the tutorial).

Also if my boat turns to 180 deg. after the 2nd bearing im not moving like 9250 km (mentioned in the tutorial) - im traveling like 9600 km and not only 180 deg. (if I check my position i moved like 170 deg for 9600km).

I played this tutorial now as i wrote for 10 times or even more. Always the same issue :o

Trevally.
06-02-13, 08:47 AM
Hi sandrini:salute:

Can you post some screenshots explaining where it is going wrong for you so I can see what is happening:up:

sandrini
06-02-13, 09:52 AM
@Trevally

i dont get it - while taking pictures now I get the right position.

Now after playing the tut for the 15x.

:arrgh!:

Will doublecheck again later. Just get 204 deg now instead of 210 as before. so near to 206 as mentioned in the tut.

Sjizzle
06-02-13, 11:10 AM
trevally would be nice to make a multimple trageting tutorial for beginers. i have 1 video and 1 pdf tutorial but i need to re read all and corect the gramma mistake and i must edit the video :)

sandrini
06-02-13, 12:35 PM
Have also one additional question.

In the tutorial i have contact spotted. However the radio man doesnt show me any spotted contact so far. - He is doing this but later in the turorial. So not at the beginning - is this normal ?

Sjizzle
06-02-13, 12:40 PM
if u play the tutorial with realism 100% and with real navigation than it's normal ....

sandrini
06-02-13, 02:23 PM
yes I play so ! perfect ! good to know - thank so everythink is fine now.

Delta Wolf
06-02-13, 05:15 PM
Hey Trevally,

I wanted to give your Tutorials a go but i'm getting a strange error see below

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y443/TiberiusXIV/SH5Img2013-06-02_230515_zps277c2d89.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/TiberiusXIV/media/SH5Img2013-06-02_230515_zps277c2d89.png.html)

I have removed your Tutorial Mod deleted it and downloaded another copy....
but still the same issue, Any idea what it might be?

I have no other issues in game currently, here are my current Mod list

[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_94_0
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
Wordeees' Actual Footage Menu
Accurate German Flags
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
Fix SteelViking-HotSoup-WaterDrips
Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior
silentmichals interior mod 1.2.1
DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 3.b Enhanced Visibility (high)
DynEnv v2.9 - 4.a Camera Filters - Realistic Colors
DynEnv v2.9 - 5.b Ambient Settings - No Murky Waters
DynEnv v2.9 - 6. Sleet for Winter Campaigns
DynEnv v2.9 - 8.a Wave Mechanics - Breeze
DynEnv v2.9 - 10.I Seafloor (high resolution)
DynEnv v2.9 - 11.a.I Sea Plants - Atlantic Kelp Forests (high resolution)
DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds
sobers best ever fog V22 SH5
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_ byTheBeast
AI_sub_crew_1_0_2_TheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_21_ByTheDarkWraith
New Torpedoes Explosion - FX Update add-on
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional louder engine sounds
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional scary creaks
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6
Stormys_DBSM_additional_creaks_and_noises_1.0
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_New_radio_messages_German
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_jimimadrids_map_tools
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Black_Ski n
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_WWIIInterface_by_naights
Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.2 - Option Two
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
gap - HD 1 deg Scope Bearing v 1.0
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith_Patch_1
SubFlags_0_0_8_byTheDarkWraith
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2.2
TDW Round Fire Button v11 by Torpedo
SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.11
SH5Lifeboat_Wooden ver. 0.2
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Kriegsmarine Regular Style
stoianm pitch&roll for SH5 V1 (low)
Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC_SH5_v120
Change days in bunker
MyKey
Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part1_27.05.2013
SH5 Longer Repairs v.1

I'm going to install the new version of the New UI's but i'm just waiting for this patrol to finish for a bunker save. :arrgh!:

Trevally.
06-03-13, 06:45 AM
hi TiberiusXIV:salute:

When writting tutorials for TDWs automation scripts - I write them using the SH5 UI style (this only matters for some tutorials). SO if you have another style of UI - the tutorial may not work.

Corrupt files will happen when there is an error with just one. This will then effect them all.
When you mouse over the other tutorials - are there more that have error warnings:06:

Delta Wolf
06-03-13, 07:58 AM
hi TiberiusXIV:salute:

When writting tutorials for TDWs automation scripts - I write them using the SH5 UI style (this only matters for some tutorials). SO if you have another style of UI - the tutorial may not work.

Corrupt files will happen when there is an error with just one. This will then effect them all.
When you mouse over the other tutorials - are there more that have error warnings:06:

Hey Trevally :salute:

Ahh, i understand now with regard to the UI style and that it will not work with the SH3 UI style i have.

Some of the other Tutorials work and they are great to play especially to a new player like myself. I'm going to change UI style back to SH5 just to run the rest of the Tutorials and change back to SH3 UI after.

Great job on the Tutorials really enjoying them :yeah:

Mehring1917
08-10-13, 05:25 AM
Hi, thanks Trevally, you have succeeded, at least in part, where all my maths teachers failed. I can now follow a procedure in trig... but I still don't get the right result.

Using your four bearings tutorial I have checked, double and triple checked every stage of 'The Hunt'. My three bearings are all plotted to within a tenth of a degree of 56, 61 and 68 degrees. The compass parallel lines from bearings one and three are good and cross bearing 2 at the same place. It all goes wrong when I draw the line through the intersections. Your tutorial states 'as you see the ships true bearing is 206 degrees'. Not on my map, I'm afraid. I'm consistently getting 198 degrees. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Kalthios
10-11-13, 04:37 PM
I can't select the tutorials from the tutorial list. When I mouse-over them I cannot click them and the tooltip says "Corrupt Automation File".

I read in up above this reply something about an error from having a different UI? Sorry, this is probably some obvious thing I am missing as I am a newb.

I used JSGME.exe to load the mods. Here is my modlist(I used sober's mega mod but omitted most of the visual mods:

Accurate German Flags
SH5_7A_Conning_Fix
SH5 Longer Repairs v.1
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_Real_Navigation
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_RadCapTools_0_2_alpha
Submarine's .sim&cfg
Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part1_27.05.2013
IRAI_0_0_39_Inertia_Damage
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible
Depth Charge Fix Reduced Explosion Range
Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
sobers green crew training V4 SH5
R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage v5.3 by vdr1981
RPM Hydrophon Charts English
RPM Hydrophone v2.2.1
Expanded Navies by Cybermat47 v.1.0.01
smaller flags for Warships 1_0b
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v3.1
Trevally TDC Help v2
AOB slide ruller for TDW UIs and MO by stoianm

plj
10-15-13, 04:00 PM
I can't select the tutorials from the tutorial list. When I mouse-over them I cannot click them and the tooltip says "Corrupt Automation File".

Same here, I think they are not compatible with the NewUI test version we are using. Try http://www.youtube.com/user/stoianm1/videos for video tutorials of stoianm playing through most of them. Very watchable.

gap
10-15-13, 05:54 PM

It is likely that one of the script libraries you are using is not up-to-date with the latest New UI's version. If a script is "broken", it will prevent other scripts from working. To track down the cuplrit of your problem, try disabling the following mods and reenable them one by one:

Trevally TDC Help v2

When you eventually discover which one(s) of them is/are outdates, drop a line to Trevally asking him for an update :up:

Trevally.
10-16-13, 03:38 AM
I have tested the tutorials with TDWs UI (v7.4) and all is working well.
I think plj is on the right track that the test version (v7.5) is not reading the tutorial scripts (I am guessing here)

So anyone with issues using tutorials - please use v 7.4

To test the 7.5 issue - load TDW UI 7.5test only and select one of his tutorials that are included within his UI - that will let you and me know if the above reason is correct:up:

Mikemike47
10-16-13, 11:12 AM
To test the 7.5 issue - load TDW UI 7.5test only and select one of his tutorials that are included within his UI - that will let you and me know if the above reason is correct:up:

For clarity and test purposes, and we are all on the same page, please mention the test version. Perhaps different test versions for New UIs v 7.5 make a difference, I do not know.

I am just stating a fact here, I am using New UIs for TDC v7.5 test version 12. I am not using the tutorials at the moment so I won't add any confusion to the mix.

plj
10-20-13, 04:28 PM
So yeah ... could someone please explain this ?

Mission: RAOBF tutorial mission

Target data:

Range: 1080m
Bearing: 221
AOB: 51
Speed: 0kts

Result: not even close, see attached jpg's. Notice settings, and verify with RAOBF wheel .. AOB is right for given ship length. AOB should be irrelevant tho, as speed is 0. Bearing is deffinately 221 .. unless I'm starting to become blind. Own course is 0.

If I try a ship at bearing 280, all is fine ..... if I use my aft tube, solution works as well .. any ideas ?

Trevally.
10-20-13, 04:47 PM
So yeah ... could someone please explain this ?

Mission: RAOBF tutorial mission

Target data:

Range: 1080m
Bearing: 221
AOB: 51
Speed: 0kts

Result: not even close, see attached jpg's. Notice settings, and verify with RAOBF wheel .. AOB is right for given ship length. AOB should be irrelevant tho, as speed is 0. Bearing is deffinately 221 .. unless I'm starting to become blind. Own course is 0.

If your are heading north and the ship is bearing 221 (behind you) - try using the stern tube:up:
Everything else looks good:)

plj
10-20-13, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I just noticed :rotfl2:

Any way to make this work with the forward tubes as well ? (not that there is a good reason too, just for theory's sake :p)

plj
10-20-13, 05:15 PM
Any reason I'm on CTD 4 now, loading RAOBF for the 7th time or so ? I went back to NewUI's 7.4.2 from 7.5.0 test 12 .. which did not allow to play tutorials due to automations cript not being compatible .. now it loads .. sometimes :/

Accurate German Flags
sobers game loading tips V8 SH5
DBM Background Video
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX
Messervy_s_gramophone_pack1
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior
Fix clock rear torpedo room VIIA
Depth Charge Range Fix
sobers multi color mod V5
DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 4.a Camera Filters - Realistic Colors
DynEnv v2.9 - 5.e Ambient Settings - Brighter Nights-No Murky Waters
DynEnv v2.9 - 9. Sobers Best Ever Tweaks
DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds
DynEnv v2.9 - Breakwater Piers
DynEnv v2.9 - No Glaring Sunlight
DynEnv v2.9 - No Underwater Impurity Patch
DynEnv v2.9 - No U-Mark
Small_trees_SH5_V1
sobers smoke screen V1 SH5 (DynEnv compatible)
sobers water splash anim SH5
sobers best ever fog V22 SH5
sobers base sky mechanics V1
sobers better terrain v3 SH5
sobers waves mod V12 27032013
sobers more trees SH5
Window Lights Redone V1
New Torpedo Door Sound Mix
Pascal-sh5-Crew-Uniforms 06.2012
SH5_7A_Conning_Fix
SteelViking's Bunker Fixes V1.0
German U-Boat Hydrophone SFX
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
FX Update 0.0.22 Torpedoes - MagDet range 3m (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
NewUIs TDC 7.4.2 ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs TDC 7.4.2 alt officer wounded by Torpedo
NewUIs TDC 7.4.2 Real Navigation
NewUIs TDC 7.4.2 jimimadrids map tools
NewUIs TDC 7.4.2 RadCapTools 0.2 alpha
Sjizzles - Charts for NewUIs part1_07.06.2013
Sjizzles - Charts for NewUIs part 2_07.06.2013
Sjizzles - Charts for NewUIs part 3_24.06.2013
Sjizzles - Charts for NewUIs part 4_20.07.2013
Submarine's .sim&cfg (modified for engine ratio + independent control patches)
gap - armaments & equipments patch v 0.2
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible
silentmichal's interior mod 1.2.3
Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.2 - Option One
Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0
Flower_Class_Corvette_Pack
Soldati Fix
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.1.0
Expanded Navies by Cybermat47 v.1.0.01
smaller flags for Warships 1_0b
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.2 - ORP Gryf and HMS Rocket no reflection patch
Sobers Terrain fix for OH2 V2.2
OH II Minefield map for TDWs Ui
IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750
RPM Hydrophone v2.2.1
R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage v5.4 by vdr1981
R.S.D._R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (no hyd on surface)
SH5Lifeboats by Rongel TDW stoianm v2.1
SH5Lifeboat Wooden ver. 0.2
SkyBaron's Bold SFX for SH5 1.0
SkyBaron's Leigh Light for SH5 1.1
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
MFCMCCDLite
Speech fixes and additions (english version)
sobers green crew training V4 SH5
TDW FX Fix for Sobers chimney smoke
sobers Lights Cfg V5 SH5
Krauters Automated Scripts (v5_0_0 compatible)
Trevally TDC Help v2
MadMaxs_SH5_Subdiesel (mono) v2
gap - Sonar Sound Collection v 1.0 for SH5 - Distorted
sobers no footstep sound mod
sobers Realistic contrast V6 SH5
AOB slide ruller for TDW UIs and MO by stoianm
sobers deck crew always whispering v2 SH5
sobers hud sounds V1 SH5
Reworked U-boat Guns (incomplete version)
sobers Depth of Field (DOF) V6 SH5
sobers map colors SH5 V1
Shadow Improvement ModLR
SH5 External Cargo 1.0
Water reflections intensity decrease with fog by TheDarkWraith
TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_149_0

Trevally.
10-20-13, 05:20 PM
Any way to make this work with the forward tubes as well ? (not that there is a good reason too, just for theory's sake :p)

No - not really
The further away from a zero gyroangle - the more chance of a miss.
This is due to how the torp first turns (turning radius) the more the torp has to turn - the more precise the range must be.

So turn you boat to target for a higher % chance hit

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/FiringGeometry.png

Trevally.
10-20-13, 05:22 PM
Any reason I'm on CTD 4 now, loading RAOBF for the 7th time or so ? I went back to NewUI's 7.4.2 from 7.5.0 test 12 .. which did not allow to play tutorials due to automations cript not being compatible .. now it loads .. sometimes :/

Sorry - that mod list just runs in front of my eyes:doh:

Try UI and tutorials only no ctds:up:

plj
10-21-13, 05:13 AM
grinn .. it's *just* sober's list with a little extra audio and a few more DynEnv mods ;)

I'm about to drop NewUI completely, see what that does for my game.

Trevally.
10-21-13, 05:45 AM
grinn .. it's *just* sober's list with a little extra audio and a few more DynEnv mods ;)

I'm about to drop NewUI completely, see what that does for my game.

Sobers list (and any other large tested list) is exact. There is huge scope for a list like that to go wrong.
I would even go as far as to say that if you use Sobers list you must follow it to the letter - even the gameplay options (TC restricted to 512 etc)

If users don't do this and then come across problems - they call it Sobers list, but it is not.
Even the smallest change will cause ctd:yep:

So - to drop TDWs UI would in my view be a mistake - that one mod offers so much. You would be far better off getting rid of all those small mods in your list - thus less will be lost.

you should try a smaller list with the bigger mods that have been worked on for many years and will work together if order of install is followed (oldest first)

:arrgh!:

plj
10-21-13, 06:03 AM
Sobers list (and any other large tested list) is exact. There is huge scope for a list like that to go wrong.
I would even go as far as to say that if you use Sobers list you must follow it to the letter - even the gameplay options (TC restricted to 512 etc)
I do ;) I just added SFX and a few mods that do not conflict. (Checked with JSGME and red up on documentation)

If users don't do this and then come across problems - they call it Sobers list, but it is not.
Even the smallest change will cause ctd:yep: My game was a copy of that list at a point .. no change in CTD's. Including each and every option that was mentioned.

So - to drop TDWs UI would in my view be a mistake - that one mod offers so much. You would be far better off getting rid of all those small mods in your list - thus less will be lost.
I should, for fun and commenting, bombard you with the diffrent mep files I have here tring to isolate the problem as being one of those .. I'd love to ..

you should try a smaller list with the bigger mods that have been worked on for many years and will work together if order of install is followed (oldest first)

I did .. check CTD hunt topic, minimal list. The only consistent thing has been NewUI.

Farbaute
12-06-13, 09:30 PM
I've installed the tutorial via JSGME after I installed TDW's UI, I didn't any overwrite warnings and when I start the game, the main menu doesn't show tutorials anywhere, I don't know what might have gone wrong here :(

Trevally.
12-07-13, 06:17 AM
I've installed the tutorial via JSGME after I installed TDW's UI, I didn't any overwrite warnings and when I start the game, the main menu doesn't show tutorials anywhere, I don't know what might have gone wrong here :(

Sounds like TDW's UI is not installed correctly
Uninstall it and check the folder structure
the folder "data" MUST be the first subfolder for every mod
TDW packs his mods in many folders - so look for the data one, back up one level and paste that folder into your MODS folder

:up:

Farbaute
12-08-13, 12:30 PM
I couldn't figure it out, so I tried with OHII and the OHII tutorial version instead, but still no tutorial ot the main menu :(

Trevally.
12-09-13, 08:11 AM
Yes - your problem in that TDWs UI is not installed correctly
you need to fix this first

check where the data folder is:yep:

Mikemike47
12-09-13, 01:32 PM
Yes - your problem in that TDWs UI is not installed correctly
you need to fix this first

check where the data folder is:yep:

Please do what Trevally suggests. Click on my signature link below and go to post #3. There it talks about the data folder and double/multiple folders, etc.

Farbaute
12-12-13, 04:38 PM
Does this look right to you have I done something wrong (I haven't reinstalled the mods yet, just extracted them)

http://cdn.blackmarket.dk/galleryimages/1197/480022766.JPG

Trevally.
12-12-13, 04:48 PM
Yes - that is wrong and is the cause of your issue.
Remove that whole folder from your MODS folder (use jsgme to uninstall it first)
then place this marked folder in your MODS folder and install with jsgme

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1217/roxm.jpg

tirta
05-10-14, 08:53 PM
Hi Trevally,
I am new to modding sh5 and I find your tutorial here are invaluable.
Thank you very much for doing it.
However, when playing the tutorial, I get random CTD quite often.
I have tried Basic Sub Maneuvering, Activate Stations and Automation and I have get CTD about 5 or 6 times.

These are my mods:
1. TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_164_0
2. NewUIs_TD_7_4_2_TheDarkWraith
3. Open Horizon II v2.5
4. Trevally Tutorial - All v0.2(for OHIIv1.3)

What did I do wrong?
Please advise.

THE_MASK
05-10-14, 09:06 PM
Hi Trevally,
I am new to modding sh5 and I find your tutorial here are invaluable.
Thank you very much for doing it.
However, when playing the tutorial, I get random CTD quite often.
I have tried Basic Sub Maneuvering, Activate Stations and Automation and I have get CTD about 5 or 6 times.

These are my mods:
1. TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_164_0
2. NewUIs_TD_7_4_2_TheDarkWraith
3. Open Horizon II v2.5
4. Trevally Tutorial - All v0.2(for OHIIv1.3)

What did I do wrong?
Please advise.What have you enabled in the patcher .

tirta
05-10-14, 11:57 PM
Thanks sober for the reply.
I have not enabled anything within the patch, should I?

Are my steps correct?
Do I need to activate the patch first before jsgme or after?

FrostyCore
05-12-14, 01:26 AM
I'm having a small issue, when trying the manTDC torp tutorial I get stuck on the enable TDC part as I can't actually see the TDC.

I see the orange box zoom in, onto nothing.. Very weird.

Mod list

http://i.imgur.com/1uZojmS.png

Trevally.
05-12-14, 11:52 AM
I'm having a small issue, when trying the manTDC torp tutorial I get stuck on the enable TDC part as I can't actually see the TDC.

I see the orange box zoom in, onto nothing.. Very weird.

Hi Frosty:salute:

It could be that you have the TDC set to fade out or not show at all with the options editor for TDWs UI.

Can you take a screen shot of what you are seeing?

THEBERBSTER
05-12-14, 07:20 PM
Stormy's mods do not work well with OH II and TDW NewUI

You have also got a lot of torpedo stuff going on.

You have a torpedo patch that is being over written.

You are missing the patch for 7-5-0

FrostyCore
05-18-14, 06:14 AM
Thanks all,

I've redone my mods, using Sobers list now and its all working ok.

So no DBSM for OH2? Thats a shame, I really like that mod..

kenga
05-18-14, 10:13 AM
Thanks all,

I've redone my mods, using Sobers list now and its all working ok.

So no DBSM for OH2? Thats a shame, I really like that mod..

I too use Sobers list, including OH2.5
I added DBSM in the my list
Here example (fragment)

MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3
Speech fixes and additions (german version) only sound
Water reflections intensity varied by available sunlight by TheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes - MagDet range 3m (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
FXU_0_0_22_Ship zon Files
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith_v17

Everything works perfectly. I think, to you it will help. :yeah:
Sorry for my imperfect English.

tirta
05-19-14, 02:04 AM
I always get CTD playing Trevally tutorial: manual tdc 01 90 deg.

What is the minimum required mods for it?

Here are my mods:

[G:\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith

And about the TDW generic patcher, I have tried disabled everthing, enabled only torpedo fix, enabled almost everything, but no matter what, I still get CTD

Please let me know what is wrong here.
Thanks.