PDA

View Full Version : Aaaalllaaaarrrrmmmm!!!!!!!!!

chris196347
12-02-10, 06:57 AM
On the video to SH5 you see the capt shout BATTLESTATIONS! on SH3 there is a mod where they shout arlarm but on SH5 nothing is there a more realistic mod out there for SH5 that does this please:damn::damn::damn:

Trevally.
12-02-10, 09:12 AM
Check out this thread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174063

raymond6751
12-04-10, 06:59 PM
With SH4 I created a better effect for ship sighted by editing the sound files myself. I found the action stations alarm and melded it with the ship spotted sound.

In SH5, these files: Ship_Alarm_EXT.wav, Submarine_GQ_battle_stations_INT.wav.
are that sound. I have not been able to find out how to call a .wav file in SH5 yet.

If you have a .ogg file editing program and a .wav to .ogg converter, you could convert and combine to create a similar effect to my SH4 sound. You would find the .ogg file that 'says' Action Stations or ship spotted.

I might give that a try myself, for my own use.

Rongel
01-05-11, 11:15 AM
Alllaarrrmm!

Ha, found how to put a real sound effect when you use the Battle Stations- shortcut (F7)! Okay, it's not a perfect solution but it is something:

In the SH5/data/cfg/commands.cfg search cmd576.

[Cmd576]
Name=Ability_3
Contexts=1
Key0=0x76,,"F7"

Then just add the sound effect to the end:

Sound_0=ELO_Helm,MC_CR_SO_01_A;
Sound_1=ELO_Helm,MC_CR_SO_01_B;
Sound_2=ELO_Helm,MC_CR_SO_03;

The bad news is that when you click the F7 again to make "battle stations" go away, you will hear the same sound. Of course you can walk to the guy with the eye patch and tell him to disable the alarm. Then you will have the right audio. And if you want the Aaaalllaaaarmmmm!!-shout, you can take the sound clip from the previous SH games. This is the only way that I know how to put sound to this command, maybe someone can do it better!

Rongel
01-06-11, 12:14 PM
Hi, does somebody know something about sound modding!? :oops::damn:

I'm been trying to edit and add some drama to this sound "Helm,MC_CR_SO_01_A.ogg" which is the sound for the activate battle stations dialogue when you go talk to the Executive Officer.

This is making me crazy! My new boosted up version works beatifully (I attached it to the F7-Alarm shortcut) when I'm up in the deck, but when I go down, I can't hear the sound! I can see the Chief moving his lips but no sound. I changed the ogg file to wav and edited it and changed it back to ogg again. All the bitrates and codecs should be right but no sound! I tried using the unedited version of the "Helm,MC_CR_SO_01_A.ogg" and it works well both inside and outside of the sub, but when I edited it, it only works outside.

What does this mean?! Is it just some audio mod soup thing or something else? I tried to disable all the other audio mods, but it didn't help. I really don't know these things so well so that if you can offer just a tiny bit of knowledge, it helps! :)

Okay, things have cleared a bit already. It seems that SH doesn't like my converted files. I tried using ogg-files from SH4 speechpacks and they worked fine. So my question is how to edit ogg-files so that the game still accepts them? What are the specifications, mono-stereo, bitrate, codecs, how do you do it?

TheDarkWraith
01-06-11, 01:31 PM
I've found that all sound files must be mono

arnahud2
01-07-11, 08:14 AM
I've found that all sound files must be mono

Like SH3's and SH4's .wav sounds.

Rongel
01-07-11, 08:46 AM
Yes, thanks! It was a bit complicated to create mono ogg-files but now thanks to the great Audacity it finally worked!

I'm making this Battlestations-sound mod, at least now for my own use, but if it works well I could upload it somewhere for others too.

The point is to simply change the two on/off Hud-clicks to atmospheric sound clips. So if you activate any ability (silent running, special meal, battle stations, man the flak guns and so on...) no more clicks, but a nice variety of alerted shoutings, footsteps, and orders. And when ability is expired or turned off, different sound clip will start (more relaxed, telling that situation is over).

It will also add extra sounds to the shortcut ability keys, like massive Alarm! -shout when battle stations are called (F7). The bad thing is that I don't know how to make off-sounds to the shortcuts! So the same sound will begin again. It doesn't matter with most of the skills (their sounds are netraul) but with Alarm! it's bit annoying. The only solution is to tell Executive Officer to disable battle stations manually. This might not be for everyone, but I like it already!:DL

raymond6751
01-08-11, 05:08 AM
Good work.

Sounds are so important to immersion. In fact, lack of sound for things that should be important can kill the feeling.

I've often thought the guys in my sub were all on dope, since they seldom got excited.

Spotting an airplane, for instance, sounds like a casual remark!

Looking forward to hearing your results. Catchy name for it, remember.
:yeah: