PDA

View Full Version : Campaign deadlines

robbythesub
11-26-10, 03:53 AM
A question relating to the time deadlines given before starting a mission within the campaign.
I have yet to get past the Norwegian part of the Total Germany part of the game since I always seem to go past the last time deadline without achieving the set task, so my question is, if you dont achive, do you need to restart the whole campaign again?

I got past the recon mission in Trondheim, then went on the next mission to sink 5 ships or a capital ship north of Norway but failed this as I could not find any in the set time, and now no mission is offered to me at all after next returning to base?

This has happened twice so I wondered if it is a glitch or simply failure on my part?

Zedi
11-26-10, 11:13 AM
Dont worry, the campaign end at July 1 .. or something, no matter you fail or win. The only difference is the campaign ending screen and what you expect to see written there.. ur a looser or a hero :D

robbythesub
11-26-10, 05:10 PM
Ok thanks, so what happens if you fail to achieve the mission directive- can you still move on to the next part of the campaign?

gvogt12000
11-29-10, 09:42 PM
The campaign supposely adjusts. In the 1st group I only sunk 50T of Eastern Merchants and 100T of Western approaches. Didn't complete the blockage nor successful sink the Battleship in the Norway campaign. It let me move on to Happy Times. I had to do two patrols without any objectives in May 1940 after the 2nd patrol it moved me on in the campaign.

robbythesub
11-30-10, 03:14 AM
Ah right, well thats the question I was asking- I have reached the point of around April 1940 where I did not achive the requirements, and was the told to return to base which I did (after sinking 3 ships off the Scottish east coast).
However when I went to move on in port no missions were available so at that point I put this question up.

So if you start a mission without any set objectives, you get asked 'do you really want to start a mission without an objective'? (or similar), and at this point I assume you say yes and go out on a patrol anywhere you like?
At what point do you consider returning to base in order to move on again?

:timeout:

gvogt12000
12-04-10, 03:50 PM
Say Yes and go on Patrol. If the date is June 1940 clear the bunker and hit the button to return to base. It should move you to Happy Times with new selections. Before June 1940 head for the East coast and sink some more ships and return to base.

robbythesub
12-05-10, 11:35 AM
Thanks- I did that and got onto Happy Times at last!! :yeah: