PDA

View Full Version : Most Afghans in southern states 'clueless' about 9/11

Diopos
11-20-10, 03:55 AM
Link (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5j0hBuhrXJdMlBxpZHezAvXD77ljw?docId=CNG.3874f e993b30def2624b5d5207efd481.771)

We need to explain to the Afghan people why we are here and both show and convince them that their future is better with us than with the Taliban," ICOS president Norine MacDonald said in a statement.

Now?

:hmmm:

:damn:

Skybird
11-20-10, 05:15 AM
"according to a new survey"..??? :haha: :har: On what distant planet is ICOS living? I hope far away indeed. That way their competence cannot do damage here.

Platapus
11-20-10, 09:11 AM
Lemme see if I got this straight

So we have invaded a country; declared "war" against them; and are killing people who not only had nothing to do with the 911 attacks but evidently, if this article is true, in those two provinces, are unaware they even happened.

I wonder if there is a way to verify the accuracy of this article? As we fully know in the US, "studies" and "surveys" can say anything you want them to say.

If it is true, it must suck to have your family killed in retaliation for an attack you were not even aware of.

krashkart
11-20-10, 09:24 AM
[...] it must suck to have your family killed in retaliation for an attack you were not even aware of.

That brings a question to mind:

How many of us knew on 9/11 why we were being attacked? I didn't, and I still don't fully comprehend why.

TLAM Strike
11-20-10, 09:27 AM
Considering that TV, Radio, Internet, and non-religious books were banned in Afghanistan its not surprising they don't know about 9/11.

SteamWake
11-20-10, 09:27 AM
Strange I dont recall declaring war against a country.

ReFaN
11-20-10, 09:28 AM

How many of us knew on 9/11 why we were being attacked? I didn't, and I still don't fully comprehend why.

Think it was because of the US presence in Saudi Arabia, and the sanctions against Iraq, Not fully sure tho.

krashkart
11-20-10, 09:32 AM
Considering that TV, Radio, Internet, and non-religious books were banned in Afghanistan its not surprising they don't know about 9/11.

That's a very good point. The less people know the easier they are to control. :-?

Capt Sinbad
11-20-10, 09:33 AM
Think it was because of the US presence in Saudi Arabia, and the sanctions against Iraq, Not fully sure tho.

I will add 2 more to that list

Western Foreign Policy in particular the US
The Palestinian Question

Skybird
11-20-10, 09:54 AM
Consider the Palestinian "question" being solved, and 9/11 still would have been carried out. The Palestinian issue is massievly overestimated by Western politicians - it is not even half as dearly to the Arab heart as Westerners assume it is. Israelis are not paying much attention to it anymore, and worry for different things. Arabs dislike Palestinians in general, and abuse them for opportunistic propaganda coups only when they expect to have a benefit from banging that drum again. And the Palestinians themselves have repatedly done their best to give themselves a bad name in the Arab world.

While Western policies most likely helped to strenghten motivation of Islamic terror, they are not needed for jihad to strike at thew West. That the West is not Islamic, and that Muslim regimes are corrupt and their elites not true in their following of Quranic rules - that is the motivation of jihad, and is reason enough for jihad to strike.

Enforcing the rule of Islam is the goal of Islam, and is mandatory. It is the way Muhammad behaved in hius life, carried over to the following centuries, and ultimately to the present. Islam is CONQUEST and SUBJUGATION.

MH
11-20-10, 11:57 AM
Well said Skybird.
From Islamic point of view west is poisoning and corrupting Muslim culture because they totally contradict each other at current form.
Israel is seen as island of that culture in Arab/Muslim world.
There is also big conflict with in Muslim world between suni an shi'its Muslim-call it Iranian islam vs Saudi islam.
Compered to this ,Palestinian Israeli conflict is just a background noise.
I belive countries like Egypt (which fight radical islam)or even Saudi Arabia would be happy to find a good reason to aline it self with Israel and US for that matter even.if its contradicts their basic ideology.
While Suni and shi'its fight each other for influence in arab world the extremists on both sides are against West.

Buddahaid
11-20-10, 12:36 PM
If only the Ottoman Empire still existed....

Diopos
11-20-10, 01:20 PM
If only the Ottoman Empire still existed....

In behalf of its christian and al least some of its arab former subjects I must say good ridance. Missing out the Renaissance, "Rule of Law" statehood - civil rights and the industrial revolution was too much! In the end The Empire was a Dinosaur. Atatürk knew it!

TFatseas
11-20-10, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I don't believe that.

Platapus
11-20-10, 06:14 PM
Lemme see if I got this straight

So we have invaded a country; declared "war" against them; and are killing people who not only had nothing to do with the 911 attacks but evidently, if this article is true, in those two provinces, are unaware they even happened.

I wonder if there is a way to verify the accuracy of this article? As we fully know in the US, "studies" and "surveys" can say anything you want them to say.

If it is true, it must suck to have your family killed in retaliation for an attack you were not even aware of.

I had thought of that parallel also. Makes you kinda think about stuff.

Two groups of people being attacked in retaliation of an attack they did not know of and had no participation in.

And the circle continues.....