PDA

View Full Version : Darkwraith Multiple UI problem

milky
11-17-10, 12:05 AM
Cant get it to work!

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9145/mods.png

It worked fine before , but im not sure what mod is messing with it , an you please lead me in the right direction any ideas? All those mods i really enjoy!

THE_MASK
11-17-10, 12:11 AM
What is happening ?

milky
11-17-10, 12:14 AM
Nothing , thats the problem , just wont turn on. cant see the crew icons or the fuel guage or anything :/

It was working fine unitl i installed the 5.0.1 version of it actually . But im not sure if tis that version because i installed the FX MOD as well by Dark , ill try and disable it

Nope , still no luck , ill try and reinstall the mod

milky
11-17-10, 12:32 AM
I see what i did. I forgot to take the mod out from inside the MOD folder , and put it into my SH5 MOD folder. Noob move. I just activated the enitre mod folder through JSGM without activating the actual UI mod :)

THE_MASK
11-17-10, 12:36 AM
done it about a 1000 times LOL .

milky
11-17-10, 12:37 AM
I still need help however , now how do i apply this patch to the UI. Im in the App migrater in the data app folder in the UI mod. Not sure what to do , doesnt say much about it in his post. I dont think

Also , the UI mod has the english text. I just put the english text into the mod enabler , and it changed everything to english thank god.

Every time i try and open the old PY file , nothing opens , i dont get an option to choose the new file from under the file menu even wehn i click open the py file , hmm

TheDarkWraith
11-17-10, 12:43 AM
I still need help however , now how do i apply this patch to the UI. Im in the App migrater in the data app folder in the UI mod. Not sure what to do , doesnt say much about it in his post. I dont think

Also , the UI mod has the english text. I just put the english text into the mod enabler , and it changed everything to english thank god.

Every time i try and open the old PY file , nothing opens , i dont get an option to choose the new file from under the file menu even wehn i click open the py file , hmm

see here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1530147&postcount=4876

To install the patch you take the MODS folder from the patch and copy it to your \Silent Hunter 5 folder (thus overwriting all files it needs to overwrite). Options migrater app is only for when you are upgrading to a new full version of the mod and you want to preserve your previous option settings in the new version.

milky
11-17-10, 12:47 AM
Awesome! Thanks dark and sober , time to get to blowing stuff up before bed! :)

col_Kurtz
11-29-10, 05:24 PM
Hi up...

I got a lot of problems with mods and I need your advice...
Everything working I mean I can see new UI and other stuff but I can`t hit anything. I got ID target locked following the target, AOB... range but the speed is sometimes:o 144Kts... and I don`t know what is wrong:cry:
If you can see the link below

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1543079&postcount=195

My screen native resolution is 1280x1024 maybe I lost something or I got too much.

TheDarkWraith
11-29-10, 05:33 PM
Everything working I mean I can see new UI and other stuff but I can`t hit anything. I got ID target locked following the target, AOB... range but the speed is sometimes:o 144Kts... and I don`t know what is wrong:cry:

how are you getting the target's speed?

col_Kurtz
11-29-10, 05:46 PM
how are you getting the target's speed?
I saw your TDC movie and I`m trying same way. But at this moment I think... I`m lost.
First off all I`m taking AOB.
1. Lock the target.
2. Follow the target.
3. ID the target.
4. Range form stadimeter (XO use the stadimeter).
5. By pressing the button guns officer "Determine target speed". And sometimes it`s various is 5Kts and after few minutes when I`m trying to do that again is about 70Kts... 144Kts... So now I`m confeused because I`m not sure where is the problem by my side - I`m absolute beginner with TDC (SHIII and SHIV played without manual targeting) but in SHV I`m trying to do that.
Yeah, I saw, I read about TDC on this forum. But still is something wrong.

Thank you for your answer.

TheDarkWraith
11-29-10, 06:12 PM
I saw your TDC movie and I`m trying same way. But at this moment I think... I`m lost.
First off all I`m taking AOB.
1. Lock the target.
2. Follow the target.
3. ID the target.
4. Range form stadimeter (XO use the stadimeter).
5. By pressing the button guns officer "Determine target speed". And sometimes it`s various is 5Kts and after few minutes when I`m trying to do that again is about 70Kts... 144Kts... So now I`m confeused because I`m not sure where is the problem by my side - I`m absolute beginner with TDC (SHIII and SHIV played without manual targeting) but in SHV I`m trying to do that.
Yeah, I saw, I read about TDC on this forum. But still is something wrong.

Thank you for your answer.

everytime you go to use the speed finder you need to ensure the AOB is correct (update if necessary) and you need to take a range reading. Then you can enable the speed finder. The speed finder works best if target is broadside to you (the more degrees your scope moves in a certain period of time the more accurate the Navigator's speed determination)

I have a new tutorial included with v5.3.0 that covers the speed finder.

col_Kurtz
11-29-10, 06:28 PM
everytime you go to use the speed finder you need to ensure the AOB is correct (update if necessary) and you need to take a range reading. Then you can enable the speed finder. The speed finder works best if target is broadside to you (the more degrees your scope moves in a certain period of time the more accurate the Navigator's speed determination)

I have a new tutorial included with v5.3.0 that covers the speed finder.

Ok. I will try... and try... and again. I`m using torpedo mark and this yellow line is always behind my target:damn: or exactly in the center of the ship...
That`s great. I thought about this tutorial for the absolute noob like me :oops:
And I found the total mistake in my orders... I got Conus00 graph mod but I forgot take off Nauticalswolf Damage and torpedo skin - they are fantastic.
Now I`d like to say thank you for your great work too :)
By the way... I`m trying to use the Solution button next to the right of Periscope targeting.

TheDarkWraith
11-29-10, 06:35 PM
Ok. I will try... and try... and again. I`m using torpedo mark and this yellow line is always behind my target:damn: or exactly in the center of the ship...
That`s great. I thought about this tutorial for the absolute noob like me :oops:
And I found the total mistake in my orders... I got Conus00 graph mod but I forgot take off Nauticalswolf Damage and torpedo skin - they are fantastic.
Now I`d like to say thank you for your great work too :)
By the way... I`m trying to use the Solution button next to the right of Periscope targeting.

the speed finder tells you the speed but you have to insert the speed into the TDC speed dial. Haven't found a way in code yet to set most of the TDC dials.

col_Kurtz
11-29-10, 07:09 PM
the speed finder tells you the speed but you have to insert the speed into the TDC speed dial. Haven't found a way in code yet to set most of the TDC dials.

Yeah. I remember this from your movie.
Now, time to sleep... Is very very late for me:)

Thank you one more time. Maybe tomorrow I`ll try again.

col_Kurtz
12-03-10, 02:37 PM
Please delete this:)

Spotted airplanes...

At first patrol from Kiel - mission near South West England coast.