PDA

View Full Version : Dials & Crew Icons

Deepseadiver
10-28-10, 04:00 AM
Hi Guys
How do i obtain and install the old style dials and crew icons that i have seen on other members screen shots? I have downloaded NewUIs_TDC_4_8_2_ByTheDarkWraith and used the mod installer.Then when i enter game they dont appear. what am i doing wrong?? I have i got the right mod?

cheers

Captain Can
10-28-10, 04:58 AM
hello deepseadiver welcome to subsim! :salute:
first disable the mod by simply rollbacking via JGME.then if you want your UI like SH3 or SH4 style you have to go to your game folder-mods for example;
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Scrip ts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and open this file with your notepad.then at the top you will find the sentence

"set below to either SH3Style , SH4Style, or SH5Enhanced
UIStyle = SH5Enhanced"

for SH3 style UI you must write UIStyle = SH3Style
for SH4 style UI you must write UIStyle = SH4Style

renable your mode and its ready!hope this helps!:)

ps:do this while your docked.

Deepseadiver
10-28-10, 05:02 AM
hello deepseadiver welcome to subsim! :salute:
first disable the mod by simply rollbacking via JGME.then if you want your UI like SH3 or SH4 style you have to go to your game folder-mods for example;
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Scrip ts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and open this file with your notepad.then at the top you will find the sentence

"set below to either SH3Style , SH4Style, or SH5Enhanced
UIStyle = SH5Enhanced"

for SH3 style UI you must write UIStyle = SH3Style
for SH4 style UI you must write UIStyle = SH4Style

renable your mode and its ready!hope this helps!:)

ps:do this while your docked.

Cheers Captain Can
Im pretty useless at this game and installing the mods. I have asked another question regrding locating and intercepting shipping..can you offer help on that please???

Captain Can
10-28-10, 05:08 AM
Deepseadiver do not hesitate to ask questions.i have been playing SH5 for 2 months and i am already eating everyone's brains out at here by asking noobish questions. :D but they are always willing for help! :)

if you write your full question here i can help.i dont understand the exact point of what you are asking :)

Deepseadiver
10-28-10, 05:48 AM
Captain Can thanks again
Ok here goes..hope you understand.

while im patrolling my designated mission area. I often get reports from the sonar man saying merchant, slow, bearing **** moving away etc...all you see is a black/ grey faint line.

How do i work out how to get to that ship from that info??? what i do is i end up going flank in that direction but dont find anything or they are still miles and miles away. i end up chasing all over the sea for hours on end and find nothing.

cheers

Capt Sinbad
10-28-10, 07:05 AM
Captain Can thanks again

while im patrolling my designated mission area. I often get reports from the sonar man saying merchant, slow, bearing **** moving away etc...all you see is a black/ grey faint line.

How do i work out how to get to that ship from that info??? what i do is i end up going flank in that direction but dont find anything or they are still miles and miles away. i end up chasing all over the sea for hours on end and find nothing.

cheers

ps i cant seem to get the UI mod to work either:cry: this is so frustrating

SashaKA001
10-28-10, 07:47 AM
Captain Can thanks again

cheers

once received a message on the contact, put a cross on the map. include faster time to 4 and put crosses on contact, then draw from the first crosses the line to match all the crosses and draw the line at 20-25 km. and dem a boat to cross the line drops to 25 m depth and wait if there is contact, well if not looking for a new

Capt Sinbad
10-28-10, 08:37 AM
once received a message on the contact, put a cross on the map. include faster time to 4 and put crosses on contact, then draw from the first crosses the line to match all the crosses and draw the line at 20-25 km. and dem a boat to cross the line drops to 25 m depth and wait if there is contact, well if not looking for a new

SashaKA001
thanks for the reply but i am afraid that does not make any sense to me. I really am a newb. could you simplify it and step by step it please?

SashaKA001
10-28-10, 09:03 AM
SashaKA001
thanks for the reply but i am afraid that does not make any sense to me. I really am a newb. could you simplify it and step by step it please?

1. There are reports of contact.
2. put a cross (figure 1) at the end of the contact (black line)
3. scrolls the time a minute or 3.15 minutes, put a cross (figure 2)
4. repeat 3 points. 2 times. (Figure 3)
5. Draw a line from the first contact and beyond.
6. go to the place of the alleged meeting with the contact.
7. If no contact in the field of view and is on the sonar, just sit and wait for contact.
8. Good hunting.

http://i3.imageban.ru/out/2010/10/28/fd0ba2edf18f4540f6ead2cf0eff9e61.jpg (http://imageban.ru)
:har::har::har:

TheDarkWraith
10-28-10, 09:04 AM
below assumes you don't have the add-on mod no hydrophone on surface enabled:

when you get the contact report and you see the line drawn on your map: at the end of the line take the pencil map tool and make a mark. Turn heading to this mark. Now increase time compression to 4 and wait 10-15 mins. Make another mark using the pencil map tool at the end of the contact line. Change course to this mark. Repeat this about 2-3 times till you 'see' the general course the contact is heading (all the 'X's will form a line denoting target's rough course). You can keep doing this until you come up on the contact.

If you have no hydrophone on surface enabled then every 10-15 mins you'll need to submerge to periscope depth to 'hear' the contact. Make your mark then surface for 10-15 mins. Keep repeating till you find the contact.

Capt Sinbad
10-28-10, 09:26 AM
below assumes you don't have the add-on mod no hydrophone on surface enabled:

when you get the contact report and you see the line drawn on your map: at the end of the line take the pencil map tool and make a mark. Turn heading to this mark. Now increase time compression to 4 and wait 10-15 mins. Make another mark using the pencil map tool at the end of the contact line. Change course to this mark. Repeat this about 2-3 times till you 'see' the general course the contact is heading (all the 'X's will form a line denoting target's rough course). You can keep doing this until you come up on the contact.

If you have no hydrophone on surface enabled then every 10-15 mins you'll need to submerge to periscope depth to 'hear' the contact. Make your mark then surface for 10-15 mins. Keep repeating till you find the contact.

Thanks SashaKA001 and thanks TheDarkWraith thats a little clearer....i shall try it.
TheDarkWraith can you help me with your NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_TheDarkWraith mod? i want to use the dials and crew icons of sh4. i go into it and edit the script to say this use sh4style.

i put the NewUIs_TDC_v4_8_0_patch_2 'MOD' folder into my silent hunter area.

i then enable the NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_TheDarkWraith with jsgme. but when i go into the game nothing has changed...what am i doing wrong??? by the way when i enable NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_TheDarkWraith a whole list of other mods appaer such as...NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch
and NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch plus a dozen more

TheDarkWraith
10-28-10, 09:52 AM
start reading posts from here down: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1523581&postcount=4765