PDA

View Full Version : A random idea: Community-made 1.3 patch?

the_tyrant
10-24-10, 09:07 PM
I have seen some great mods, and many Super-mod ideas regarding Silent hunter 5
However, I'm thinking that before we release a Super-mod, we should create a super-patch
This super-patch should not enhance anything, it should simply fix as many problems as possible
I think that the super-patch should not focus on creating a better game, a more fun game, more beautiful game, or a more realistic game. Instead, the super-patch should simply fix the problems.
A super-patch that is extremely popular would simply serve as platform(like the stock game) for other mods.

what do you guys think?

DavyJonesFootlocker
10-24-10, 09:41 PM
I'm reporting you to UbiSoft.:haha::haha:

THE_MASK
10-24-10, 11:31 PM
I have a better idea , another damn patch considering the number of sales grows exponentially with the number of mods .

JScones
10-25-10, 01:21 AM
I think that the super-patch should not focus on creating a better game, a more fun game, more beautiful game, or a more realistic game. Instead, the super-patch should simply fix the problems.
Agreed. In fact, I mentioned it to a few people via PM weeks ago. Nothing open to subjectivity, just pure and simple "bug fixes". Something that could be used as a solid platform for the the more subjective stuff (individual modder flair).

I think there's a reason why the idea hasn't grown legs, but as it's just my perception of things, I won't stir the pot...

Zedi
10-25-10, 03:22 AM
There 2 category of mods for SH5, mods that fixes critical bugs and popular mods that improve the game. For the first part, there is a very short list:

UHS (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=168012) - fix the sub
IRAI (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171973) - fix the AI
BARF (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164953) & FX (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174511) - fix the flotation, explosions etc

These 3 mods cover the bad and amateur scripting implemented in SH5 and there is no major conflict between these mods. Installing them in this order is recommended. At least the first 2 are critical mods and can be considered as patch 1.3

Echolot
10-25-10, 04:05 AM
Please don't forget the ai_sub_hydro_fix.

Greez.

Echolot. :sunny:

Zedi
10-25-10, 04:49 AM
Please don't forget the ai_sub_hydro_fix.

Never understood what that does as I never had any issues with the hydrophone. Maybe I'm missing something...

TheDarkWraith
10-25-10, 04:55 AM
Never understood what that does as I never had any issues with the hydrophone. Maybe I'm missing something...

it allows you to hear the AI subs on the hydrophone (they had no sound signature before). Also fixes the CTD that would happen when trying to listen to the undine class sub on the hydrophone.

Zedi
10-25-10, 05:29 AM
Ow yeah, your right and I completely forgot about that even if is another critical mod. I fail to find the mod now.. I remember that was a sticky on the SH5 forum but is not there anymore ... :hmmm:

TheDarkWraith
10-25-10, 05:36 AM
Ow yeah, your right and I completely forgot about that even if is another critical mod. I fail to find the mod now.. I remember that was a sticky on the SH5 forum but is not there anymore ... :hmmm:

you can find it here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1490537&postcount=1

the_tyrant
10-25-10, 05:53 AM
thanks guys, ill try it out

schnorchel
10-27-10, 05:55 AM
I think the most important is fixing the depth maitain problem when the boat is lower than certain meters.

Zedi
10-27-10, 06:06 AM
I think the most important is fixing the depth maitain problem when the boat is lower than certain meters.

Covered by UHS.

schnorchel
10-30-10, 02:15 AM
Covered by UHS.

NO, it's not completetly. I am very very sure that the boat still can not keep the depth if deeper than 180M at low speed for example 1knot. :down:

Zedi
10-30-10, 03:19 AM
Than its altered by some other mod. Is no way to sink with UHS enabled and sailing with 1knot, I use this mod since release and never had any issues with depth control. You may sink if you stop the engines, but even then.. very slow.

Krauter
10-30-10, 09:46 AM
Agreed, I've never had any big problems when I was using UHS (currently can't play :(..)

My only problems was that the VIIA would sink when travelling slower then 2 knts. But in a later revision that was fixed also.

Reece
10-30-10, 08:16 PM
Yes I agree that making a patch just to fix bugs would be an excellent idea!:yep:

Shiplord
10-30-10, 08:38 PM
For such a patch, the community would need access to many sources of the project, otherwise such a project is doomed to failure from the beginning.:down:

schnorchel
11-01-10, 07:34 AM
Agreed, I've never had any big problems when I was using UHS (currently can't play :(..)

My only problems was that the VIIA would sink when travelling slower then 2 knts. But in a later revision that was fixed also.

I just do the test.

fresh installed V1.2 +UHSv1.4, no other MODs
Single mission. St Lawrence.(can not remeber the exact name of the mission, but you know what it is)
type VIIC
can not maintain the depth below 180M at 1knot.
I do not know where is your conclusion coming from.

milky
11-01-10, 09:58 AM
......... is there ever going to 1.3 it REALLY IS a broken unfinished game.... they didnt fix a THING in 1.2 hardly...i mean what is going on at UBISOFT , are they actually working on a patch or are they leaving the game alone? The MODs make the game so much better , but they need to touch up on a few things.