PDA

View Full Version : Getting the sub to dive

WalterJConklin
10-17-10, 09:51 AM
Hello,

I have SH 4 with patch 1.4 installed, and am running the Real Fleet Mod that is compatible with 1.4. I noticed that it takes a very long time, as in 5 minutes, for my sub to start to dive after I select periscope depth. Is this normal behavior for the sub to take 5 minutes or more to begin to depth?

Thanks,
Walter

Armistead
10-17-10, 10:32 AM
Don't run RFB, so can't say, but those are unrealistic times. Some of the older boats like the S boat can take over a minute. Did you actually time it with the watch from the second you hit the dive button until you went under.

The only other issue is if you take damage to your diveplanes, then it can take longer.

Post in the RFB mod thread.

WalterJConklin
10-17-10, 12:16 PM
Hello,

I am new to SH4. I am commanding the S-18 during the navigation class in submarine school.

Just to clarify, the sub doesn't even respond when I hit the p key. I have to manually move the depth gauge to get the sub to dive or select crash dive. I don't think the RFB mod got rid of the p key command.

Since I am using an old version of RFB, is it alright to post in the RFB thread.

Sincerely,
Walter

TorpX
12-06-10, 07:11 PM
Hello,

I am new to SH4. I am commanding the S-18 during the navigation class in submarine school.

Just to clarify, the sub doesn't even respond when I hit the p key. I have to manually move the depth gauge to get the sub to dive or select crash dive. I don't think the RFB mod got rid of the p key command.

Since I am using an old version of RFB, is it alright to post in the RFB thread.

Sincerely,
Walter

I had much the same problem with RFB awhile ago. After hitting 'P' it would take about 5 or 6 min. to reach 50 ft. Finally, I deleted all the mods, reinstalled the game, downloaded RFB and the others again to fix the problem. Now, I can dive in about 70 sec. I think I got a corrupted RFB download.