PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] new interior life

Kretschmer the IV
10-07-10, 11:22 AM
Is it possible to mod a new 3d interior , example to add the dining area for officers?

I know it from operation flashpoint and arma that you can add awesome stuff with scripting.

So would be cool to see some scripted events in the sub like, breakfast for crew, dinner, lunch. Or crew walking through the central or crew getting ready to go up the conning tower when surfacing. :rock:

I modelled some stuff in 3d Max but its almost 10 years ago and im really short in time, otherwise i would modell the dining area myself, because it would really give some atmosphere seeing the officers taking some food and sitting there. :arrgh!:

oscar19681
10-07-10, 05:13 PM
well crew getting ready for surfacing is allready partially in might fine crew mod.
But i,ve been begging for a wardroom with people eating or relaxing for ages.
Seems it still almost impossible or at least extremely tricky to do.
I guess we have to wait.

Drakron
10-07-10, 06:37 PM
Well I am confused, I found a book named "Anatomy of the Ship - Type VII U-Boat" and I discovered that the Type VII did had a wardroom, at least the book shows the wardrobe and not a wardroom.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23575323/Anatomy-of-the-Ship-Type-Vii-U-Boat

So far it seems they did got it right looking at this book.

Madox58
10-07-10, 07:07 PM

Extremely Tricky is the key phrase for now.
Until I can get a new system I can't complete some things I was working on.
I mostly hand write the code and check it in my head now.
Then I Hex edit things as the program should do it.
I can only view things with Granny viewer sometimes.
:nope:

So Yes, I guess We wait some more.
:cry:

mobucks
10-08-10, 07:50 AM
well crew getting ready for surfacing is allready partially in might fine crew mod.
But i,ve been begging for a wardroom with people eating or relaxing for ages.
I guess we have to wait.

perhaps it is there just you have to fold them out since they fold away maybe when it is not dinnter time?

Capt Jack Harkness
10-09-10, 05:33 AM
Well it seems the captain's quarters doubled as officers' mess; the folding table shown isn't in the game, nor are the hanging lights:

http://www.hazegray.org/navhist/canada/uboats/u190i.jpg

I believe it's also where the officers were eating relatively early in Das Boot, I remember them having their backs to the radio/sound rooms.

EDIT: Pic is worthless for our purposes, it was from a type IXC...