PDA

View Full Version : My number one problem with SH5 -The Targeting

Stevepine
05-20-10, 11:27 AM
ok So in a nut shell :

WITH NO map contact updates you need to be able to do accurate and good Triganometry to even have a clue as to the ROUGH, vague position of the enemy.

( I have tried hard to do that trig! even with the youtube tutorial video to help lol)

With map contact updates ON SH5 is like shooting fish in a barrell, it really is.

With Map contact updates ON I really HATE how I can use my yellow torpedo path line on the map to make a basic guess and shoot my torps with pretty damn good accuracy.

I dont need to figure out mast height or distance to target.... just line up the little yellow torp line slightly in front of the enemy ship and shoot. I usually hit. So, So boring.

I dont know about you guys..... but I LONG to find a method in the middle.

A method which is challenging ( not ridiculously easy ) but where I dont need to be a genius at trig to even find the target.

I used to find we had this back in the day with SH3.

Do you feel the same ?

kylania
05-20-10, 12:39 PM
There was an Assisted Targeting mod for SH3 that kind of addresses these issues. Hopefully we'll see something similar for SH5.

furby
05-20-10, 01:42 PM
maybe somebody could make a small mod that removes the yellow line?

panosrxo
05-20-10, 01:45 PM
ok So in a nut shell :

WITH NO map contact updates you need to be able to do accurate and good Triganometry to even have a clue as to the ROUGH, vague position of the enemy.

( I have tried hard to do that trig! even with the youtube tutorial video to help lol)

With map contact updates ON SH5 is like shooting fish in a barrell, it really is.

With Map contact updates ON I really HATE how I can use my yellow torpedo path line on the map to make a basic guess and shoot my torps with pretty damn good accuracy.

I dont need to figure out mast height or distance to target.... just line up the little yellow torp line slightly in front of the enemy ship and shoot. I usually hit. So, So boring.

I dont know about you guys..... but I LONG to find a method in the middle.

A method which is challenging ( not ridiculously easy ) but where I dont need to be a genius at trig to even find the target.

I used to find we had this back in the day with SH3.

Do you feel the same ?

You can use pencil and paper like they did.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3871/43851650.jpg (http://img88.imageshack.us/i/43851650.jpg/)

1.You draw a point(your position)
2.Given bearing and range you draw the position of the target
3.Then you start the cronometer and wait for 3min and 15s
4.Given the new bearing and range you draw the new position of the target

Now all you need to do is measure AOB, Speed which is equal to d1_meters/100. The range that you put in the tdc is range1_meters.

THE_MASK
05-20-10, 03:53 PM
TheDarkWraith would be the person to ask .

Stevepine
05-20-10, 04:22 PM
maybe somebody could make a small mod that removes the yellow line?

Really really good idea. I would do it myself if I was able to mod.

It would make the game so much better with Map Updates on.... a challenge to plot a solution for your torps again BUT not too difficult.:yep: