PDA

View Full Version : CareersStart.upc help please

treblesum81
05-17-10, 04:42 PM
I'm trying to integrate a playable sub mod into my current mod setup and I'm a little lost as to the meaning of an entry in this file. On the line "IDLinkUserPlayerUnits=" what does the number after each boat type mean? ie: "F1Porpoise, 3"? I get that "F1" stands for flotilla 1, but I can't find a decent reference to the "3" anywhere.

Thanks

Karle94
05-20-10, 05:53 AM
I'm trying to integrate a playable sub mod into my current mod setup and I'm a little lost as to the meaning of an entry in this file. On the line "IDLinkUserPlayerUnits=" what does the number after each boat type mean? ie: "F1Porpoise, 3"? I get that "F1" stands for flotilla 1, but I can't find a decent reference to the "3" anywhere.

Thanks

It`s the number of boats in the flotilla.

treblesum81
05-20-10, 11:35 AM
Ahh ok, so if I put 3 there then when I start a career, I'll get a random pick of three possible boats? Or does that have some other effect?

Karle94
05-22-10, 09:49 AM
Ahh ok, so if I put 3 there then when I start a career, I'll get a random pick of three possible boats? Or does that have some other effect?

The game chooses three random boats from the file in the roster.

treblesum81
05-22-10, 01:07 PM
Ok, so it really has very little to do with gameplay?

Royale-Adio
05-23-10, 01:18 PM
It indicates that there is 3 sub names to choose from your roster folder.

If you write a new roster file for your sub and that it has only one name, just type 1, if three then type 3.

I remember when I developped my mod, I just wrote one name and putted 1 at the end.