PDA

View Full Version : quick mission location

crocodile
05-17-10, 02:13 PM
Hi everybody, I'm a simulation game noob, I have installed DW and I wanted to ask a thing about the quick mission generator.
When I choose it I see that I can select a type of mission, side, difficulty, but about location.... this option seems a bit limited to me. For instance, if I choose "Mediterranean" the portion of this sea where the action will take place is limited, and this applies to every location. In Australia the action will take place only in a small part of Northern Australia, the portion of East and West Coast where the action will take place it's so limited to! What if if I wanted a mission generated in South Australia or in the mid of the Pacific? I know I can use the powerful editor but it's too complicated for a beginner like me and playing mission that you created it's not so exciting since you already know most of the things.
Is there a way / a mod to tweak the quick mission generator to play in any location of the World?
Thanks for your help!

TLAM Strike
05-17-10, 03:21 PM
Ok to make a new quick mission region open on of the .rgn files in your scenario folder in notepad. You will see something like this:

VERSION 3
BEGINREGION Australia_Northern.rgn <Name of Map
LATLONG -12.044881 138.339935 <Location of mapAlter those values and save the file under a new name. and you have a new quick mission region.

Now there is a problem with that, the areas that ships are generated will be like in the old map, so if the terrain is too different you may end up with ships starting on land. That has something to do with the other lines of code in the file. I have not messed with those, I find its just easier to start the mission over if you start on an island than decipher a couple hundred number strings.

crocodile
05-18-10, 10:58 AM
Well, OK, doesn't sound difficult at all, thanks a lot for your help!!!!