PDA

View Full Version : Any long, multipart scenarios out there?

NFunky
05-03-10, 01:37 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows of any extended missions for DW. I mean missions with mutliple phases, tasks and regions. One of my gripes with the campaigns that are available is that for each new assignment, you are given a complete reload/repair and are dropped very near to where all the action will happen if not right in the middle of it. I understand why this is from a gaming point of view, but I'd be really interested to play some 'realistic' scenarios where there are a bunch of different things happening at various times all over the map. I want to have to transit to new objectives (especially interesting in the Kilo with having to balance battery vs. snorkel vs. max snorkel speed vs. transit time vs. snorkel noise, etc.). I also want to have to conserve weapons as I'd need them for certain objectives and perhaps even have to load a few mines for a specific task.

Anyone know of any missions in this vein? I'm working on my own, but it's slow going and I don't have that much free time these days.

Dr.Sid
05-03-10, 04:33 PM
Is that even possible ? I mean to have several missions and carry load between them ? Campaign only carries destroyed platforms, AFAIK.

Molon Labe
05-03-10, 05:24 PM
It's possible, but it would have to be done as a single mission that just keeps going. It would be impractical to make an MP scenario like that because of stability issues and the lack of a save feature. In SP it's definitely doable, and Bill Nichols did something along those lines with Sicilian Wedding (http://www.subguru.com/DW_missions/Sicilian_Wedding.zip). I'm not aware of anything else like that, though.

Maybe I'll put it on the list. =) I'd like to make some new missions once we get 3.10 out (just waiting on an installer package) so maybe I can try my hand at that, provided I can think up a design concept anyways.

TLAM Strike
05-03-10, 11:38 PM
Maybe I'll put it on the list. =) I'd like to make some new missions once we get 3.10 out (just waiting on an installer package) so maybe I can try my hand at that, provided I can think up a design concept anyways. Yes once we get it released I will revisit a long mission I was making involving trailing an new Iranian Submarine on its patrol without being counter detected.

NFunky
05-05-10, 09:39 AM
Thanks guys, I'll definately check out Sicilian Wedding.