PDA

View Full Version : Lost in translation

Oberon
04-15-10, 02:07 PM
A website that translates and de-translates your text into a multitude of languages, or as the website would say:

Translation and translation of web pages in different languages

http://www.conveythis.com/translation.php

Dowly
04-15-10, 02:39 PM
DISCLAIMER:

This translation tool is powered Google Translate. ConveyThis is not affiliated with Google. We do not mean to imply in any way that Google Translate is bad, we are just pointing out the inherent flaws in all current machine translators.

By using this tool, you understand that it is made for fun and is not designed to insult anyone in any way.

:haha:

August
04-15-10, 02:53 PM
Input: "Whip me, beat me, make me write bad checks"

Output:"Hit, hit, there is no background rotation!"

:DL

Weiss Pinguin
04-15-10, 03:12 PM
"My hovercraft is full of eels" = "My hovercraft is full of eels"

I think this thing is broken :hmmm: :smug:

Edit: Wait, here we go!

"I will not buy this record, it is scratched"

...54 translations later... (lol)

"A dzsantosz lightning."

:hmmm:

tater
04-15-10, 03:22 PM
I was expecting Scarlett Johanson's butt, so here ya go:

http://www.tatteredcoat.com/images/opening-lost-in-translation.jpg

frau kaleun
04-15-10, 03:29 PM
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

54 translations later:

Indeed, freedom and happiness of life, vadogovadogo.

I believe what we have here is the rarely heard Mel Torme "scat" version of the Declaration of Independence.

Weiss Pinguin
04-15-10, 03:34 PM
I was expecting Scarlett Johanson's butt, so here ya go:

http://www.tatteredcoat.com/images/opening-lost-in-translation.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/07/a.winner.is.you.490.jpg

Dowly
04-15-10, 03:43 PM
ass-crack

DarkFish
04-15-10, 03:48 PM

:DLreally? when I try the phrase you mentioned I get:

"Random egg prices"

:06::hmmm::har:

frau kaleun
04-15-10, 05:02 PM
After 54 translations...

Biteule wind and white clouds our hearts, we wanted to compare women and Carpets. This means that the truth of the procurement policy, and in some font.

Bet you can't guess what I started out with!

Platapus
04-15-10, 05:14 PM
"My hovercraft is full of eels" = "My hovercraft is full of eels"

I think this thing is broken :hmmm: :smug:

Edit: Wait, here we go!

"I will not buy this record, it is scratched"

...54 translations later... (lol)

"A dzsantosz lightning."

:hmmm:

"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me? I am no longer infected. "

Weiss Pinguin
04-15-10, 05:42 PM
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me? I am no longer infected. "
Apparently that translates to "Spoke at the meeting, or I quit." :hmmm:

"My nipples explode with delight!" = "Joy restless export"

SteamWake
04-15-10, 06:09 PM

LOL hilarious ! :yeah:

VipertheSniper
04-15-10, 07:19 PM
Input:"Machine translations are useful for getting a general idea about what text written in a foreign language means."

Output: "Equipment for mashin translation and language"

or

Input:"After waiting two years for an appointment to the United States Naval Academy, young Halsey decided to study medicine at the University of Virginia and then to get into the Navy as a doctor."

Output:"Yu. It. Novel Academy was Dr. thinks, University of Virginia, was appointed minister the New boat after two years"

August
04-15-10, 07:35 PM
Reminds me of:

Prisoner: There's a message through the grapevine, Johnny.
Johnny Dangerously: Yeah? What is it?
Prisoner: Johnny and the Mothers are playing "Stompin' at the Savoy" in Vermont tonight.
Johnny Dangerously: Vermin's going to kill my brother at the Savoy theater tonight.
Prisoner: I didn't say that.
Johnny Dangerously: No, but I know this grapevine.

Platapus
04-15-10, 08:02 PM
Another great movie :yeah:

"I like you, you have spunk, spice, fire, verve... and those. I like those on a woman"

razark
04-15-10, 08:18 PM
Reminds me of my days in tech support. It was interesting getting tickets that had been submitted by customers who didn't speak the language.

"hello, I have serious and enormous problems with the server that I finish contracting by the electronic mail, the POP MailEnable Service is extinguished suddenly and I cannot receive the post office, I do not have any idea of because it passes this, and it is urgent to me because I am losing clients of immediate form"

or

"I am Bravo to accustom in computer IP, but but task United States antenna Italy rows badly time!"

Torvald Von Mansee
04-15-10, 10:56 PM
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush = keeping wild birds

Torvald Von Mansee
04-15-10, 10:58 PM
Reminds me of my days in tech support. It was interesting getting tickets that had been submitted by customers who didn't speak the language.

"hello, I have serious and enormous problems with the server that I finish contracting by the electronic mail, the POP MailEnable Service is extinguished suddenly and I cannot receive the post office, I do not have any idea of because it passes this, and it is urgent to me because I am losing clients of immediate form"

or

"I am Bravo to accustom in computer IP, but but task United States antenna Italy rows badly time!"

Dude, you are giving me nightmares of the time I was tutoring an Egyptian student. I would shiver with frustration dealing w/that guy.

TLAM Strike
04-15-10, 11:08 PM
Thank you for downloading the latest version of the LWAMI Advanced Capabilities Mod. This Mod expands on and improves the Dangerous Waters (DW) database and doctrine files. The purpose of this mod is, straightforwardly, to address the aspects of DW game-play that most bother the mod team, while improving the simulation experience and fixing bugs--without introducing any new ones.

Becomes

Thank you to download the latest version of the advanced capabilities LWAMI Ministry of Defence. Ministry of Defence this fast-growing and dangerous in the water (dry) database files and learning. Rejected the purpose of this model aspects of the game to deal with this comb dry most of the team and the Ministry of Defence, while improving the experience of simulation solution - without a new alternative.

........ I like their version better.... :rotfl2:

Weiss Pinguin
04-15-10, 11:20 PM
Ministry of Defence... Now there's a mod I can get behind :haha:

TLAM Strike
04-15-10, 11:50 PM
Ministry of Defence... Now there's a mod I can get behind :haha:
Its gets more awsome!

"With the addition of the Yu-7, YJ-83, and 054A- and 053C-class warships, the PLAN has become much more dangerous in all respects. Do not expect easy opposition from PLAN units anymore."
...25 translations later we get:
"Internet 7-83-054a y_ ships and medium-053C and most dangerous part of the project, including Explorer -. I hope this is only the Mediterranean Action Plan."

Apparently this translator is a Hugh Laurie fan...

"A “man overboard” object has been added. This is just a guy in an orange life vest, waiting to be plucked out of the water."
...25 translations later we get:
""Others", House said. This guy is just Coat orange, water demand is expected."

HunterICX
04-16-10, 03:31 AM
I think I have a new Hollywood World War 2 title comming up.

Original text:
"Hitler and Stalin where evil men"

...54 translations later we get:

"Hitler, Stalin and the bad."

HunterICX

Jimbuna
04-16-10, 07:04 AM
"One flew over the cuckoos nest"

54 translations later

"Gaga's nest" :doh: