PDA

View Full Version : SH3 / SH5

robbythesub
04-01-10, 02:14 AM
Having now tried SH5 for quite some time, I went back yesterday to SH3, modded to GWX 3.0, with all the latest mods, and really felt straight away that SH3 both easier to play, and also more realistic.

I wish we could bring those SH5 clouds into SH3 but keep the rest of SH3!

I am sure once SH5 gets modded to the same degree as SH3 then it will be superb, but cant help thinking that SH5 is missing in huge areas compared to SH5- does anyone else agree?

Mav87th
04-01-10, 02:20 PM
I'll agree to anyone feeling that post was misplaced in the mods forum for SH-5....

ddrgn
04-01-10, 02:23 PM
I'll agree to anyone feeling that post was misplaced in the mods forum for SH-5....

Ya, but, now your just trolling and I fed a troll, see how that happens ;P

Bilge_Rat
04-01-10, 02:36 PM
I am sure once SH5 gets modded to the same degree as SH3 then it will be superb, but cant help thinking that SH5 is missing in huge areas compared to SH5- does anyone else agree?

No.

This thread does not belong here, the mods should move it back to the general forum.

kylania
04-01-10, 02:53 PM
but cant help thinking that SH5 is missing in huge areas compared to SH5

Without specifics this is just a random troll. What areas exactly are missing? Define them, then create mods to address them. Graphics and gameplay SH5 already kicks the crap out of SH3. Realism and content will come.

Ducimus
04-01-10, 09:41 PM
The OP completely skipped over Sh4.

http://www.stockphotopro.com/photo-thumbs-2/AXRKK2.jpg

A lot of folks have done this actually. I just like pointing it out since Sh5 is founded upon SH4, and peoples options are much broader then they allow themselves to see.

kylania
04-01-10, 09:45 PM
I never really did like SH4, even with the U-boat stuff. It still felt like a Fleet boat with a different skin kind of thing. Also, when I played it, it barely played on my PC which might be a lot of my hesitation in liking it. :)

Ducimus
04-01-10, 09:51 PM
Hey, i'm just saying is all. The blinders really stick out when a person completely skips over something like it doesn't even exist.

Sailor Steve
04-02-10, 11:25 AM
There was an SH4?

Any mods for it?
:rotfl2:

robbythesub
04-02-10, 01:02 PM
I was comparing SH3 to SH5 as it is the nearest comparison- SH4 is a different theatre.

It is very relevant for this forum since SH5 needs modding to even come close to SH3 modded the way it is- surely you can see that?

The targetting system in SH5 is not complete and really hard to use (see other posts on this issue), the enemy rarely attack you not to mention all the things that dont work.

I do enjoy SH5 but what I was getting at is that it is incomplete and unrealistic in the current form, which certainly is a mods issue.

Gusteno8
04-02-10, 07:04 PM
Im starting to get annoyed with all these "Going back to SH3" / "SH3 with GWX is much better" threads.

Seriously! SH5 is brand new. Yes, it sucks vanilla. But Give it some *****ng time!
The modders have worked with SH3 for 5 years!!! FIVE YEARS!!!

SH5 is ONE MONTH old! Seriously. Give it TIME!!

And stop with these stupid threads. We all know that you guys are disapointed with SH5.

Hartmann
04-02-10, 07:25 PM
SH3 itīs a lot better than shV in a very important thing, 1943 to 1945 , radars, upgrades, number of playable and not playable units.

until some DLC or mods add late years of the campaing sh3 gives you a better overall historic gameplay.

kylania
04-02-10, 07:28 PM
until some DLC

Wooo... if you thought DRM pissed people off, if Ubisoft tries to sell us DLC to "complete the campaign/game" imagine the uproar that will cause.

mr chris
04-03-10, 01:01 PM
Wooo... if you thought DRM pissed people off, if Ubisoft tries to sell us DLC to "complete the campaign/game" imagine the uproar that will cause.

But when has Ubisoft Listened to it's customers?
I will be amazed if the is no form of DLC for SH5 at some point in the future.
Be it a ship add on pack or added missions or the last years of the war. It just makes financial sense to UBI.
I mean the preverbal really hit the fan on the Total war forums when CA went the DLC / Steam route with Empire. But it did not alter there mindset at all. It's just the way the PC game scene is going theses days.

MLF
04-03-10, 03:04 PM
Throw my 2 penny worth in here - I really love SH3. What the modders have done is superb and the sim has come on leaps and bounds and continues to do so. SH4 never 'got' me in the same way - can't put my finger on why, apart from the wishy washy graphics.

However, curiosity got the better of me, especially following the SH5 screenshot thread (and the reduction in price). I now have SH5 and..................

I am impressed. :yep: Not with the DRM thingy although this hasn't caused any major probs to date - just don't like the thought of what can be downloaded to my PC from Ubisoft eg: agents for monitoring etc etc:nope:.
But the Graphics - stunning:yeah:, and what fantastic potential for a major sim in the future.

I'm not fully converted yet - there are major bugs, and some weird things that I'm sure are due to my lack of experience with the sim, but overall I'm impressed. Give it time people, there are some very gifted modders out there.

Regards

MLF