PDA

View Full Version : [REQ]'Surface' command does not close Navmap

trotter
03-30-10, 05:50 PM
A very minor thing, but ultimately annoying because of the grand scheme of it.

When viewing the Nav map in time compression, the command to Surface immediately closes the map, resets you to first person view wherever you previously were, and sets time compression to 1x (or something very low).

All other commands can be executed from the Nav map in time compression without this "kick out".

This is extremely tedious, because when I'm in high TC on the surface on long transit or on an uneventful patrol, I like to quickly pop to periscope depth for a quick hydrophone listen. As it stands now, every time I hear nothing and want to pop back to the surface, I get kicked from my map view, have to re-enter the Navmap and set my time compression again.

Now consider in high TC transit I may do the pop down to periscope depth every minute or so of real time...and you can understand that this dynamic is extremely annoying.

Can someone release a quick mod, or maybe even tell me which line of code to change myself?

reboot
03-30-10, 05:56 PM
If you click 5 meters on the depth guage to surface, it won't kick you out. That's what I've been doing.

kylania
03-30-10, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I'd posted about this eariler and never got a response. Though, as reboot says, the icons seem to not break TC. So I'm able to slow, periscope, stop, listen, speed up and surface all without breaking TC by clicking the action buttons on the side.

This is using TDW UI.

mobucks
03-31-10, 10:10 AM
this also happens when trying to get depth under keel and *afaik* weather reports.