PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] New Message/Officer Panel Interface(s)

Flinch
03-30-10, 03:26 AM
I was wondering if it is possible to mod the Message and/or Officer Panel Interfaces? I know there are UI mods that are out there - am I missing one that changes these screens to present the info more clearly and concisely?

Message Panel - Is there a better way to present this info? I don't need the little torpedo or smoking ship icons for my actions - show this as plain lines of text that is easy to scroll through? Possibly more info that could be shown here ?

Officer Panel - Hovering your mouse over the officer pictures gives info on rank and what looks like what rank level they are for a promotion (?) It's the presentation that kind of confuses me. Also, Not having to click thru to get to their ability panel is a bit of a pain.

Any input?

Coldcall
03-30-10, 06:18 AM
I agree, i hate the new log and radio message screens, they look really gamey. I'd like to see messages come in like a telex, typing out each letter at a time. It just feels more imminent and realistic.

Sailor Steve
03-30-10, 10:18 AM
The radio messages in SH4 were just about perfect. The radioman takes the incoming code and writes or types it up, in code as recieved. The 2WO then uses the Enigma to translate it into actual words, and hands the captain the message. What you should get is a message handed to you ready to read.