PDA

View Full Version : Cold Choices - Larry Bond

Mau
03-27-10, 09:01 PM
Anybody read that book. His previous one ``Dangerous Ground`` was not bad at all.

Just look at the first page and noticed that the SEAWOLF is based in Groton, Connecticut (20 August 2008 in the book).
The SEAWOLF was transferred to the West Coast in mid 2007.
Usually Larry Bond is up to date. I guess that when he wrote the book (the book came out in 2009) the sub was stil in Groton.
Anyway, please, no spoilers. Just need to know if people liked it?

Thank you

Eugene
03-28-10, 12:24 AM
Yes - it is a good effort. I have enjoyed initial novels very much. But have not read "Dangerous Ground."

Bill Nichols
03-28-10, 07:45 AM
I've read them both. Highly recommended, tho' I must say I liked Dangerous Ground more than Cold Choices. Also, if you're looking for lots of combat, these ain't your cup of tea. Nonetheless, there's opportunity for a couple of DW scenarios from these stories...

TLAM Strike
03-28-10, 06:33 PM
I agree with Bill here. Both were good but Dangerous Ground was the best. Great to read a sub book thats not a shooting match.

MR. Wood
03-28-10, 09:58 PM
In agree both books are very good

Kresge
04-04-10, 11:50 AM
Indirect thanks for reminding me of Larry Bond! I picked up a couple of his novels (Cauldron and Vortex) after noticing his name in Red Storm Rising. RSR definitely had a strong Bond influence, as I discovered while trying to read some other Clancy books and couldn't get into them. I'll have to pick up some more of his works.
:yeah:

dd149
04-04-10, 01:47 PM
Also loved RSR, I will look into more of his books too.

Aramike
04-13-10, 01:26 AM
Also loved RSR, I will look into more of his books too.His books are pretty damned good, if I may say so. He seems more versatile than Clancy these days.

Going to definately check out Cold Choices, as I loved Dangerous Ground.