PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

Bob117
03-24-10, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know if Dangerous Waters runs on windows 7 without any problems? I will be upgrading to windows 7 in the near future and would like to know.

JamesT73J
03-24-10, 07:01 PM
No problems.

Kaye T. Bai
03-25-10, 04:50 AM
I ran it on Windows 7 Ultimate after upgrading from Windows Vista Ultimate. It works fine, although a bit more slower than before. It may be different for others, though.

clive bradbury
03-25-10, 09:08 AM
Win7 Home Premium 64-bit no problems at all. Installed into a C:/Games folder. I do run it in a window simply because I can't stand the widescreen distortion, but it runs beautifully either way.

FlyingSinger
04-07-10, 11:46 AM
I just bought DW (jewel case) for $10 from Amazon on a nostalgic whim. I used to play Harpoon (DOS maybe?) on a home desktop and on one of my earliest work notebooks back in the mid-90's, and I also spent a lot of time with Jane's 688(i) some years back. I'm more of a (lapsed) flight sim junky and (more recent) space flight sim guy (I wrote a tutorial book on the free Orbiter space flight sim a few years ago). But I've always loved subs, in part because my brother served on boomers back in the 80's.

So I decided to dip my toe into Dangerous Waters (so to speak) and was pleased that it installs and runs great on my new 64-bit Windows 7 Professional (Lenovo) notebook. Hoping to get back into it on a trip to Taiwan next week but there's an awful lot to learn and relearn. At least I can watch the videos and read some of the PDF's.

convoy hunter
04-12-10, 01:34 PM
Does any one know if win7 can play mp with vista in wlan?

convoy hunter
04-14-10, 10:01 AM
Does any one know if win7 can play mp with vista in wlan?Answer please

Frying Tiger
04-14-10, 10:34 AM
I just bought DW (jewel case) for $10 from Amazon on a nostalgic whim. I used to play Harpoon (DOS maybe?) on a home desktop and on one of my earliest work notebooks back in the mid-90's, and I also spent a lot of time with Jane's 688(i) some years back. I'm more of a (lapsed) flight sim junky and (more recent) space flight sim guy (I wrote a tutorial book on the free Orbiter space flight sim a few years ago). But I've always loved subs, in part because my brother served on boomers back in the 80's.

I highly recommend Orbiter to anyone who love simulations... it's seriously cool. (and I built a few of the ship models in it!) (grin)

Dr.Sid
04-14-10, 10:49 AM
I don't see how does it relate to this thread, but I second that. Really no game-world experience can match with planning and executing trip from Earth to Mars.

Frying Tiger
04-14-10, 11:35 AM
I don't see how does it relate to this thread, but I second that. Really no game-world experience can match with planning and executing trip from Earth to Mars.

well, I had to ask a programmer about the actual question (I have no clue about wlan play) but I'm always ready to plug Orbiter... (grin)

Convoy Hunter, we don't officially support Vista OR Win 7, but we have tried it and it should work.

Pisces
04-14-10, 12:04 PM
I don't see how does it relate to this thread, but I second that. Really no game-world experience can match with planning and executing trip from Earth to Mars.I third it. ;) But you do have to accept the learning curve. Even with all the fancy tools like mission planners on MFDs and tutorials on how to use it, it's stilll rocket science you know. :rock: