PDA

View Full Version : Silent hunter 5 appreciation thread

doomlordis
03-18-10, 07:40 PM
I know it has bugs, I know the drm sucks but I just has the most exciting patrol ever and that includes sh3 and 4!
I am up to January 41 and trying to complete the supplies mission, anyway I located a convoy and chased off at extreme speed , the weather was awful but I got to see my first lightning!
The convoy was protected on 4 sides and had 18 ships , 6 were troop ships.
I only had 50000 left to get and sneeked in between the dd at night , I fired of 3 eels and was lining up my forth when a small merchant suddenly veered towards me gaining speed by the second!
I crash dived too late and it destroyed my periscope, 100% damage ! My hull was down to 60 % and I leveled off at 70 meters.
Ping , ping **** here they come , the noise got louder and passed over, wabos in the water, I went to external view and watched them drop , closer , closer then passed below me and bang.
Flooding!
Anyway these dd were good , I sneaked away at 3 naughts and set a course home .
I sank 3 ships for 30000 tons but my hull was down to 28% after the were done with me.
Nearing Brest I spotted a task force , 6 dd and a bb, decided against attacking but radioed in , I turned for home and and shortly afterwards 3 ju88 flew over me heading for the task force, how cool is that!
I have 3 weeks to get 20000 tons and I will do it!
I just wanted to point out that the devs have actually got a lot right on this game, convoys behave much more realistically and the initial ease of play does
diminish the further into the campaign you get.

RFB Team
03-18-10, 07:42 PM
Eh, this is the forum for modding the game...

doomlordis
03-18-10, 07:46 PM
OOps can this be moved?