PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about abilities (Mod Potential or Not?)

gouldjg
03-15-10, 01:00 PM
Ok I know we can spend points on abilities and assign them to the crew members. This is curreently being looked at by a number of people.

1. Would a skilled modder ever be able to link the same selectable code (e.g. when selecting a crew member with abilites he is highlighted with a glow round him similar to when selecting the deckgun etc) to a dial or piece of equipment in the sub e.g. a valve or wheel etc?.

If answer to 1 is yes, it is possible, is it not worth exploring attaching these abilities and modified ones to pieces of equipment within the sub that say simulate the little tweaks one could do on his tour round his sub?

Also would it not be cool if the abilites had a cooldown timer or duration set so you know that if you are not on the ball with your tweaks you will lose out on some benefits (think of stress in battle:hmmm:).

Example, ability set to a valve or numbers of valves to increase stopping flooding rate

I know this is a bit far fetched and maybe not even possible but I also know that somethings we thought were impossible in SH3 were actually implemented by mods sooner or later.

Overall I like the abilities in the game but at the moment I just want someone with that level of modding experience to confirm what is possible to mod in this area and what is not?

Hope the above made sence (on planet gouldjg its possible :D)

Anyway, if none of the above is possible nor wanted e.g. a captain should not have to turn valves mentality, can further abilities be added to the ability interfaces currently in the game?