PDA

View Full Version : OM Gameplay Settings

Surface Raider
03-13-10, 09:09 AM
I am playing an OM uboat campaign and at the start of the career I have to select the difficulty level of the game. After selecting this option and starting and saving my mission I can go to the main menu game options screen. I noticed that main window game options sets the difficulty to an appropriate level set by OM. I can then adjust the parameters to increase or decrease the realism and save it as customized, but when playing the missions it seems that the pre-set OM game settings will override the customized game settings at the SH4 main menu. Is there a way to play this game using the customized settings instead of the OM preset difficulty levels? I am using OM 705/720.

lurker_hlb3
03-13-10, 09:46 AM
I am playing an OM uboat campaign and at the start of the career I have to select the difficulty level of the game. After selecting this option and starting and saving my mission I can go to the main menu game options screen. I noticed that main window game options sets the difficulty to an appropriate level set by OM. I can then adjust the parameters to increase or decrease the realism and save it as customized, but when playing the missions it seems that the pre-set OM game settings will override the customized game settings at the SH4 main menu. Is there a way to play this game using the customized settings instead of the OM preset difficulty levels? I am using OM 705/720.

OM does "NOT" change the games difficulty levels

Surface Raider
03-13-10, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Lurker.

OK let me phrase it in a more practical way. When starting an Uboat career after I enter my commander's name and flotilla I have a choice to select a game difficulty level. If I set the difficulty level to medium I will have a realism of 42 (or somewhere close to that). This will include dud torpedoes and unlimited fuel to name a few realism parameters. What I would like to do is remove the dud torpedoes and unlimited fuel, but add on some of the fuel, CO2, compressed air limitations. If I go to the SH4 main menu game options screen I can adjust these parameters, but when I load a mission I won't have my customized options, I will have the realism 42 with the dud torpedoes and unlimited fuel. By default for a brand new mission the Uboat career missions is set to Easy unless another difficulty level is selected. I tried setting up my customized options first then I started a new career, but this did not work either. The mission started with the Easy parameters set.
If OM is not doing anything with the difficulty levels then it is my mistake to have thought so and I am sorry. With that said does anyone know how to get your customized settings to work? I have not tried an American campaign yet to see if that is hosed up, but I thought with the stock Uboat missions add on I was able to use the customized settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Kremmen
03-13-10, 02:46 PM
Hi,
When you start a new career enter your name etc doesn't matter what difficulty you choose,then proceed till you get to your office.On the right hand side (iirc) is a filing cabinet,mouse over and it says 'Options',click on that and select your realism settings etc and you're good to go.

hth

Surface Raider
03-14-10, 01:01 PM
Thanks Kremmen I will give that a try. I probably should get more sleep. I looked at the stock SH4 and Uboat missions game and found nothing has changed about the career mode. I guess I got it confused with the war patrol. But I will give the cabinet a try once I get back to the office (that is if I get back to the office).

Surface Raider
03-15-10, 10:26 AM
Thanks Kremmen. Checked it out last night. Your suggestion worked.

Next question: Is there a way to center your sub on the table plotting map? It seems like the magnifying glass or mouse roller only zooms in and out, but does not center the sub on the map. I tried various SH2 commands and none of them worked. Once again thanks for your help.

Sailor Steve
03-15-10, 11:03 AM
I may be misremembering, but I think you press Ctrl and left-click the mouse. It won't center but it will put the sub whereever your mouse cursor is.

col_Kurtz
03-15-10, 11:27 AM
I may be misremembering, but I think you press Ctrl and left-click the mouse. It won't center but it will put the sub whereever your mouse cursor is.

No, no... you aren`t ;) You right. Click+ctrl :) Not centered but... put the sub whereever your mouse cursor is.:sunny:

Surface Raider
03-15-10, 01:12 PM
Thanks Sailor Steve and col_Kurtz. I will give it a try.

Surface Raider
03-17-10, 08:40 AM
Thanks col_Kurtz and Sailor Steve. Gave it a try last night. CNTL+left mouse did place the sub at the location of the cursor which is good enough. Sure beats zooming and dragging maps. :up: