PDA

View Full Version : [REL] Danevang's Paint Shop 1.0 (skin pack)

Danevang
03-11-10, 02:10 PM
patch 1.2 compatible
------------
Introduction
------------
This mod was born out of a frustration over the lacking state of Silent Hunter 5 at the time of release. The Kriegsmarine painters put in the game by the developers must have been using paint of a very inferior quality, because as soon a camouflage was painted on your u-boat, it would disappear as you began a patrol. That's bad paint...

BUT, enter the Danevang's Force Camouflage On mod. This mod was meant to force the game...I mean those lazy painters, to apply the camouflages that came with the game. But also these were quite lacking, for some reason the Kriegsmarine painters only wanted to add wave camouflage to type VIIB boats, and not VIIC etc.

Not only where the game's painters lazy, and used bad paint, they also refused to paint some camouflages on some u-boat types! Unheard of!
This is where the Force Camouflage On mod grows into a paint shop, Danevang's Paint Shop. The Kriegsmarine painters can't be trusted, so fellow captains,we'll paint the boats ourselves!

----------
What it is
----------
Danevangs Paint Shop 1.0 is to be released in packs, adding ALL the paint schemes of the original game to ALL u-boat types, plus adding completely new paint variants based on the original WW2 colour photos of u-boats, and on the few documents remaining with orders on how the u-boats where to be painted*.

The first skin pack released is the Type VIIC pack. It consisting of 11 paint schemes to use on the type VIIC u-boat, with standard or upgraded
conning tower.

All these paint schemes can be applied to your u-boat at any time.

------------
What it does
------------
The mod replaces the standard (non camouflage) u-boat colour in the game. Therefore, just don't buy a camouflage in game, keep the standard colour, and the paint scheme you apply with this mod will show. Simple. :)

------------
Installation *IMPORTANT*
------------
EDIT: Kylania has made a video showing proper installation. If in doubt, check it out, it explains it very well. See it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuydQ01TFlI).

As this mod replaces the standard u-boat colour, install it with JSGME, or (as always) backup your files!
Installation step by step:

-To save file space, and as all the type VIIC skins share some image files, I've put those files in a seperate folder to be installed first.
You need to put BOTH the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps" folder, AND the skin you want to use, into your JSGME MOD directory, as with any other mod.

1) Install the folder named "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps"

2) Find the paint scheme you wan't to apply to your u-boat. In the folder "Type VIIC" are two folders for both the standard and upgraded conning
tower. If your boat has a standard tower, the paint schemes you can use are in the "Standard Conning Tower", and in the same way with the
upgraded one.

3) Install the paint scheme of your choice, i.e. the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Type VIIC-std Blaugrau 58-1" folder, for the Blaugrau colour on a type
VIIC with the standard tower. (the "std" in the name means standard tower, and "upg"...well, you get the picture)

DONE!

(NOTE: You MUST have the default gray paint scheme applied to you boat in game for the mod to work) (as the mod changes those image files)

You will find an overview of the various paint schemes in the documentation folder.

Remember to uninstall the colour you've installed, when chosing a new one. The boat can only have one colour at a time! (obviously) There's no need however, to uninstall the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps" folder, as that is shared by all the paint schemes.

-------
The end
-------
That's about it I guess. Let me know if anything doesn't work as intended (although remember...it's not a bug, it's a feature). ;-)

I hope you enjoy the mod.

Best regards

-Danevang

The overview in the "documentation" folder:

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2260/viicpackoverview.jpg

-Danevang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
DOWNLOAD TYPE VIIC PACK: http://www.filefront.com/16027541/Danevangs%20Paint%20Shop%201.0%20Type%20VIIC%20Pac k.zip

If the link seems dead, try it a few times and it should work, Filefront sometimes does that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

* I give great credit to Dougie Martindale at http://www.rokket.biz/models/modelsweb/rokket/u557/images/uboat_colours.pdf for a truly valuable source on
u-boat paint schemes.

MadDog09
03-11-10, 02:33 PM
Yes, Great. :yeah: Thanks!

Fansadox
03-11-10, 03:14 PM
Nice thx.

Btw you know how to convert the camo of this

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134100&highlight=camo&page=3

so it becomes useable for the silent hunter 5 boats?

Danevang
03-12-10, 01:08 PM
I suppose one could make a VII SH 5 camo that looks like the one you linked to, but there's one in the game already, looking very much like it. The camouflage for the type VIIB "camo A" for instance. :)

Danevang
03-15-10, 02:35 AM
I might do a bit more work on this, but it would be nice to know if anyone is finding this mod useful at all? :)

rsvette12
03-15-10, 08:30 AM
You are the man of the year in my book, can't wait to try this tonight, super, thank you. :yeah::yeah:

Rich

rsvette12
03-15-10, 07:39 PM
Hmm just tried this and I do not see any camo, I did see the last skin shown in your list, looks great by the way any thoughts, thanks so much. :up:

Rich

rsvette12
03-15-10, 08:20 PM
Manual install worked, thank you. :yeah:

Rich

Danevang
03-16-10, 10:46 AM
It's good to hear that some are finding it usefull. :) I am currently working on adding more camouflages and skins (uboats had MANY more colour schemes than those in game). I'll keep you updated on the progress. :)

PS. If installing manually, remember to backup! :)

rsvette12
03-16-10, 10:55 AM
Thanks buddy beautiful work and looking forward to new ones "YES" :yeah::yeah::D

Rich

oscar19681
03-17-10, 10:07 AM
Uhm why didnt you have the viking camouflage that only shows on the tower? I think its the only one missing.
Strangly enough i cant find it myself in the texture files either. But it shows in-game. Strange!

Danevang
03-17-10, 11:51 AM
First posted by oscar19681
Uhm why didnt you have the viking camouflage that only shows on the tower? I think its the only one missing.
Strangly enough i cant find it myself in the texture files either. But it shows in-game. Strange!

As my first post says...

First posted by Danevang
I haven't myself had any problems with the viking longboat "camouflage" or alberich coating loading correctly ingame. If you experience any problems with these let me know, and they will be added to the mod.

The texture is there, it's called U404. I thought about adding it in the mod, but as I said, I've not had any problems with that "camouflage" not showing, so I wouldn't do it unless others had problems. Have you had that skin not showing properly?

oscar19681
03-17-10, 02:43 PM
Well if you would be so kind as to add it to your mod. It doesnt show on my u-boat when i actually start the patrol.

rsvette12
03-17-10, 03:13 PM
If you could add that file that would be great, I dont see it in original posting, thank you. :yeah:

Rich

Danevang
03-17-10, 04:47 PM
It will be added tomorrow! :salute: And soon a few others too... :DL

Conveen
03-17-10, 04:58 PM
The install with JSGME is correct? I mean the JSGME copy them in a wrong folder. Maybe I have to install them manual?

Fansadox
03-17-10, 05:05 PM
It's good to hear that some are finding it usefull. :) I am currently working on adding more camouflages and skins (uboats had MANY more colour schemes than those in game). I'll keep you updated on the progress. :)

PS. If installing manually, remember to backup! :)

Good to hear your working on other colour schemes ! GJ

rsvette12
03-17-10, 05:50 PM
Nice :D :yeah:

Rich

Danevang
03-18-10, 01:52 AM
The install with JSGME is correct? I mean the JSGME copy them in a wrong folder. Maybe I have to install them manual?

As described in the first post, you need to unzip the mod .zip file, then install the actual uboat/conning tower/camouflage specific folder with JSGME...

Install with JSGME.

Inside the .zip you will find a folder for each uboat type, conning tower, and appropriate camouflage. In the "documentation" folder you will find an overview of the look of the variuos camouflages and their names.

Example: "Force Type VIIC-2 Camo A" means that you put this folder in the MODS folder and enable it with JSGME if you have a Type VIIC with conning tower 2 (Wintergarden), and have purchased camouflage A.

Perhaps to be completely clear I should have written install with JSGME last in that post, as you only have to install the folder relevant for your uboat etc. I'll just change that in the #1 post, to avoid confusion.

I hope this helped. :) Manual installation shouldn't be necessary, if you just install the appropriate folder for your uboat/conning tower/camouflage combination found inside the main .zip file.

If you still have problems installing with JSGME, please let me know. :)

Conveen
03-18-10, 02:08 AM
As described in the first post, you need to unzip the mod .zip file, then install the actual uboat/conning tower/camouflage specific folder with JSGME...

Perhaps to be completely clear I should have written install with JSGME last in that post, as you only have to install the folder relevant for your uboat etc. I'll just change that in the #1 post, to avoid confusion.

I hope this helped. :) Manual installation shouldn't be necessary, if you just install the appropriate folder for your uboat/conning tower/camouflage combination found inside the main .zip file.

If you still have problems installing with JSGME, please let me know. :)

It helps thank you!:yeah::rock::sunny:

EgoApocalypse
03-18-10, 11:20 AM
Looking forward to the new ones.:yeah:

Danevang
03-18-10, 05:18 PM
It will be added tomorrow!

It will be one more day before the next version, containing all the skins from the stock game, will be ready. Sorry, studies are stealing my time... :oops:

DarkFolle
03-18-10, 05:30 PM
D/L link broken:hmmm:

Danevang
03-18-10, 05:35 PM
D/L link broken:hmmm:

It's not, it's just Filefront acting up, it does that sometimes. Try the link a few times and it will work. :)

subaru
03-18-10, 09:12 PM
thanks a lot!:salute:

Danevang
03-19-10, 03:56 AM
Grrr, I can't get the thread title to change on the mods main page. I've changed it to version 1.1, but it still shows 1.0 on that page. Does anyone know how to make it change to the latest updated thread title?

Fansadox
03-19-10, 07:32 AM
Thx when can we expect the other camo's?

rsvette12
03-19-10, 07:54 AM
Huge thanks Pal, appreciate it, take care. :yeah::yeah:

Rich

etheberge
03-20-10, 12:09 AM
Good work with this :yeah:

Danevang
03-21-10, 05:05 AM
Thx when can we expect the other camo's?

I'm a bit held up by studies at the moment, but it shouldn't be long, I just need to work out a few things with the .dds format and such. I can't quite work out which .dds format to save the new skins as, I've tryed every one in the Photoshop .dds plugin, but they don't seem to work. I'll have it sorted out soon though. :)

wamphyri
03-21-10, 05:19 AM
danevang .. check out this thread. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=165563

Danevang
03-21-10, 03:30 PM
danevang .. check out this thread. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=165563

Thanks a lot. :DL That will probably speed up things. I'll keep you posted on the new skins as soon as there is progress. :salute:

Fansadox
03-22-10, 06:51 AM
Thanks a lot. :DL That will probably speed up things. I'll keep you posted on the new skins as soon as there is progress. :salute:

Gl sailor !

oscar19681
03-29-10, 01:13 PM
I have a problem with this mod. I did my first mission with the spotted camouflage in the med with this mod. But on my second patrol in the med my camouflage is gone again!!! I tried everything i tried reload in base several times , i made sure that the camouflage actually was selected in base. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the mod in JGME , tried installing the mod manually but still no joy AARRRGGGHHH!! Its suck that the freakin camouflage needs a mod in the first place! I fear that i,m gradually loosing interest in sh-5 despite being so confident when i first got it.

alexradu89
03-29-10, 01:29 PM
Fantastic job Danevang! :yeah:

Danevang
03-29-10, 02:01 PM
I have a problem with this mod. I did my first mission with the spotted camouflage in the med with this mod. But on my second patrol in the med my camouflage is gone again!!! I tried everything i tried reload in base several times , i made sure that the camouflage actually was selected in base. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the mod in JGME , tried installing the mod manually but still no joy AARRRGGGHHH!! Its suck that the freakin camouflage needs a mod in the first place! I fear that i,m gradually loosing interest in sh-5 despite being so confident when i first got it.

Hmm, that does sound strange...

I'm not quite sure what could be causing that, but a few things does spring to mind:

-Did you get a new conning tower? That would require that you install the proper new camouflage via the mod folders. (this of cause also applies to a new u-boat)

-Try selecting the standard paint scheme in the base, before your next patrol. The mod replaces the standart non camouflage paint job for the relevant u-boat/conning tower combination.

-The paint scheme shown in base is sometimes not the one actually applied to the boat, did you start the patrol, and still have the problem, or did you only try reloading in base?

I fear that i,m gradually loosing interest in sh-5 despite being so confident when i first got it.

I know the feeling, I had to redownload and reinstall all my Ubisoft games today, because of a problem with the Ubi Launcher...they're testing my nerves! :damn:

I'll see if I can't think of more things that could be causing this, if the few things I just mentioned didn't work. :salute:

Danevang
03-29-10, 02:08 PM
Fantastic job Danevang! :yeah:

Thanks, I'm glad someone is finding the mod useful, I certainly know that I felt a bit disappointed when I found out that my brand new camo wasn't showing in game! :cry:

Just a little update by the way, I've found info on various Kriegsmarine
u-boat colours, primer paints, camouflage patterns etc. so as soon as my exam project is done, I'll give work on those those new skins a big push! Just to let you know that I haven't forgotten about them! :DL

oscar19681
03-29-10, 02:57 PM
Hmm, that does sound strange...

I'm not quite sure what could be causing that, but a few things does spring to mind:

-Did you get a new conning tower? That would require that you install the proper new camouflage via the mod folders. (this of cause also applies to a new u-boat)

-Try selecting the standard paint scheme in the base, before your next patrol. The mod replaces the standart non camouflage paint job for the relevant u-boat/conning tower combination.

-The paint scheme shown in base is sometimes not the one actually applied to the boat, did you start the patrol, and still have the problem, or did you only try reloading in base?

I know the feeling, I had to redownload and reinstall all my Ubisoft games today, because of a problem with the Ubi Launcher...they're testing my nerves! :damn:

I'll see if I can't think of more things that could be causing this, if the few things I just mentioned didn't work. :salute:

No new conning tower. Just standart VIIC with spotted camouflage . I have it installed in JGME as force type viic camo c. What i dont understand is why the VIIC,s in the pictures are only represented with the extra flak conning tower. Isnt there an option for the standart VIIC conning tower?

oscar19681
03-29-10, 04:14 PM
Downloaded you latest version. But there is also no option to select the camo c for the standart VIIC. There only is an option for the upgraded VIIC.

Danevang
03-29-10, 04:41 PM
What i dont understand is why the VIIC,s in the pictures are only represented with the extra flak conning tower. Isnt there an option for the standart VIIC conning tower?

Yeah...that's because I got lazy, and didn't want to make that many pictures, of each boat individually. The images are just to illustrate how the camo looks, and which types and conning towers it is available for. Both the type B & C camo c pictures are of the same boat, as you only need to see what the camo looks like, and what boats you can apply it too.

Downloaded you latest version. But there is also no option to select the camo c for the standart VIIC. There only is an option for the upgraded VIIC.

That's because the game only comes with type VIIC camo c for the upgraded tower. Yeah, the developers really did a great job... :nope: I'm planning on converting the camouflages in the next version, so that all camouflages can be applied to all boats. (as the developers SHOULD have done in the stock game!)

oscar19681
03-29-10, 04:53 PM
Yeah...that's because I got lazy, and didn't want to make that many pictures, of each boat individually. The images are just to illustrate how the camo looks, and which types and conning towers it is available for. Both the type B & C camo c pictures are of the same boat, as you only need to see what the camo looks like, and what boats you can apply it too.

That's because the game only comes with type VIIC camo c for the upgraded tower. Yeah, the developers really did a great job... :nope: I'm planning on converting the camouflages in the next version, so that all camouflages can be applied to all boats. (as the developers SHOULD have done in the stock game!)

What do you mean the camo c only comes with the upgraded tower? I mean i,ve seen the camo on the standard VIIC? It dissapeared after my first patrol in the med but its got to be there. Anyway thanks for doing work the devs should have done in the first place.

Danevang
03-30-10, 01:32 AM
What do you mean the camo c only comes with the upgraded tower? I mean i,ve seen the camo on the standard VIIC? It dissapeared after my first patrol in the med but its got to be there.

A few things:

-How did you install the camo C for the type VIIC with standard conning tower? It's not available in my mod.

(Don't mind the strange language in the screenshots, it's the arcane language of Danish. ;))

**IMAGE REMOVED**

-Also, the textures for type VIIC with standard conning tower (called "01" in the texture files) with camo C is not included in the game at all. Only standart paint, camo A, U552 and U404 are available...oh, and "Albrech"! (haha, I'm prety sure they mean ALBERICH coating!):

**IMAGE REMOVED**

I have absolutely no idea how the camo C could have shown up on your first patrol in the type VIIC with standard conning tower...but it shouldn't be possible anyway, so don't feel cheated that it disappeared. :)

Anyway, as I said in an earlier post, I'll make all the camouflages available for all the u-boats, as soon as I get the time. :)

oscar19681
03-30-10, 08:29 AM
Well it was there before i installed your mod. It shows the spots on the u-boat on the entire u-boat insted of only the conning tower. Just check your camo options in the u-boat pen.

Danevang
03-30-10, 11:16 AM
I honestly have no idea how that happened, two textures are used for each sub, a "conning" and a "structure". The only files in the texture library with camo c is:

Conning_7B_00_camo_c.dds
Conning_7C_02_camo_c.dds

Anyway, this mod can enable the camouflages shown in the camo overview image (first post), beyond that, it's developer-/no mans land. :03:

Danevang
03-30-10, 03:14 PM
Just a little preview on the skins I'm working on. This one is of one of the colour schemes of the U-Boat force, "Schlickgrau 58" paint. It's a work in progress, but it's just to let you guys know that I haven't forgotten the skins, and that it won't be long before they're ready for release. :)

I've compared one of my skins with the standard grey colour scheme skin of the stock game. It's very hard...impossible, to get all the details in a few low res screens, but just to give an impression:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7991/skinpreviewschlickgrau5.jpg

Feedback on the new skin look, good and bad, would be very welcome! Does the new skin look too worn, too little, is something missing etc. :)

PLANS FOR NEXT RELEASE:

-All camouflages will be available for every u-boat types, and for every conning tower.
-New skins will be available for every u-boat types, and for every conning tower.
-Improvement of the standard game skins, clean and camouflages.
-Also, the mod will get a name change, as it's scope will have grown somewhat, from just being a bug workarround with a a limited number of stock game camouflages, to an expanded collection of skins that can be applied at any time, to any u-boat.

I'll keep you updated!

-Danevang

:salute:

Danevang
04-03-10, 04:09 AM
Is there no response to the look of the new skin at all? Good, bad, ugly? Please, a few comments, second oppinions, would be great before I start working on more skins and finish this one, so that I don't waste time doing stuff noone thinks is good. :)

kylania
04-03-10, 04:12 AM
Is there no response to the look of the new skin at all?

-Also, the mod will get a name change, as it's scope will have grown somewhat, from just being a bug workarround with a a limited number of stock game camouflages, to an expanded collection of skins that can be applied at any time, to any u-boat.

That's it exactly for me. :oops: I'd already "paid" for the Uplay skins, so had no reason to check this thread since I already had access. Now that I know it's actually a whole new skin pack I'm far more interested! That demo picture looks amazing!

Sgtmonkeynads
04-03-10, 04:20 AM
I tend not to run "Camo" paterns on my U-Boat.

BUT

I am a HUGE sucker for Schlickgrau paint. I LOVE the high detail darker paint jobs and a little rusty look.
I will be useing this as soon as it is finished.
Or did I miss the link ?

Where are the files at so I can give it a go. I got pretty good at it doing my ships in Sh4. Gotta love Gimp.

LeBabouin
04-03-10, 05:30 AM
I want this skin fix badly but as a sub noob, I don't know how to identify the sub and tower type I'm currently using :hmmm:

Danevang
04-03-10, 05:31 AM
I will be useing this as soon as it is finished.
Or did I miss the link ?

It's not out yet, I wanted to see if anyone was interested at all, before spending time making the new skins ready for all u-boats/conning towers etc. But great, if there's an interest, and people think the new look is better, I'll get them done ASAP. :salute:

Danevang
04-03-10, 05:39 AM
I want this skin fix badly but as a sub noob, I don't know how to identify the sub and tower type I'm currently using :hmmm:

This is your u-boat type (here Type VIIC), and the conning tower installed (here version 2). There are only 2 towers available for each sub, the standard (here Default) is called "std" in the mod, and the upgraded tower (here Version II) is called "upg".

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2135/typeandtower.jpg

I hope this helps. :)

LeBabouin
04-03-10, 07:14 AM
Thanks a lot for your help Danevang ! The last silly question is : does this panel shows up only when the sub is at its base ? Been searching in the game and some forums and was not able to find it yet. Sorry for being a weight :oops:

Danevang
04-03-10, 07:24 AM
The screen shows up in base when you talk to the upgrade/torpedo guy to the left of the guy in the fancy uniform giving you missions. :)

A little game u-boat info:

-There are only type VII (type 7) in the game.
-You start out with a variant "A" (Type VIIA)
-You should later get a "B", but the game is buggy, and gives you a "C" instead. :nope:
-You start with a standard conning tower on all new u-boats, and have to use renown to get the larger one at the upgrade guy in base.

I hope this makes it clearer. :)

Danevang
04-03-10, 07:46 AM
Where are the files at so I can give it a go. I got pretty good at it doing my ships in Sh4. Gotta love Gimp.

They're in the data/Textures/TNormal/tex folder. There's a conning and a structure file for every skin. You can check my mod to see what the files in there are called. :)

LeBabouin
04-03-10, 08:16 AM
The screen shows up in base when you talk to the upgrade/torpedo guy to the left of the guy in the fancy uniform giving you missions. :)

A little game u-boat info:

-There are only type VII (type 7) in the game.
-You start out with a variant "A" (Type VIIA)
-You should later get a "B", but the game is buggy, and gives you a "C" instead. :nope:
-You start with a standard conning tower on all new u-boats, and have to use renown to get the larger one at the upgrade guy in base.

Wouhou ! Let the download begin ! :yeah:

**********Edit*********

Thanks a lot for your mod, benefactor ! Works great and looks real war now. Schlickgrau 58 skin makes me drool too !

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview2/1116c6c0-9c34-4345-a1cf-1be1754b48a8.jpg (http://tof.canardpc.com/view/1116c6c0-9c34-4345-a1cf-1be1754b48a8.jpg)

Danevang
04-04-10, 06:51 AM
Ok, here's a little update. The skins are coming along, and I've almost got all of the Type VIIC skins ready. Now I have a question for you guys:

Should I release the whole skins pack when every u-boat is ready...

or...

should I release the mod as type packs, so that you can get the VIIC skins soon, and the rest when they are finished?

The Type VIIC skins alone are about 150mb, so it might be nice with packs? Or?

Sgtmonkeynads
04-04-10, 07:02 AM
I have the next two days off and plan on playing the entire time.
So......you know......I could test the VII for you........if you want to upload it now......I mean, I'm not pushing you or anything.:D

*cough*
Give me Give me Give me.....
*cough*

kylania
04-04-10, 08:08 AM
Ok, here's a little update. The skins are coming along, and I've almost got all of the Type VIIC skins ready. Now I have a question for you guys:

Should I release the whole skins pack when every u-boat is ready...

or...

should I release the mod as type packs, so that you can get the VIIC skins soon, and the rest when they are finished?

The Type VIIC skins alone are about 150mb, so it might be nice with packs? Or?

Release the VIIC now, please. Only people starting new campaigns will have the VIIA, no one will have the VIIB since it's broken and everyone past 3 missions will have the VIIC till much later in the game.

We can always combine them later.

Danevang
04-04-10, 08:29 AM
Ok, I'll release the skins as packs. As I said, I'm almost finished with the VIICs, so I'll release them as soon as they are ready. It shouln't be long. :)

In the first version the VIIC skins available (for both conning towers) will be:

Hellgrau 50
Schlickgrau 58
Blaugrau 58/1
Blauschwartz 58/2
Camouflage with dots
Camouflage with irregular shapes
Camouflage with stripes
Camouflage with waves
Alberich coating
U-404
U-552

Danevang
04-04-10, 11:59 AM
Ok, here's a preview of the skins that will be in the first skin pack released, for the Type VIIC. Some colours may seem close to each other in apperance, but as the goal with this mod, and in future releases, is to make the u-boat colours available to the player as varied as was the case with the actual u-boats of WW2, several tones of gray are included. All skins will be available for both the standard and the upgraded conning tower (the Wintergarden).

The pack should be ready within a few days, if not before. :)

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3020/preview1024x944.jpg

kylania
04-04-10, 02:08 PM
Looks amazing! Has it been a few days yet? :O:

rsvette12
04-04-10, 02:50 PM
Yes amazing work buddy, thank you so much. :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Regards, Rich

Kromus
04-04-10, 03:17 PM
Absolutely amazing work!:yeah:

Would it be possible to include also clean, little bit weathered, weathered, pretty much weathered etc skins for some of these skins? I would love to swap them during long patrols :)

Danevang
04-04-10, 05:56 PM
Okay you guys, the Type VIIC skin pack is out! :DL You'll find it at post #1. I've asked Neal to update the mod thread name to the new Paint Shop one, so that will hopefully be up to date soon.
:)

Please report any problems you might encounter.

Enjoy! :D

7thSeal
04-04-10, 06:13 PM
Thanks very much for this update... I've already picked mine, the Blauschwartz 58/2 is a fine work of art. :up:

rsvette12
04-04-10, 06:31 PM
Awesome load it now you are the best :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Regards, Rich

Sgtmonkeynads
04-05-10, 12:52 AM
Thanks man, realy looks great.

Danevang
04-05-10, 03:54 AM
I'm glad that you like it. :) And the installation is not too complicated, with the common shadow map folder having to be installed seperately of the individual colour schemes?

I just thought that it would help those with slow internet connections, as having them in a seperate folder shaves about 50mb off of the mod.

Anyway, the next plans are for a Type VIIA pack. It shouldn't take as long as the first pack, as I needed to work out a few things about textures etc. This is my first real mod for the Silent Hunter series you see. :DL

I just hope that Neal fixes the thread headline soon, so I can feel that this pack is released properly.

Sgtmonkeynads
04-05-10, 05:44 AM
Ha, type A. I had that one for the training mission only. I sank about every polish ship i could find for 100,000 tons, then went back.
Picked a mission, but left without checking the selection of topedoes so i returned while still in port and got the type C upgrade.:har:

YES !!! a Type VII C in '39 :haha:

more like :othen:rock:then:06:then:doh:and finnaly:shifty:
but that is the way th whole game has been.

Danevang
04-05-10, 05:57 AM
Yeah, it's pretty screwed up...as far as I know, the first Type VIIC was U-69, and that wasn't comissioned until November 2nd 1940.

But my hope is that somehow that "getting the wrong u-boat" bug will be fixed at some point, and it would be nice to have skins for all the types. :)

WOD
04-05-10, 07:24 AM
Nice 1! :up: DLing right now. Thx for the good work.

ironkross
04-05-10, 07:53 AM
Yeah, it's pretty screwed up...as far as I know, the first Type VIIC was U-69, and that wasn't comissioned until November 2nd 1940.

But my hope is that somehow that "getting the wrong u-boat" bug will be fixed at some point, and it would be nice to have skins for all the types. :)
Wow! What great timing. U-69 is the boat I was just assigned to in my campaign; although it's still '39. I'm going with Hellgrau 50 paint, so although it's a few months early at least the boat gets the correct color scheme.
This is a really nice mod to add much needed authenticity to the game. Keep up the good work!
BTW this doesn't affect the emblems does it? We can still use those in the game?

Danevang
04-05-10, 12:11 PM
BTW this doesn't affect the emblems does it? We can still use those in the game?

No, emblems are not affected, as the mod only changes the u-boat colour files applied under the emblems. :)

ironkross
04-05-10, 01:48 PM
No, emblems are not affected, as the mod only changes the u-boat colour files applied under the emblems. :)
Awesome, now all I need is the U-69's Laughing Cow emblem to be totally authentic.

Paco
04-05-10, 01:59 PM
Looks great :yeah:

Thanks,
Paco.

Danevang
04-05-10, 02:32 PM
Awesome, now all I need is the U-69's Laughing Cow emblem to be totally authentic.

You can find that emblem along with many others in the "A Fistful of Emblems v1.0" mod, found here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164789

:yeah:

Sgtmonkeynads
04-05-10, 03:26 PM
Thank You for all your hard work. I had, "had", to switch to a wooden deck. I think it looks good on your new skin.
It's a little dark but haas a good water logged look while sufaced.
While underwater, it looks fantastic.
Never looked right with the stock skin, so thanks again.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=128&pictureid=1672
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=128&pictureid=1671
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=128&pictureid=1670

EgoApocalypse
04-05-10, 03:30 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=128&pictureid=1670

Em Where????

Sgtmonkeynads
04-05-10, 03:40 PM
Where what?
Wheres the deck file? It's data/textures/normal/tex/uboat7c_deck

It's not part of his mod, just an add on of my own.

In the light, it's a little shinny after surfacing.
I think it looks good.

EgoApocalypse
04-05-10, 03:52 PM
no just curious as to did you paint it up yourself or release it?

She looks nice.,

Thanks.

kylania
04-05-10, 04:10 PM
Where what?

I think it looks good.

Release that! Pretty please! :O:

Danevang
04-05-10, 04:25 PM
The deck image is the same as the stock one, right? I mean, you just changed the colour? It looks good though. :)

Sgtmonkeynads
04-05-10, 04:48 PM
Yes, that is all I did. It's simple. Repaint with wood grain pattern. It's about as much as I can do.:oops:
I am nothing compared to the real modders.

astradeus
04-05-10, 06:15 PM
exellent work but probleme bug Camo !!are what an installation error?:hmmm:

http://s2.noelshack.com/uploads/images/3433642551405_sans_titre.jpg

EgoApocalypse
04-05-10, 07:03 PM
Dont think thats the mods bug, I think it a regular bug.

Closing the conning tower hatch usually gets rid of that for me.

rsvette12
04-05-10, 07:16 PM
That always bugged me lol thought it was just me hopefully they fix that, makes a mess of the fine work done by Danevang, wood looks awesome would like to have that for sure, hint hint. :)

Regards, Rich

astradeus
04-05-10, 07:40 PM
That always bugged me lol thought it was just me hopefully they fix that, makes a mess of the fine work done by Danevang, wood looks awesome would like to have that for sure, hint hint. :)

Regards, Rich

Dont think thats the mods bug, I think it a regular bug.

Closing the conning tower hatch usually gets rid of that for me.

accurate, I find that it is a bug that may be contaminated during the games.:down: is a phenomenon that occurs particularly in some type of light .actually, this modder is exellent work by damaging the negligence of developers

etheberge
04-05-10, 09:02 PM
You can find that emblem along with many others in the "A Fistful of Emblems v1.0" mod, found here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164789

:yeah:

Indeed, the Laughing Cow of Lorient is probably my favorite emblem. Great job with the skins Danevang, they look fantastic.

Where what?

I think it looks good.

It looks really good, maybe you could release it on your own or maybe Danevang could include it or something like it in his skin pack? (big giant hint :))

exellent work but probleme bug Camo !!are what an installation error?:hmmm:

http://s2.noelshack.com/uploads/images/3433642551405_sans_titre.jpg

This is a bug introduced by the different camera tweaks floating around. It exists even in the default installation but is much more visible at certain angles with the camera tweaks. You can see it everywhere when you start noticing it, on u-boats, ships and even buildings I think.

It has nothing to do with this mod.

Sgtmonkeynads
04-05-10, 09:19 PM
Wood deck for VIIC.
use below link.
http://www.filefront.com/16039493/Wood%20Decks%20for%20VIIC.7z

This is the first time I've ever uploaded anything so I don't really know the format. Just put into your mods folder and enable with Jsgme.

It does nothing but change the color of the deck to a wood grain pattern.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=128&pictureid=1673

etheberge
04-05-10, 09:46 PM
Wood deck for VIIC.
use below link.

This is the first time I've ever uploaded anything so I don't really know the format. Just put into your mods folder and enable with Jsgme.

Thanks, I downloaded the file and it looks fine, I'll check it out in game in a short while.

rsvette12
04-05-10, 10:01 PM
Great, thanks so much. :up:

Rich

Danevang
04-06-10, 01:01 AM
The wooden deck looks good, but I think it is a little too orange-brown. Check this thread at uboat.net for one of the many discussions in there on decks etc.

http://www.uboat.net/forums/read.php?14,55532,55537,quote=1

"As for the wooden deck, there is no FS equivalent because it changed so much in appearance due to weathering. As covered elsewhere in this forum, it was coated with a black woodpreservative, and so started out as black. Exposure to the elements soon rendered the deck a muddy grey colour with a brown tinge. The more the deck was subjected to weathering, the lighter and browner it became."

The texture probably should be less colour saturated, and it should look even more realistic. :)

A few colour photos showing deck colour:
(as far as I have read in soooo many threads at uboat.net, all decks were wooden, only the pattern of the planking differed)

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6169/12586589.jpghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2986/19642775.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9023/60472935.jpg

I actually did consider changing the deck colour when making the first skins, but as I tweaked the shadow map, I thought that the stock deck came to look pretty close to what I've seen on the WW2 colour photos.

Sgtmonkeynads
04-06-10, 01:30 AM
Yours' are correct and perfect. I have always switched my decks to a nice walnut looking color. i figure if I'm a big time Sub Ace the Furer would let me pimp my sub with some hard wood decking. I can't believe I'm gonna say this in a forum, but, I like hardwood.:shifty:

I just wanted to show you what I did. I did not expect people would like it, or I would have done a hell of alot more to weather it up a bit. I think it represents wet dark wood being wore down very well.
I did it very quickly, I have some time off, maybe I wll actually put sometime into it and wear it out a little. maybe go to the country and take photos of old barn wood to use as a scheme. Hmm, would it work?

Danevang
04-06-10, 01:48 AM
Hehe, hardwood...

Don't get me wrong, I think that your more warm brown wooden colour looks really good. :) It's very nice to have more options regarding the look of the boat, even if the slaves of absolute historical accuracy might be forced to go with the dull real life look. (guilty as charged :oops:)

Danevang
04-06-10, 01:54 AM
And now the thread headline was changed to the new mod name. All according to plan...:hmmm:

:D

Ablemaster
04-06-10, 04:19 AM
Nice work, well done mate.

Sgt. Emren
04-06-10, 04:51 AM
Very nice skins, Danevang!! :salute:

Vorkapitan
04-06-10, 06:55 PM
Can u make a skin that looks like a "Nude" women...that might attract more ships........:har::har::har:

kylania
04-06-10, 09:45 PM
Erm, mine appears to have reset itself? It was 58/1 last night, and tonight it's back to my UPlay skin? Anyone else see that happen?

Danevang
04-07-10, 12:45 AM
I think I know what the problem is, and why you had the problem with the dotted camouflage a few days ago. Are you using the UPlay camouflages on your boat? You should apply the standard non painted colour scheme in game, as my mod replaces those.

------------
What it does
------------
The mod replaces the standard (non camouflage) u-boat colour in the game. Therefore, just don't buy a camouflage in game, keep the standard colour, and the paint scheme you apply with this mod will show. Simple. :)

I hope this helps. :)

kylania
04-07-10, 12:47 AM
That's really odd, since it DID work earlier and I haven't changed the camo on my boat. Next patrol I'll switch it. Thanks!

Danevang
04-07-10, 04:43 AM
That's really odd, since it DID work earlier and I haven't changed the camo on my boat. Next patrol I'll switch it. Thanks!

What I thin happened, since it worked earlier, is that the camouflage bug on sometimes doesn't show the camouflage applied in game. Therefore, I believe, the times my mod worked on your boat, were the times the camouflage bug was doing it's thing, and was actually applying the default plain colour scheme. Other times the camouflage bug wasn't active, and the applied UPlay camo was showing.

That's my best guess, and it definately will fix the problem when you add the plain paint scheme to your boat the next time you're in base.:)

tonschk
04-08-10, 03:25 AM
Yes , looks like the deck was made of wood

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5837/sh5carotioforumreduced.png (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/sh5carotioforumreduced.png/)

Wood deck for VIIC.
use below link.

Danevang
04-08-10, 08:40 AM
Yeah, that's U-995 at Laboe, a VIIC/41 with late style planking on the deck. This was the later, and cheaper, way of making the deck, instead of the earilier slotted wooden one (this particular boat was comissioned on September 16th 1943).

I don't think that you should go by the colour of that new photo though, it doesn't appear to have the black preservative paint of the operational WW2 u-boats applied, and obviously doesn't look at all like a u-boat in use during war would.

But thanks for the picture though, great detail. :)

keith_uk
04-08-10, 02:07 PM
Thnaks for the mod.
Can you just run me through how to install it again please, as i'm not 100% sure.

Do i install the folder: Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps with JSGME first? I've done that and that folder ends up being listed in the main SH5 directory. The very first folder in the SH5 directory infact. Is this correct?

Then i install the cammo i want with JSGME also?

Thanks,

Keith.

Danevang
04-09-10, 12:16 AM
You need to put BOTH the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps" folder, AND the skin folder you want to use, i.e. "Danevangs PS 1.0 Type VIIC-std Blaugrau 58-1" folder, in your JSGME MOD directory, then install them with JSGME. They should not appear in the SH5 main directory! They just need to be treated as any other mod you might install.

I'll see if I can make the installation info in post #1 a little more precise. :)

keith_uk
04-14-10, 05:04 PM
I have unzipped the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps" folder to the SH5 MODS folder, i then unzipped the cammo i wanted "Danevangs PS 1.0 VIIC-upg Camo Wave" to the mods folder, but this folder automatically inserts itself inside the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps" folder and when installed with JSGME, the cammo doesnt work/show.

So i removed the "Danevangs PS 1.0 VIIC-upg Camo Wave" folder and manually placed it into the MODS folder and then when i install both the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps" folder and the "Danevangs PS 1.0 VIIC-upg Camo Wave" folder using JSGME, the cammo works....

But, as soon as the "Danevangs PS 1.0 Common VIIC Shadow Maps folder" is activated with JSGME, it DOES end up in the SH5 directory. Its there right now, if i deactivate this mod, then its gone from the directory, but it always comes back as soon as i activate it with JSGME.

Keith.

keith_uk
04-14-10, 05:19 PM
My mistake, it was the folder named Danevangs Paint Shop 1.0 Type VIIC Pack that i was installing. Its ok now.

Thanks,

Keith.

Danevang
04-15-10, 12:38 AM
I'm glad you got it to work. :) I've tried to make installation as user friendly as possible, but I'm not sure if I've explained the install process well enough (English not being my native language an all).

Should I change something in the install instructions, to make it clearer?

kylania
04-15-10, 01:37 AM
I'm glad you got it to work. :) I've tried to make installation as user friendly as possible, but I'm not sure if I've explained the install process well enough (English not being my native language an all).

Should I change something in the install instructions, to make it clearer?

How difficult would it be to simply add these camo options to the renown store for 0 cost? UPlay did it, I assume we could too. That way you'd have one install and configuring it would happen in game, just like any other paint option.

Danevang
04-15-10, 09:35 AM
How difficult would it be to simply add these camo options to the renown store for 0 cost? UPlay did it, I assume we could too. That way you'd have one install and configuring it would happen in game, just like any other paint option.

I've thought about that too, but untill the developers fix the camouflage not showing bug, that wouldn't be a very good solution. The reason I made this mod overwrite the standard paint scheme .dds files, is that they would show when the bug acted up. The paint schemes bought base, in game, would not be able to overwrite these same files, and so they would be affected by the bug too...that is, not show. So I'm affraid that wouldn't work...I think the current solution is the best one, until the bug is fixed.

Sgtmonkeynads
04-15-10, 10:33 AM
I was thinking of asking the same thing a few days ago. But with there being nothing else tospend my points on I thought this would be a good idea.
Currently I have more renown than I have ever had before, I'm wondering what you guys are spending yours on.

kylania
04-17-10, 09:25 PM
Currently I have more renown than I have ever had before, I'm wondering what you guys are spending yours on.

I'm about half way through Happy Times. I have the VIIC Upgraded tower and two dual flak guns. I could upgrade to the KDB hydrophone, but I haven't. There's nothing else I can upgrade and I have 30,000 renown...

mobucks
04-18-10, 08:09 AM
this mod is wonderbar, thanks man.

tonschk
04-18-10, 08:29 AM

To be exact , the properly german word is " Wunderbar = Wonderful "

Danevang
04-18-10, 10:41 AM

You're absolutely welcome. :salute:

LeBabouin
04-18-10, 04:36 PM
Danevang, do you still intend to paint the VII-A types too ?

Danevang
04-19-10, 01:07 AM
Yep, but it's going a little slow, as my exams are approaching with lightning speed. :03: But they will be done, and so will type VIIB.

Danevang
04-28-10, 01:35 PM
So...the VIIC skins have been our for a while, and I've noticed that quite a few people have downloaded them. I was wondering if any of you who have used the skins have any suggestions about things that might make them better, something you'd like to see improved, changed, something that should definately not be changed, etc. It would be nice to have a little feedback on good and bad before I really begin working on the VIIA and VIIB skins. :)

602Sqn_Puff
04-28-10, 03:18 PM
I love them.....now get on with those others........pretty please :)

KillerTube
04-29-10, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the beautiful work. got it and it looks great. Was getting tired of my dull sub already :up:. Robby maybe the sub your in didnt get a texture change. Danevang idk about you but i took your textures into photoshop and just added a sandstone texture with a relief of 1 and scale of 200 raised the contrast 25 and adjusted the hue saturation, lightened -15 to get a lil darker helps a lot. check out the despeckle option also under noise. all help refine the image and easy to add. add sandstone texture after the despeckle to get the rough feel, gets too smooth if u despeckle last. Thanks again for the great work.

robbythesub
04-29-10, 11:13 AM
Does this mod work mid campaign patrol, or only when you start a new career?
I have followed the installation instructions but it does not work for me mid patrol.

Stepe47
04-30-10, 01:54 AM
I can't tell for sure cause I have tried only one skin (and it's a very good work) but maybe a little more weathered and rusty skins?

Danevang
05-01-10, 01:17 PM
Does this mod work mid campaign patrol, or only when you start a new career?
I have followed the installation instructions but it does not work for me mid patrol.

If it soesn't work, it's' not installed properly. It replaces the standard grey colour scheme at ANY time. So...in game, have you applied a different paint scheme than the standard white? Also, have you installed the correct folder, for your u-boat and conning tower?

robbythesub
05-03-10, 11:25 AM
Yes I have installed as per your instructions.
I have the standard colour sub with standard conning tower, but the mod is not working, so I really dont understand it!

Danevang
05-03-10, 12:15 PM
I don't know then...

-Is your sub a type VIIC?
-DO you have the files properly installed? "type & conning tower paint"/data/ etc.

Other than that, I don't really know, sorry.

kapitanfred
05-03-10, 07:00 PM
Ah, that's why mine doesn't work either. It only works on a Type VIIC. I have the TYPE VIIA.

Danevang
05-04-10, 12:41 AM
Ah, that's why mine doesn't work either. It only works on a Type VIIC. I have the TYPE VIIA.

Yeah, that's kind of why the mod says Type VIIC about a million times (and why it's called type VIIC pack). :03: Hehe, doh. Stay sharp sailor! :|\\

robbythesub
05-04-10, 05:57 AM
Thats an interesting point but how do you find out which version of sub you have?

Danevang
05-04-10, 07:22 AM
Someone asked that same question in post #51. There's an image there that shows where you can see your type. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1345894&postcount=51

You begin the campaign with a VIIA, and soon after get a VIIC (you are asked if you want one). :)

robbythesub
05-05-10, 02:40 AM
I dont think this screen is visible except at the start of a new patrol when equipping your sub, which is why I cant see it mid patrol, so I will check it out when back in port before the next mission, which is probably why the mod is not working in my case (wrong sub type).
Thanks for your help! :up:

Danevang
05-05-10, 04:36 AM
If your sub has an external torpedo tube (long white thing on the back of the boat deck) it's a VIIA.

robbythesub
05-07-10, 01:45 PM
I dont have a reserve tube, just the one rear tube loaded with a torpedo.

I will check the sub type when I return to base.

Thanks

Kromus
05-07-10, 03:46 PM
I dont have a reserve tube, just the one rear tube loaded with a torpedo.

I will check the sub type when I return to base.

Thanks

VIIA, mystery solved.

Move your mouse over your sub on map (F3) and it will show your sub type...

robbythesub
05-08-10, 05:17 AM
Thanks Kromus- I knew there had to be a way, and you are absolutely right!

I know why this mod doesnt work now- mine is a VIIA !!

Will certainly use it if I get to type VIIC

Thanks to all. :up:

Danevang
05-14-10, 01:19 AM
Just a quick info if anyone should be in doubt: as this mod only changes a few .dds image files, it is ofcourse fully compatible with the new 1.2 patch. :)

LeBabouin
05-14-10, 02:30 AM
:woot: Thank you for this post.

ingsoc84
05-22-10, 12:51 AM
Can anyone be a bit more specific of how to install this mod? I want to use it, but I just cant figure out how to install the exact paint scheme I need, I guess I DONT install the whole paint mod into my jsgme, but must pic the specific scheme? I think Itried that, no luck, thanks!

kylania
05-22-10, 04:28 AM
Can anyone be a bit more specific of how to install this mod? I want to use it, but I just cant figure out how to install the exact paint scheme I need

Sure can! 720p HD video for how to install this mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuydQ01TFlI

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8659/danevang.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuydQ01TFlI)

MattDizzle
05-24-10, 02:09 PM
Could you make an accurate U-69 skin? With the front conning tower mounted flags, and correctly located and sized cow heads?

More pics and info in my [REQ] Thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170023

ingsoc84
05-25-10, 12:35 AM
Many many thanks, I will try this tonight, I think I have to start out a new campaign to select the scheme I want.

Danevang
05-25-10, 12:48 AM
Many thanks to Kylania for making that video! :DL I'm affraid I won't be back with SH5 moding for a few weeks, as I'm in the middle of my exams, so it's great that you guys have great answers to questions here. Very nice :)

Schultz
06-09-10, 02:43 PM
Good job Danevang, they look great

Capt Jack Harkness
06-09-10, 07:41 PM
Hey, would it be possible to change values for AI visual detection ranges with different paint schemes? It would be really cool if the camo had a real effect on gameplay instead of just eyecandy.

Danevang
06-10-10, 12:43 AM
Hey, would it be possible to change values for AI visual detection ranges with different paint schemes? It would be really cool if the camo had a real effect on gameplay instead of just eyecandy.

I have no idea about that, sorry. I'm not much of a coder (yet), I'm mostly into graphics. But perhaps you could ask some of the AI capable guys, it would definately be a great feature, if it's possible. :)

Capt Jack Harkness
06-10-10, 03:21 AM
Well on that note, it would probably be a good question for the RUB team, but I'm not sure anyone's heard from them in months...

tonschk
06-11-10, 07:57 AM
Hello there , do you think is possible to get a more rusty look version of your skins , I LOVE the Old fashion WWII Rusty Subs :rock:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z58/tonschk/uuuuu.jpg

Danevang
06-13-10, 07:24 AM
Sure, eventually I'll be making more skin variants. But for the moment I'm a bit focused on mods for Hearts of Iron 3, so the new skins probably won't be ready any time soon.

tonschk
06-13-10, 07:52 AM
:DL Thank you very very much :yeah:

Obelix
08-18-10, 11:14 PM
Hi Danevang.
Where can I download mod "Force Camouflage On 1.1b by Danevang"?
Thank's

Danevang
08-19-10, 08:11 AM
Hi Danevang.
Where can I download mod "Force Camouflage On 1.1b by Danevang"?
Thank's

You can't, that was the old mod. The "Danevangs Paint Shop 1.0 Type VIIC Pack" is the latest version. You can find it here: http://www.filefront.com/16027541/Danevangs-Paint-Shop-1.0-Type-VIIC-Pack.zip/

The General
08-19-10, 09:22 AM
Hi Danevang,

does your Mod include skins for Merchants? The game doesn't always load the skins for either Subs or surface vessels :-?. You seem like the man to make the merchants a bit more interesting, as they are they're just grey most of the time.

Danevang
08-20-10, 02:18 AM
Hi Danevang,

does your Mod include skins for Merchants? The game doesn't always load the skins for either Subs or surface vessels :-?. You seem like the man to make the merchants a bit more interesting, as they are they're just grey most of the time.

At the moment I don't play SH5 at all, and am quite busy modding for other games, so I can't promise that I'll ever get to that, sorry.

DavyJonesFootlocker
08-20-10, 06:40 AM
Great skins. Thanks a million.:DL

Danevang
08-22-10, 03:16 AM
Great skins. Thanks a million.:DL

You're welcome. :) I have to admit that I'm impressed that so many people like it. It's my first mod ever, and it's had 1652 downloads so far. :)

Carotio
08-22-10, 06:46 AM
You're welcome. :) I have to admit that I'm impressed that so many people like it. It's my first mod ever, and it's had 1652 downloads so far. :)

If you include the downloads from SHMF you can add:
May 353 downloads
June 393
July 231
August 72

Totally sofar since it was put up on SHMF: 1049+1652 = 2701 downloads

Sepp von Ch.
08-26-10, 07:11 AM
Danevang can you please adjust your famous U-552-skin with red devils and bull of Scapa flow?:03:

http://s4.postimage.org/y7MKJ.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Danevang
08-27-10, 01:19 PM
If you include the downloads from SHMF you can add:
May 353 downloads
June 393
July 231
August 72

Totally sofar since it was put up on SHMF: 1049+1652 = 2701 downloads

Wow, that is a lot. :)

Sbygneus
01-10-11, 10:58 AM
Danevang,
would it be difficult for you to add this U-703 coning tower painting to your Hellgrau 50 Standard painting scheme? This is my favourite boat. I already have U-703 emblem made. I need only this skin to be happy :)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=429&pictureid=3540

Illyustrator
01-10-11, 12:04 PM
Danevang,
would it be difficult for you to add this U-703 coning tower painting to your Hellgrau 50 Standard painting scheme? This is my favourite boat. I already have U-703 emblem made. I need only this skin to be happy :)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=429&pictureid=3540

I looked your reference. There it: "Commissioning of U-703" :hmmm:

http://i4.imageban.ru/out/2011/01/10/cb2d64a712ee67fbb4933dc1d4265dfb.jpg

Sbygneus
01-10-11, 12:49 PM
Hmm...
Here is oryginal description of my image:

Boats_to_the_left_and_right_are_U-251_(barely_visible)_U-408,_U-255_and_U-703

Illyustrator, where did you find your picture?

Illyustrator
01-10-11, 01:00 PM
Hmm...
Here is oryginal description of my image:

Boats_to_the_left_and_right_are_U-251_(barely_visible)_U-408,_U-255_and_U-703

Illyustrator, where did you find your picture?

There, where also an emblem...:DL Yours the reference. (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1567341&postcount=12)

Sbygneus
01-10-11, 01:03 PM
On the page I found my picture there is a description of 4 u-boats returning to Narvik after PQ17 dectruction. The first to arrive was U251, then U408 then Reche's U255 and the last to arrive was U-703
link:
http://www.uboatarchive.net/U-355PQ17Photos.htm

Maybe it was camouflaged later?

Illyustrator
01-10-11, 01:09 PM
On the page I found my picture there is a description of 4 u-boats returning to Narvik after PQ17 dectruction. The first to arrive was U251, then U408 then Reche's U255 and the last to arrive was U-703
link:
http://www.uboatarchive.net/U-355PQ17Photos.htm

Maybe it was camouflaged later?

I will not argue. Itself I am not the eyewitness.:) To whom to trust?:06:

Sbygneus
01-10-11, 01:19 PM
I will not argue. Itself I am not the eyewitness.:) To whom to trust?:06:

Yes thats right. I like the look of this blackened coning tower top though. Was the purpose to imitate a small sail boat? It looks so to me.:hmmm:

Danevang
01-10-11, 01:36 PM
Danevang,

I'm affraid not. I'm not working on any SH5 mods anymore, I got very tired of the state of the game, and have been modding other games since then.

So I'm not going to do anymore work on this (unless I some day find myself with a lot of free time...not likely). Sorry.

Sbygneus
01-10-11, 02:22 PM
I'm affraid not. I'm not working on any SH5 mods anymore, I got very tired of the state of the game, and have been modding other games since then.

So I'm not going to do anymore work on this (unless I some day find myself with a lot of free time...not likely). Sorry.

No problem, you have done much already. Thanks for replay!

TheBeast
03-31-11, 02:00 AM

I use to feel the same way Danevang.

After I apllied the >3072 Memory Utilization to SH5.EXE and ran the OS utility to tell OS to allow it, the game is very stable now. I rarely get any CTD now but it does happen once in a while. Before I applied the memory change the game crash almost like clock work every hour or so.

My OS is Windows Vista Premium 32 bit

marleymen
03-31-11, 01:48 PM
Avoid Vista as you can. Upgrade to Win 7. :yeah:

Jaguar
03-31-11, 03:09 PM
Avoid Vista as you can. Upgrade to Win 7. :yeah:

I subscribe that. Did this and the overall performance of the game in my old rig improved considerably. Itīs also easy to install over Vista :03: .

TheBeast
04-01-11, 09:53 PM
I've been price shopping for a new system for the last couple weeks.
Window Vista is not even an option for choice of OS where I have been looking. So I will end up with Windows 7 soon.

Looks like Privateer may be getting another upgrade soon.:haha:

Danevang
04-16-11, 05:21 AM
My problem with SH5 is really not the crashes (as annoying as that is), but the amount of bugs and the lack of interest in the game from the publisher/developer after release. You know, what everyone complains about. Anyway, another company is actually paying me to mod in what I like in their games, so it's a no brainer, I will leave SH5. :) I'm glad though that others are enjoying the work I did do on these skins. :)

Stormfly
04-16-11, 10:24 AM
yes man, your skins are well done mate, Thank You :up:

elstupidop007
10-27-11, 10:38 AM
Hi link for download is broken.

vitovt13
10-29-11, 03:16 AM
Hi link for download is broken.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20938258/Danevangs+Paint+Shop+1.0+Type+VIIC+Pack.zip
Best regards:Kaleun_Party:

tonschk
10-29-11, 07:37 AM
:DL Thank you very much :yeah: vitovt13 :salute:

elstupidop007
11-02-11, 01:48 PM
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20938258/Danevangs+Paint+Shop+1.0+Type+VIIC+Pack.zip
Best regards:Kaleun_Party:
tnx

PfeilSpain
02-01-13, 01:09 PM
Links for download are down.

V13dweller
02-03-13, 09:06 AM
Do you think you could provide some screenshots of this mod?

GT182
02-03-13, 09:25 AM
V13, download it and then open with 7Zip. Click and open the first file you see, go to Documents and open. You'll see a Jpeg with all variations. :salute:

There are no skins included for the Type VIIC/41. ;)

V13dweller
02-04-13, 03:50 AM
Thanks, this helped quite a bit, since I installed OHII I am not up to the VIIC yet.:D

GT182
02-04-13, 09:59 AM
You're welcome.

I've had the C/41 since the beginning. :03: I cheated. :yep: LOL

Saromus
10-27-13, 07:03 PM
Can someone reupload this mod? It seems that none of the links are working (including the one posted on the previous page 12). Thanks in advance.

Echolot
10-27-13, 07:13 PM
Hi.

You can download the mod (http://sh5mods.silenthuntermods.com/Danevang/Danevangs%20Paint%20Shop%201.0%20Type%20VIIC%20Pac k.zip) from here (http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/index.php?topic=463.0) (www.silenthuntermods.com (http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2a1d8bc8094ef091aec98a1f23e64e 27&)).

Das_Booties
01-22-14, 01:10 AM
filefront says that the file is not found, and redirects me to the gamefront home page. :/\\!!

Edit: I'm a dumb ass, thank you Echolot :)

Edit 2: Installed it via JSGME after watching the video and nothing happens :( I chose the correct type of conning tower, have the default paint selected, and my boat just shows up as normal.

gap
01-22-14, 02:08 AM
Edit 2: Installed it via JSGME after watching the video and nothing happens :( I chose the correct type of conning tower, have the default paint selected, and my boat just shows up as normal.

Are you commanding a VIIC yet?

Das_Booties
01-22-14, 11:46 AM
Are you commanding a VIIC yet?

Just realized I'm commanding a Type VIIA. :(

How do I go about upgrading to a VIIC?

gap
01-22-14, 02:27 PM
How do I go about upgrading to a VIIC?

Achievements over time, i.e sink 'em all :D :up:

ckeiser7
03-03-15, 04:34 PM
None of the filefront links seem to work for me... Is this the only link?

ReallyDedPoet
03-03-15, 06:22 PM
I'll see if I can track this down. If I find it I will upload it here. It is a nice mod.

kevinsue
03-03-15, 08:41 PM
It's a shame when these mods disappear into oblivion. Be great if you could track it down and reupload it. Some of the original SH5 players may still have it somewhere in their file archives.:salute:

Echolot
03-04-15, 04:46 AM
A mediafire link. (http://www.mediafire.com/download/4va6su8s90n33bp/Danevangs+Paint+Shop+1.0+Type+VIIC+Pack.zip)

ReallyDedPoet
03-04-15, 07:37 AM
A mediafire link. (http://www.mediafire.com/download/4va6su8s90n33bp/Danevangs+Paint+Shop+1.0+Type+VIIC+Pack.zip)

Nicely done :up: