PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Reduced tonnage amounts in stock campaign?

acog
03-10-10, 09:03 PM
Could anyone look into the possibility of a mod that lowers the stock campaign amounts in the various choices presented to us? 200k tons for one of the objectives is just silly in my opinion. Perhaps lower it by 40% maybe, for all mission choices across the board?

winkelmander
03-11-10, 01:47 AM
yes I agree with that! The Tonnage requested in the campaign missions are totally unrealistic. A U-Boot captian was happy when he brought about 20.000 tonnes home and returned alive!

kylania
03-11-10, 01:52 AM
No kidding, seeing 150,000t in the first two missions blew me away considering the best captains pulled down much less in the whole war. Granted, those were the early captains with the high tonnages, but not this high! heh

Ragtag
03-11-10, 02:23 AM
Heh, when finishing a campaign one would probably have 3 million tons sunk with this rate:woot:

jdkbph
03-11-10, 10:29 AM
How else would a single u boat be able to affect the war to an appreciable degree?... as apparently one can in this game's campaign system.

:o

JD

The General
03-11-10, 10:40 AM
I agree, a major oversight by the Devs. One of the intros just gets done telling us that the most successful U-boat Ace of the whole war sank 300 000 tons and in the first mission they want 50 000 out of a 'green' commander?! :stare:

Patch 1.2 should contain the following:

1: Framerates still too slow (especially in the Control Room). More optimization/streamlining needed.

2: Removal of Orange outlines, a change of cursor is fine. MODDED :)

3: Surface vessels look like they're half-submerged at the 3/4's distance range. Same with the Moon.

4: 3D Clock should display current time, as it did in SH3 & 4.

5: 'Sub-on-rails' still apparent. It bobs up and down evenly in the swells, when it should pitch aswell. MODDED :)

6: All Hatches closed and Periscopes down at start-up.

7: U.I. needs to be reconfigured. Reintroduction of the classic three dials. MODDED :)

8: What's with all the air-patrols at night?! Did the Brits invent night-vision goggles alot sooner than we thought?!

9: Need an auto-navigate Kiel canal feature (a la GWX).

10: Once a Tool-tip has been seen (How to use the mouse for example), I don't ever wanna see it again.

12: Reduction of mission tonnages for success.

Ziggy
03-11-10, 10:55 AM
I think it's balanced for game play rather than history. If you cant get at least 30,000 tons a patrol in this game you are doing something wrong. Even with a 70% hit rate, I managed the 50k in the first month of the war. If those were set to realistic levels the war would be done in half a year.

L3TUC3
03-11-10, 11:32 AM
This is not all that hard to change yourself. Load up the mission editor and select a mission (e.g. Total germany). Then select campaign and edit campaign. Here you can see all the missions and their objectives. All you have to do is change IsTonnage number the Amount objective to something lower.

Edit: even easier is to go into the campaign objects folder and edit the campaign.cfg

The General
03-11-10, 01:50 PM
This is not all that hard to change yourself. Load up the mission editor and select a mission (e.g. Total germany). Then select campaign and edit campaign. Here you can see all the missions and their objectives. All you have to do is change IsTonnage number the Amount objective to something lower.

Edit: even easier is to go into the campaign objects folder and edit the campaign.cfgOk, thanks.

LiveGoat
03-11-10, 02:24 PM
I'm wondering why there are mission tonnage requirements at all.

gimpy117
03-11-10, 02:35 PM
I tried messing with the CFG nothing happened? help?!!!

Vikinger
03-11-10, 02:40 PM
I will look into this and change the values to 50% for tonnage.
And lower the amount of specific ships to sink.

Gona try and alter the Norweigean invasion mission also so the time line better fits the historical happening. After the Invasion took place , if you do the mission , there is real difficult to find targets and finish of the mission.

Suggestion from me is to call this mod Light Campaign LC.

The General
03-11-10, 02:40 PM
I tried messing with the CFG nothing happened? help?!!!Go to:

SH5/Data/Campaigns/CampaignsProjects/Total_Germany/Campaign.cfg

In there you'll find something like this:

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.PersObj 1]
PersObjType=0
Name=Sink_10,000_tons_on_the_British_Eastern_Coast
Description=Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.PersObj 1.Description
RelatedMapLocations=Line_BCW
IsCompleted=false
[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.PersObj 1.Amount]
IsTonnage=true
Tonnage=10000
NumOfShips=0

Red indicates the change from 50 000 to 10 000. There's one with 100 000 that I changed to 20 000 too. Good luck :up:

gimpy117
03-11-10, 03:05 PM
Go to:

SH5/Data/Campaigns/CampaignsProjects/Total_Germany/Campaign.cfg

In there you'll find something like this:

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.PersObj 1]
PersObjType=0
Name=Sink_10,000_tons_on_the_British_Eastern_Coast
Description=Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.PersObj 1.Description
RelatedMapLocations=Line_BCW
IsCompleted=false
[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.PersObj 1.Amount]
IsTonnage=true
Tonnage=10000
NumOfShips=0

Red indicates the change from 50 000 to 10 000. There's one with 100 000 that I changed to 20 000 too. Good luck :up:

that's exactly what i did...

L3TUC3
03-11-10, 03:27 PM
that's exactly what i did...

Sorry, it seems that editing just the .cfg does alter the amount needed to sink, but won't show the changes in game as the descriptions are stored somewhere else. It seems you'll have to change those in the editor.

The General
03-11-10, 03:32 PM
Sorry, it seems that editing just the .cfg does alter the amount needed to sink, but won't show the changes in game as the descriptions are stored somewhere else. It seems you'll have to change those in the editor.Ok, do we know how to do that exactly?

L3TUC3
03-11-10, 03:47 PM
Ok, do we know how to do that exactly?

Yes.

Run MissionEditor2.exe and open Total_Germany.pj. In the toolbar click campaign and select "edit campaign".

You'll see a screen with all the missions within the campaign (e.g. invasion of poland, operation weserubung etc). Look for the ones that have "Amount (xxxxx tons)" listed under persistent objectives.

First unfold (if necessary) the mission tree entry "British Supplies" and click on "Sink_100.000_tons_of_cargo_in_South_Western_Approa ches". A new tree will show on the right hand side. Under Misc you'll see Description and Name. Click on the entry next to them so you can type there. Just change the 100,000 to 50,000 (or whatever you want the amount to be) in both entries.

Next, click on "Amount" in the mission tree on the left. A data tree appears on the right, but will only show "Misc". Expand misc by clicking the little +. You'll see two entries; an IsTonnage boolean and a Tonnage integer. Change the number after tonnage to the amount you set as the objective (I set it to 50,000) for sinking in the previous step.

Repeat this until you've done all the tonnage missions in the other campaign .pj's.

Edit:

I found the descriptions: they're in Campaign.tsr. You can open that with a text editor and fix the descriptions there too. Probably faster in combination with campaign.cfg.

ATR-42
03-11-10, 04:19 PM
L3TUC3
thank you for that write up, you saved me a lot of frustration. a solid solution. :yeah:

The General
03-11-10, 04:28 PM
Woah, slow down, I'm writing..."missioneditor2.exe". Ok, where is this mission editor2?

L3TUC3
03-11-10, 04:42 PM
Woah, slow down, I'm writing..."missioneditor2.exe". Ok, where is this mission editor2?

I just finished up changing all the files. Expect the reduced campaign tonnage mod (if you can call it that) up in a bit.

sergei
03-11-10, 04:57 PM

In the same folder as your SH5 exe.

Vikinger
03-11-10, 05:00 PM
Il guess we will se a few different mods on this soon then :D

iam working on some changes also.

But its good whit versitality :D

And ive found 3 bugs so far on some mission so they where impossible to finish.

L3TUC3
03-11-10, 05:07 PM
Il guess we will se a few different mods on this soon then :D

iam working on some changes also.

But its good whit versitality :D

And ive found 3 bugs so far on some mission so they where impossible to finish.

Really? I only paid attention to the tonnage. I did notice a few also had a shipamount in addition to just tonnage. Didn't touch those as the bool should take precedence over shipamount.

I did find one mission that listed tonnage as the requirement in the description but didn't have it set in the files.

Silly UBI.

Edit: Mod's up: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1309367#post1309367

Ablemaster
03-11-10, 05:14 PM
Reduced campaign tonnage mod would be a step in the right direction for many here, first time i saw my mission objectives and sink 100,000 tons i thought yeh right, your having a laugh. See both sides of the coin here and geared towards the more arcade player in order to effect the dynamic campaign, but for us realism junkies i can see a major reworking here.

Vikinger
03-11-10, 06:04 PM
Really? I only paid attention to the tonnage. I did notice a few also had a shipamount in addition to just tonnage. Didn't touch those as the bool should take precedence over shipamount.

I did find one mission that listed tonnage as the requirement in the description but didn't have it set in the files.

Silly UBI.

Edit: Mod's up: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1309367#post1309367

Another bug i found was a tonnage mission but you was also needed to sink 20 ships in conjuction. And that was not listed at all.
Some people have reported that even if they fullfill the goals they cant finish the misison, perhaps this will solve it by correcting some of the missions.

The General
03-12-10, 04:19 AM
Mod's up: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1309367#post1309367 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1309367#post1309367 God)[/QUOTE] God bless yous Tiny Tim :up: