PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Is there a MiniTweaker for SH5?

Jessica
03-10-10, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know of a MiniTweaker (like the ones for SH3 and SH4) for SH5? I’ve tried using the old one, but it doesn’t work.

CrocodileDundee
03-10-10, 08:48 AM
You can use a HEX editor (I personally use HexEdit 4.72) to tweak around the *.sim, *.sns and *.zon files. The values you're looking for are 32bit floats.

S3D also works with some SH5 files.

Jessica
03-10-10, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I’ve already tried using a hex editor on .zon and .sim files, but I can’t make sense of it. It’s all gibberish to me.

Can any one help?

Wilcke
03-10-10, 10:16 AM
You can use the Goblin Editor that came with SH5, it will allow you to edit .dat, sim, zon files. For the Granny files you can try S3D by skwas available here in the forum but there are limitations and issues related to the Granny file itself and how S3D interacts with it...

Happy Hunting!

skwasjer
03-10-10, 10:20 AM
You have it backwards, wilcke ;) S3D does not support gr2 files, only the dat/sim/zon/val/sdl etc. But even these files are not fully compatible due to new introduced with SH5. Back to hex/MT... And the Goblin editor supports gr2,dat,sim, but can't save every DAT file (at least not the ones with more than one rootnode I was told)

CrocodileDundee
03-10-10, 01:01 PM
I tried opening *.sim and *.zon files with Goblin but I get an error. Something about some required dlls missing. Anyway just opens a blank with no controllers.

Anyone had the same issue?

lorka42
03-10-10, 01:06 PM
I've had some limited success with the goblin editor you need to first open the gr2 file of whatever youre trying to edit, then merge the associated sim zon chr like it says in the post http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162013
although every time i tried to merge the cam file for the sub it crashes lol
also you need to goto options and put in the sh5 directory manually, i.e. C:/games/ubisoft/sh5 in both places i believe