PDA

View Full Version : Enemy crews what happened to them?

Drednots
03-09-10, 04:42 PM
I guess I will give a shot at a request. Probably not doable unless there is a mad scientist able to tackle this. Enjoying the game but one big disappointment for me in SH5 was not taking the ships you attack to the next level. There some positives, flames shooting from portholes, holes in the hull more detailed, etc. But there are a few things I wish they could have done in this series:

1. The CREW. In SH4 at least they died. Now they stroll around casually with their ship in flames. There is so much potential to make them randomly react.
-Entering and exiting doors (no doors opening, just more crew on deck, sometimes less).
-Trying to put the fire out
-Grabbing fire hose
-Rolling on the deck on fire
-Jumping overboard
-Trying to lower lifeboats (what happened to lifeboats?)
-Screaming (not always can be rare)

Since the main focus of the game is sinking ships, IMO I think having details like this make it that much more enjoyable. I would watch every ship I sank to see how the crew reacted. The small chance of watching someone jumping overboard on fire would make the hunt that much more fun.

2. More realistic ship damage, listing, not breaking apart so much (or completely). Most here probably heard rants about the MASTS. They bounce off the ships still like a ball. I think ships sink a bit too easy.

However for all I know, the game engine does not support this. Anyway, just a nerd's observations on my first few patrols and wondered if I was only one who thought this. Happy hunting.

McHibbins
03-09-10, 04:53 PM
Iīm just wondering...

SH3 has debris (more debris and lifeboats with a mod), SH4 has lifeboats and debris....SH5 few crates and thatīs all !?

Highbury
03-09-10, 05:03 PM
Iīm just wondering...

SH3 has debris (more debris and lifeboats with a mod), SH4 has lifeboats and debris....SH5 few crates and thatīs all !?

Yessir, and the crew of sunken ships still stroll the deck enjoying the sunny day when they are 100m under :nope:

Definitely something that could be addressed.

KayeM
03-09-10, 05:27 PM
Yessir, and the crew of sunken ships still stroll the deck enjoying the sunny day when they are 100m under :nope:

Definitely something that could be addressed.

Actually when running SH5 in admin compatibility mode the crew disappears when the ship sinks/heavy dmg was dealt. Can anyone confirm this as it just can be me...

Soviet_Warlord
03-10-10, 01:56 AM
Actually when running SH5 in admin compatibility mode the crew disappears when the ship sinks/heavy dmg was dealt. Can anyone confirm this as it just can be me...

Compatibility mode should make no difference on this whatsoever.

Vikinger
03-10-10, 02:09 AM
There is a lot of improvements to make on the ships.

The crew behaviour.
Life rafts,
Debris,
New years eve fire explosions when a ship goes boom and every ship is totaly engulfed in flames before it sinks.
Oilslicks.
Better damage model for torpedo and gun damage.

And have you noticed that not a single ship in the game have external cargo anymore.