PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] bring back the band at port.

oscar19681
03-08-10, 05:58 PM
Is it possible to bring back the band from sh-3 when we left/returned for/from a patrol? I mean it really did make me feel like a real u-boat ace with al the people waiting for us at the pier and the music and stuff. And i guess i just loved those women trowing those flowers at me!

Dowly
03-08-10, 06:00 PM
Would love to have it back. Feel so empty leaving without the band playing Muss I Denn. :cry:

oscar19681
03-08-10, 06:01 PM
I dont have the game yet. But it was the first thing i noticed when the information started flowing.

audessy
03-09-10, 12:31 AM
It might be a little odd though considering when you're on foot at the u-boat pen you're looking at the exact same scene when you get on the conning tower.

In other words when you're picking a new mission or upgrading your u-boat the band is going to be playing. Not like the old days when you telewarp from a office to your tower.

Capt.Warner
03-09-10, 12:32 AM
I want that music back so bad,brings back good times.:)

ingsoc84
03-09-10, 12:37 AM
Ditto, band should be there!:yeah:

Sgtmonkeynads
03-09-10, 03:09 AM
"The Band ?" "The Band !"

Getting the band back together, would be "A mission from God !"

1/2 tank of gas, Half a pack of ciggeretts, 1200 Miles to Kiel, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit It.

kylania
03-09-10, 03:17 AM
One must not forget the nurses! :yeah:

oscar19681
03-09-10, 06:57 AM
It might be a little odd though considering when you're on foot at the u-boat pen you're looking at the exact same scene when you get on the conning tower.

In other words when you're picking a new mission or upgrading your u-boat the band is going to be playing. Not like the old days when you telewarp from a office to your tower.

They dont have to put the band near the pens. They could put them at a point you go outbound like in das boot.

Sailor Steve
03-09-10, 12:10 PM
Would love to have it back. Feel so empty leaving without the band playing Muss I Denn. :cry:
Only Muss I Denn? I created a Loading Screens mod for SH3 Commander that randomizes 9 different marches. I have one that does 25, but can't upload it currently.

Dowly
03-09-10, 12:31 PM
I prefer Muss I Denn. :yep: Das Boot thing you know. :03:

AVGWarhawk
03-09-10, 12:41 PM
Just bring the nurses and working girls back. A guy with a tuba really does nothing for me. :03:

oscar19681
03-13-10, 07:50 PM
bump

thorn69
03-15-10, 10:25 PM
LOL!!! This band?! :nope:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tGNI_UcHDQ

kylania
03-15-10, 11:15 PM
LOL!!! This band?! :nope:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tGNI_UcHDQ

Oh Memories! :yeah:

Ducimus
03-15-10, 11:27 PM
I kidnapped them. Here they are... playing Anchors aweigh in Pearl Harbor!

http://www.ducimus.net/sh415/preview/pearl_band_03.jpg
:har:

Easy to do if you can open the harbor dat file with S3D and insert nodes. If you can't, try the goblin editor. The band is gone i think in SH4, so probably SH5 as well. So you'll have to canabalize them out of SH3.

I never did get that band reskinned in a US navy uniform. phhhhhttt. :rotfl2:

edit:

If the harbor file is in a GR2 format (probably is), you can't use S3D, and i don't think the goblin editor allows you to insert and position nodes like S3D.

However........ Dan told me that SH5 will still accept Dat files. So if the new harbor file is just like an old harbor file in positioning, size, etc. then you could edit an older one, and swap the file out, removing the GR2. - assuming what Dan told me is correct, that SH5 will still accept dats. Failing all that, you'll need a hex editing guru, which i ain't.