PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Warship Spotted!

Stevepine
03-08-10, 01:27 PM
I would love the re introdcution of the old SH3 style window that warned you when ever a warship was sighted on the horizon.

I have been in time compression a few times and time compression has not cancelled before I am within 30 meters of a British destroyer sending me to the depths.

and yet also..... in contrast....

My crew seem to sometimes have terminator style zoomable vision and be able to see ships that arent there yet!

Anyone else have these problems?

gimpy117
03-08-10, 01:31 PM
check id travel mode is engaged
otherwise chock it up to the list of broken features

Stevepine
03-08-10, 01:54 PM
check id travel mode is engaged
otherwise chock it up to the list of broken features

Yeah I always am really careful to take off travel mode :)

Sgtmonkeynads
03-08-10, 01:55 PM
Yup, I was at 1024 going home when all of a sudden, it goes to a cut scene. I thought it was a cut scene, it was a very nice movie of me being ran over by a DD. I died..that is why I'm hear, and not playing.

Oh, and I never use travel mode, so what gives ?

Ziggy
03-08-10, 01:57 PM
Yeah I think this is a universal problem. I hate that it takes you down to x8 instead of x1 when something is spotted. A lot can happen in x8 while you are figuring out what the hell is going on.

Also driving me nuts when watch crew spot ships that are 20+ km away but other times don't spot them at all.

jimimadrid
03-08-10, 02:43 PM
Yeah I think this is a universal problem. I hate that it takes you down to x8 instead of x1 when something is spotted. A lot can happen in x8 while you are figuring out what the hell is going on.

Go in MyDocuments\SH5\Data\cfg
open main.cfg with an editor and change EnemyDetected=8,64 to EnemyDetected=1,32

Stevepine
03-08-10, 04:47 PM
open main.cfg with an editor and change EnemyDetected=8,64 to EnemyDetected=1,32

Having never edited CFG editor program before I dont want to play around and mess something up... anyone know an idiots guide on how to use one?

or another solution? lol

Wolfmanjack
03-08-10, 05:16 PM
you have never used notepad steve?

Open it in notepad..

Stevepine
03-08-10, 05:54 PM
you have never used notepad steve?

Open it in notepad..

Ok Im a noob I know! :) Thanks for the advice :up:

Stevepine
03-08-10, 06:00 PM

OK great, changed that........ So what effect will that have ? Im guessing when a ship is detected I will slow down to 1 x speed now ....not 8?

if so..... :rock: :sunny: and thanks a lot!!

Highbury
03-08-10, 08:12 PM
That is exactly what should happen ;)

Sgtmonkeynads
03-08-10, 08:48 PM
It says the second value is for travel mode, so shouldn;t you switch it to 1,1 instead of 1,32
if your useing travel mode in enemy waters:88)

Church SUBSIM
03-08-10, 09:24 PM
I don't think this is working as advertised ... here are my settings and they are not taking place in game with the exception of spotting aircraft ... i tried having a setting for both default and for travel mode ... and this which most are set for both.

I think this needs to be patched.

[TIME COMPRESSION]
; The first value is the default one, the second value is used when 'travel mode' is activated.
; The two values should be separated by a comma.
; If only one value is specified, that value is used for both default and travel mode.
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=8,8192
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=256
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=32
FriendDetected=256,8192
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=32
PrayState=256
HunterState=256
3DRender=32
Maximum=8192

TheBeast
04-15-10, 10:43 AM
I don't think this is working as advertised ... here are my settings and they are not taking place in game with the exception of spotting aircraft ... i tried having a setting for both default and for travel mode ... and this which most are set for both.

[TIME COMPRESSION]
; The first value is the default one, the second value is used when 'travel mode' is activated.
; If only one value is specified, that value is used for both default and travel mode.
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=8,8192
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=256
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=32
FriendDetected=256,8192
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=32
PrayState=256
HunterState=256
3DRender=32
Maximum=8192
Why isn't information like this provided by UbiSoft in the first place and if they do provide this information, where is it?:06:
There is just way to much undocumented things that users need to know but are not made aware.:hmmm:
Honostly, after this latest SH5 release I really do not think I will ever purchase anything from UbiSoft or affiliates ever again.
Just to get the correct tools to MOD would end up costing the end user over $10,000.00 US. I know there are work arounds that you have to jump through several whoops to do but they work (Total PITA).

Kromus
04-15-10, 02:40 PM

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=8,8192
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=256
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=32
FriendDetected=256,8192
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=32
PrayState=256
HunterState=256
3DRender=32
Maximum=8192

What is not working there? Are you editing main.cfg in "main game directory" or in "Documents and settings" directory?

7thSeal
04-15-10, 02:48 PM

Or you can set it to EnemyDetected=1
It will then use that number for dropping the compression for both standard and travel mode.

Don't forget to set it to that for detecting planes aswell if you decide to use the Plane Attack mod... they'll get you if you stay in time compression. :)