PDA

View Full Version : Things that would be useful to change

Stevepine
03-05-10, 05:41 PM
Have you noticed how the watch officer on the bridge regularly points to the horizon( like every 30 seconds or so ) even when there is nothing there but clear sea and sky? Makes the poor guy look stupid really.

I would imagine animations must be hard to mod but it would be great to have your crew's actions making sense in this way.

I playerd for the first time today and added all the mods available and its good to see that the game is at least playable and on its way to being fun.

Keep up the good work! :)

ironkross
03-05-10, 05:50 PM
It's fun for me now. The first time I played it I was ready to sail the disc across the front yard like a frisbee; but I gave it another chance. CCIP's Key Commands mod really helps a lot. I don't know why Ubisoft wanted to change up commands that had worked well for 4 games.
One thing I noticed from the bridge, and this isn't a game breaker either, but the moon faced the wrong direction, the sunny side faced away from the sun.
I think this game will be top notch once these little bugs and annoyances are worked out, either thru patches or the excellent modding community here at Subsim.

H.B.
03-05-10, 05:52 PM
Perhaps he sees whales or dolphins? :06:
I don't like him constantly looking through the UZO while the periscope is out and totally blocking the view.

When you dive the crew often keeps on the bridge while it is already under water.

When you dive on alert the crew does ...nothing (they should run to the front section).

Heretic
03-05-10, 05:53 PM
mine doesn't :D
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1296272&postcount=461

sergei
03-05-10, 05:55 PM
Heretic has already improved this. A 4 man watch crew, with binoculars, not all pointing out their favorite clouds.
See post 461 of the screenshots thread.

EDIT: Damnit, he beat me here!

Heretic
03-05-10, 06:09 PM
I'll see if I can throw together a quick and dirty mod later on this evening , if I make make it presentable.

etheberge
03-05-10, 06:12 PM
mine doesn't :D
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1296272&postcount=461

Holy crap I almost missed this. Gimme gimme gimme :up:

Highbury
03-05-10, 06:53 PM
Holy crap I almost missed this. Gimme gimme gimme :up:

Yes please! :yeah:

reaper7
03-05-10, 07:05 PM
I'll see if I can throw together a quick and dirty mod later on this evening , if I make make it presentable.

Wow. Incredible, what more can be said. Look forward to it. :yeah: