PDA

View Full Version : Will they work for SH3/4?

ETR3(SS)
03-02-10, 06:17 PM
Since SH5 is coming with some mod tools, can anyone confirm/deny if they will work for previous installments of the game? So can anyone who has the game answer this?

Safe-Keeper
03-02-10, 06:27 PM
No, no, no, the question is: Will old mods work for SH5:03:?

:cough: GWX :cough:

Probably the answer is no, though.

Sailor Steve
03-02-10, 06:55 PM
No, no, no, the question is: Will old mods work for SH5:03:?

:cough: GWX :cough:

Probably the answer is no, though.
Since it didn't work for SH4, the answer is difinitely "no".

On the other hand, how much of that particular setup, or any other, will be required for SH5? What from GWX do you want to see here?

Safe-Keeper
03-02-10, 07:10 PM
All of it:O:!

Seriously, though, GWX really wasn't about one particular feature or another, it was more that it flooded the game with so much content that it just overwhelmed you. If I had to pick one thing, though, it'd probably be the realism. Which I realize is more of a huge category than a single feature, but there you have it.

Sailor Steve
03-02-10, 07:15 PM
:O: Yourself! That doesn't help!:D

What does GWX have that SH5 doesn't already? I'm sure there are some things, but who knows what yet?

Ducimus
03-02-10, 07:19 PM
I think he's in love with the "character" of the mod. Super mods tend to take on a character quality all their own that makes them unique. I really don't think its about realism in the strict sense of the word, since every supermod has their own interpretation of it.

Sailor Steve
03-02-10, 07:24 PM
Good point. I wasn't looking at it that way.

But now that you mention it, whenever I complain about those things I'd still like to see put into SH4, it is more than just the items, it is also the feel.

Thanks for clearing that up for my poor old addled brain.

CCIP
03-02-10, 07:31 PM
Heh, you can throw all kinds of numbers and features at players, but yep, there's always that... Players do tend to start kicking and screaming just because the game doesn't "feel" the same without a certain item. I know that's a popular thing with the SHIV vs. SHIII debates, where many people proclaim that somehow "SHIV sucks" even though objectively it is and always has been a better platform than SHIII (in all except a few features that strangely got messed up between III and IV). But fanboys will just scream that it's not and never will be as good, even if it's factually better.

I will try the tools later today, but I suspect the answer to most of these is "no". The only one that COULD potentially apply is the 3D model editor, but even that is doubtful. There is no way that the terrain editor, menu editor or script validator will work because all these features are almost completely reprogrammed in SHV, i.e. the terrain and menus in SHV look almost nothing like the previous games, and the scripts are brand new.

ETR3(SS)
03-02-10, 11:28 PM
Thanks CCIP. Look forward to hearing back when you get the time!:salute: