PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Real Flooding

Darkreaver1980
02-18-10, 04:50 AM
Hi there, Ubisoft already stated that its impossible to drown, this means the water level wont rise higher as your knee.

I dont think its hard to mod it so that the water will rise till the room is full (game over) instead having the room full with 1/5 water and getting game over :haha:

Nisgeis
02-18-10, 08:41 AM
What makes you think it won't rise to the top? It does that in SH4 and they don't drown either.

martes86
02-18-10, 09:19 AM
Yeah... maybe it's the player the one that doesn't drown (who knows? now that we can "walk" and make noise as we "walk", and touch stuff and such, we might be able to drown... that'd be fun).

Nisgeis
02-18-10, 10:13 AM
Actually, being able to escape by operating the escape gear - flodding and then going through the escape hatch would be great. Better than an abandon ship button. Maybe just climb down and jump off the side after surfacing :-).

kptn_kaiserhof
02-20-10, 12:00 PM
that would be good

Galanti
02-23-10, 07:53 AM
Hi there, Ubisoft already stated that its impossible to drown, this means the water level wont rise higher as your knee.
:haha:

Perhaps they mean it's impossible for the characters to drown, as they're now more like NPCs than crew members and it's verboten for them to die.

Heretic
02-23-10, 08:25 AM
I think if there was sufficient flooding for people to drown, the boat would be lost anyway, so it's kinda moot.

Kretschmer the IV
02-23-10, 09:04 AM
would be grate to close the bulkheads to separate the flooded compartments to prevent flooding in the complete sub.
If you open a flooded compartment then the whole water comes in the actual compartment.
Ah, that would be great :yeah:

Heretic
02-23-10, 12:35 PM
would be grate to close the bulkheads to separate the flooded compartments to prevent flooding in the complete sub.
If you open a flooded compartment then the whole water comes in the actual compartment.
Ah, that would be great :yeah:

You know, that's a very good point and raises some questions. In the previous games, each compartment had it's own flooding level, with no ability to affect the other compartments, that I know of. I just assumed the doors to any flooding compartment were shut.

In this game, with the ability to open and close doors, you can't really abstract that, or more accurately, you have to abstract it in a different manner. Will flooding still be tracked at the compartment level and the doors matter or will be represented as a generic flooding level throughout the entire boat? I'd be willing to bet the latter.

kptn_kaiserhof
03-10-10, 12:07 PM
i must agree with Kretschmer the IV (http://174.123.69.202/~subsimc/radioroom/member.php?u=242829) because there is so much talk about realism yeah right...... how could a boat sink or a person drown when the water is only up to your ankles come on ubisoft us subsimers wernt born yesterday

capthelm
03-10-10, 12:21 PM
yes there is a audio bug in the death screen. in mp games if you switch to observer mode, you can still hear your crew give call outs lmao..

while sinking to the murky deep.

Kretschmer the IV
03-10-10, 05:21 PM
actually it's only modelled that the flooding is going right under the hatch.
So i guess it's impossible? or hard to mod. You'll have to mod the water, raising over the hatchborder, going to the next compartment and so on.
Currently its on 100% when reaching the hatch.

ON the other side, you will see the water goin to the top, while the other compartment is not flooded - and hatch is open lol...

kptn_kaiserhof
03-11-10, 02:02 PM
whos going to undertake this project