PDA

View Full Version : damage?

capthelm
01-14-10, 05:18 PM
really hope the damage inside the uboats this time is more realistic, than just a faded screen =sorry you died, hope we can watch the drama unfold sinking boat men screaming ..water flooding inside the boat.

not just some 2d spray

ERPP8
02-07-10, 08:54 PM
Sounds gruesome

FritzRommel
02-07-10, 09:50 PM
that would be great! They say your going to be able to see the crew load torpedoes, so maybe will get to see what happens when we are sunk

Elder-Pirate
02-07-10, 09:51 PM
Too many squeamish people playing the SH series for they are afraid of seeing blood and guts all over the place. A very sheltered bunch. ;)

I play ( other than SH series ) Brothers in arms ( good game for a fast computer ) which shows heads blown clear off the shoulders, feet, legs etc. lying around, blood everywhere. Ah but the BIA Dev's left out the guts, guess they couldn't take it. :hmmm::haha:

I would like to see a so called death scene if you are heading for Davey Jones, might be interesting.:arrgh!:

Weiss Pinguin
02-07-10, 09:54 PM
I don't really care either way if they include graphic details or not, but the instant death screen from the previous games was easily #1 in my 'Things I'd like to take out of Silent Hunter' list. At least let us watch the sub go down, even if it's only from external cam.

IanC
02-07-10, 09:57 PM
I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of respect due to all the very real people that died this way, not so long ago :hmmm:... I guess that's a whole other argument.

theluckyone17
02-08-10, 12:37 AM
From what I've read, exceeding crush depth was supposed to be a fairly instantaneous incident.

I can see watching a compartment slowly flood... but as long as the other compartments are locked off, it's gonna be a really slow death scene. Not one I'd want to watch.

Thunder
02-08-10, 02:27 AM
I'm curious about this as well. Will it be more interactive if my conning tower crew are strafed by a passing aircraft?
Injured crew,helping? or will they look like puppets with the strings cut?

Highbury
02-08-10, 02:32 AM
At least let us watch the sub go down, even if it's only from external cam.

This is all that is needed IMO.

Do we really want them spending hours upon hours animating this? Of all the things you are trying to accomplish in this game, NOT watching any sort of representation of your u-boat's demise is #1.

kptn_kaiserhof
02-08-10, 08:32 AM
huuuummmmmmmmm

maillemaker
02-08-10, 10:29 AM
I would like to see the demise of my uboat. If I have invested weeks in developing it, when it dies I'd like to see more than just an end-game screen.

Even an external cam view showing the sub streaming bubbles and oil and such would be fine.

A heroic life needs a fitting heroic death.

mookiemookie
02-08-10, 10:36 AM
I would like to see the demise of my uboat. If I have invested weeks in developing it, when it dies I'd like to see more than just an end-game screen.

Even an external cam view showing the sub streaming bubbles and oil and such would be fine.

A heroic life needs a fitting heroic death.

I like this. Pan the camera out as you see an oil slick, bubbles and debris rise to the surface, then fade to black. That'd be a nice simple touch.

psykopatsak
02-08-10, 10:44 AM
or make the sub actually implode :D

pretty simple animation then, dont waste time on suckers who died, just squeeze some compartmens on the main hull with lots of bubbles and a screeching noise. and a captains hat floating up.:shucks:

Edit: In external view of course!

Sailor Steve
02-08-10, 11:23 AM
I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of respect due to all the very real people that died this way, not so long ago :hmmm:... I guess that's a whole other argument.
:yep: I agree. Showing the boat going down, coupled with an AOD-style newspaper clipping or an SH1-type picture of a wreath floating on the water (wreckage and oil might be better) is enough.

On the other hand, as mentioned, blood and guts might be appropriate when you get shot at with machine guns either from planes or ships. This might make the guys who like to duke it out think twice about taking them on the hard way.

Frederf
02-08-10, 11:24 AM
Full destruction viewable (especially the interior view) is A LOT of animation, voice, sound, and 2D/3D art work. I could understand if the devs wanted to skip that much work for relatively little payoff.

However some improved manner of game over like a simpler external crush, fire, explosion, whatever sounds like the right work/payoff ratio.

guynoir
02-08-10, 11:34 AM
really hope the damage inside the uboats this time is more realistic, than just a faded screen =sorry you died, hope we can watch the drama unfold sinking boat men screaming ..water flooding inside the boat.

not just some 2d spray

Sorry for derailing your thread, capthelm, but I can't handle watching your sig image not loop, so I edited it for you to make it so:

http://i49.tinypic.com/15rej2b.gif

:D :salute:

Iron Budokan
02-08-10, 12:47 PM
What is this game rated? Someone told me it's rated E so if true you're not gonna see that stuff. But I dunno what it's really rated....anyone know?

Weiss Pinguin
02-08-10, 02:07 PM
I like this. Pan the camera out as you see an oil slick, bubbles and debris rise to the surface, then fade to black. That'd be a nice simple touch.
That would probably be the best way to go about it. :hmmm: