PDA

View Full Version : Can't complete mission

dazzerman
01-13-10, 06:35 AM
After a long time gathering dust on my shelf I put DW on the pc and am now trying to complete it. I have a problem with the North Korean mission, in Russian Rebellion. With the Seawolf I am supposed to disabled an airfield and destroy C&C base. Can destroy the C&C base but no matter where I place the TLAM's I can't get the disabled airport completed.
Any help greatly received.

NFunky
01-13-10, 05:00 PM
Try using more missiles. If I recall right, the airfield is a pretty hardened target in DW, even against TLAMS.

ASWnut101
01-13-10, 07:46 PM
Wow, I thought this was just my DW install. The TLAMs just...don't work. No matter where you target them, they've got a really low chance of actually detonating; most simply fly into the ground and disappear when they do their terminal dive. The crazy thing is, I know the missiles were on target as they literally flew through the DW model while diving, they just don't explode. SLAM-ERs, however, work perfectly fine, detonating even without ever hitting the target.

Me thinks it's a doctrine issue. I was going to try messing with the TLAM doctrine files, but I never really got around to it. Don't know too much about the doctrine language yet, but I thought it would be worth a shot.

...unless I'm just being an illiterate fool and your missiles really are hitting the target. :O: If that's the case, try linking the target. If I recall correctly, there's a Tico/Burke that will fire it's TLAMs as well.

dazzerman
01-14-10, 04:29 AM
Thanks for your input. ASWnut101 what you have put is exactly what is happening. The airport itself seems to be on a raised plateau and the missiles pass through this to the ground underneath. The only time I see an explosion if one of the TLAM hits a building and as you can't target that accurately, your stuffed. I will try and link like you suggest.

NFunky I will try that I'II restart the mission and load out with as many TLAM's as I dare.

Mission try 22!!! I will complete this campaign this time!!!

dazzerman
01-14-10, 04:58 PM
I give up. I've hit it with 27 TLAM's and still nothing.
It wouldn't surprise me if this is why I gave up last time.
I'm not one that understands the mission editor part of the game but could there be a fault there?
As no one else seemed to have this problem (not that I could find seaching) it must be something else.

ASWnut101
01-14-10, 05:29 PM
It happens when the building is placed on flat or mountainous/hilly terrain, so it's most likely not a problem with the mission editor. I'll try messing with the doctrine files later when I get some time.

But yeah, I am also surprised that no body had posted about this. That's why I was thinking that it was my install only.

dazzerman
01-15-10, 09:54 AM
I got the instructiions out for the mission editor and looked at the trigger, and you needed >33% damage on the airfield for completion. So I lowered this to >10%. I managed to do it this time but it still took 14 TLAM's and as normal some would cause damage others just sailed through the ground. I continued until I ran out of TLAM's to see what damage I could cause, after 34 TLAM's (only 4 where taken out by SAM's) I got up to 19% damage. Thanks for all the suggestions, I didn't want to change the setup (mainly cause I didn't know what I was doing) but it's done now.

Thanks again.

Daz