PDA

View Full Version : How do you setup the commands config file to get the start engines sequence?

Gumpy
12-31-09, 12:04 AM
Oh never mind found the answer.

supposedtobeworking
12-31-09, 12:19 PM
would you mind sharing that procedure? I'd like to check it out.

Gumpy
12-31-09, 05:03 PM
Yes you have to open up the Commands_en ini with Notepad and scroll down to command line 341 and copy and paste this into it [Cmd341]
Name=WP_Target_nearest_ship
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F140002
Str=1052
Key0=0x53,Cc,"CTRL S"
Key1=0x53,c,"CTRL S"
Now when you hit the CTRL+S keys at the begining of a patrol or single mission you should hear the engine start sequence.

supposedtobeworking
01-01-10, 01:17 AM
Neat - this is new to me - thanks for the tip. oh and Happy New Year!

---hmmm.. I copied the text into the commands file, but when I press ctrl S the WO just targets the nearest vessel with corresponding sound effect. I think I need a sound file or something in addition to make this work- did you have an extra sound file?

Gumpy
01-02-10, 12:42 AM
I didn't think I had but if I remember right I think I may have dug it out of Tompsen's sound pack available here.I don't know I have so many odds and ends pulled out of different mods to tell you the honest truth I,m not sure anymore what I have but my game is modded to the max and looks freaking excellent.Good luck:salute: I just looked and yes I think it's from here SUBSIM Radio Room Forums - SUBSIM Downloads - Thomsen's Sound Pack v3.2 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1311)

supposedtobeworking
01-02-10, 04:01 AM
thanks - I know what you mean-I'm adding this one to my pile of mods now.