PDA

View Full Version : MEP v3 problem...very weird.

comet61
12-30-09, 01:50 AM
So after I got MaGiu running OK, I tried loading MEP v3. It did load OK via JSGME, however, when I loaded the sim I saw something just plain weird. (Sorry no screen shots). Everything in the sub and all the new MaGui tools worked ok, however, outside view (and periscope view) was very strange. I hit F12 to take a look around and there is a round "window" in the center of the screen that flashed on the edges. Now, I say window because on the inside of this round window (liken to a periscope view) the sky is black or very dark clouds and ocean water is a strange darker hue. On the outside of this "vortex" is normal blue sky and water.

I unloaded all the GWX goodies first and only loaded the MaGui and the MEP v3 mods. If I go into JSGME and remove MEP, everything returns to normal. I read the text file concerning nhancer for NVidia cards (I am using a GS8400) and pretty much have the setup recommended, which by the way I already did I guess. I seem to remember a post on this.

Hitman
12-30-09, 11:24 AM
Looks like the mod is corrupted or did not enable correctly. What you get is the result of mixing the scene.dat of MEP with the Environment files for a 16k or 8k atmosphere. Somehow the MEP environment files did not overwrite the old ones you had in your SH3 install.

I suggest to recheck that the MEP in JSGME has all the proper contents, and in the correct folders before enabling it.

You should have in SilentHunterIII\Mods\M.E.P v3\data the file:

scene.dat

and in SilentHunterIII\Mods\M.E.P v3\data\Env these ones:

EnvColors_Atl.dat
EnvColors_Med.dat
EnvColors_Arct.dat
SkyColors_Atl.dat
SkyColors_Med.dat
SkyColors_Arct.dat

comet61
12-30-09, 03:22 PM
I took a chance and loaded GWX 16km over the top of MEP and the "weirdness" went away. However, I do not know what else may have been affected by that move.

I checked the folders:

You should have in SilentHunterIII\Mods\M.E.P v3\data the file:

scene.datIt's there.

EnvColors_Atl.dat
EnvColors_Med.dat
EnvColors_Arct.dat
SkyColors_Atl.dat
SkyColors_Med.dat
SkyColors_Arct.dat They're all there too.

I will try over-writing again. Thanks!

comet61
12-30-09, 05:08 PM
UPDATE:

I uninstalled SH3 to eradicate GWX completely. I have no GWX files intergrated into the sim at this time. I loaded the MaGui (no problems) then the MEP mod. Still have the same problem. I had to copy and paste the scene.dat from the MEP folder to no avail. The game works OK except that unusual phenomenon. I double checked to see if all the files were moved via JGSME and they were. Now...if I over write with the GWX 16km mod it will go away. However, I am not entirely sure what else was changed after doing that. This is why I did a clean install and re-loaded the mods except GXW. The only mods I have on now is MaGui, wood paneling mod and MEP v3.

Hitman
12-30-09, 05:24 PM
If you overwrite with GWX 16k it goes away because the relevant parts of MEP get overwritten! So you still have, simply, the GWX 16k environment. I think this all roots to a corrupted download or a wrong file packed in the download. Try to download it again from a confiable link, enable it and see what happens :88)

comet61
12-30-09, 11:10 PM
Yes. I re-downloaded all the files-twice. Installed and re-installed SH3 three times. I have basically given up on the prospect of running MEP. I have reloaded GWX and MaGui and other minor mods and have removed MEP from the folders. It's cool. Everything runs fine.:D

makman94
12-31-09, 01:53 AM

I am using a GS8400.....

hello Comet,

your 'problem' seems to be very well explained by Hitman. but i will not say the sames.... there is something that 'worries' me and i think that there is your problem.... the card you have is 256 ?

does your pc runs ok the M.E.P v2.1 ?

i am thinking that your pc is not 'strong' enough to run v3 but i don't have a clue what the minimum specs must be

i downloaded the M.E.P v3 from filefront and is working fine ,nothing is corrupted...

anyway , if this is the issue at last (weak pc) don't worry....very soon i will release the 16km versions of M.E.P v3

i am wishing a huppy new year

robbythesub
12-31-09, 04:50 AM
I have seen this previously with MEP 2.1, and re loading the game got rid of it for me, and then it ran fine.

With MEP 3 I can see a halo on the clouds directly above my position sometimes, again as seen before.

I have a very high spec PC.

I will post a pic if required.

comet61
12-31-09, 03:34 PM
No. My computer isn't weak. I'm using a AMD dual core 3.0Ghz w/ 3g ram and so on. However my "weakest link" is indeed my Graphics Card. I could easily get something more powerful in the near future. I have all my video setting set to high and best quality and my fps never goes below 75fps. It is probably a simple solution to the problem. I fiddled with MEP v3 for 4 hours yesterday to no avail. I even downloaded the SH3D program and editied the DAT files per the text files included....still no changes. This was with a clean install with absolutely no GWX influences at all. I loaded and unloaded MaGui and MEP in different orders; and when doing this I made a BU copy of the original data folder of the sim...just in case things really got wonky.

I loaded the flat-sun fix a couple of times over-writing files to see if that worked. Nope. The unusual phenomenon of the circular anomaly when outside or viewing through the periscope looked to me that the scene was trying to compensate for something since this "round" glimmering view could have been the "halo" or a stuck scope view....hard to explain. Sorry I didn't get a pic or film. Shouild have, but didn't think about it.

On another note: When I did have MEP loaded with the GWX 16km mod overwritten on top of it, it did "fix" the problem and I made a copy of the affected files and it only change about half of them. However, when I had it loaded that way....my weather changed from good to bad to worse in a 4 hour period regardless of what TC I had set. Very, very annoying...and odd. When I did the clean re-install and reloaded MaGui and GWX (no MEP)...the weather changes went back to "normal". Like I said before...the "fix" for all of this is perhaps an easy one...just have to find it.

I have nothing against MEP v3. It just seems my set up or my own "errors" have caused it to be "prohibitive" for SH3 to work the way it should. So for now...I am leaving the sim as is since it is working OK. I am enjoying MaGui with the GWX mods, they're great add-ons. Thank you!