PDA

View Full Version : OM + OMEGU noobish questions

VirtualVikingX
12-17-09, 03:19 AM
Hi, I just tried out OM + OMEGU last night. Man, thats great stuff! Though the airplanes in 1939 are scary when you come over from GWX.

Anyway, time for some questions:

1. How do set move/look keys to default? This "FPS" stuff is driving me crazy. Hard to handle the external cam too.

2. German speech. Do I need a "speech pack" for OM + OMEGU? My guys were talking american, but when i read here i see that there should already be some german stuff. Ideas?

I ll be happy if anyone could point me in direction om the relevant read-me files. Its a bit overwhelming when you start out.

Te Kaha
12-17-09, 04:27 PM
Regarding German speech, this is what I use with OM+OMEGU;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1083

VirtualVikingX
12-17-09, 05:15 PM
Thanks! I have tried it, but i got a looping thumping sound. I have gotten german speech from OM now, after some tinkering.

Te Kaha
12-18-09, 05:42 AM
The looping thump sound only occurs when using time compression while the crew is on battle stations - as far as I remember.

A save, exit of game and restart solves it every time.

karamazovnew
12-18-09, 09:23 AM
The looping thump sound only occurs when using time compression while the crew is on battle stations - as far as I remember.

A save, exit of game and restart solves it every time.

You should see the ones in TMO... "Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.,Aircraft spot...Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir.We're under att..Yes sir.Yes sir.Yes sir."

Te Kaha
12-18-09, 01:10 PM
A loop like THIS would make me turn off sound..... :o

Sgtmonkeynads
12-21-09, 05:50 PM
Hey guys,

I have a question too. I am now sailing on April 19th, 1942.
I have a Type IX and everything is fine, but i began getting jumped by aircraft all the time, no big deal, use to it by now.
BUT I just realized that I do not have a 37 MM AA gun.
I looked at all my charts and see that it shoulld be standard. Others seem to have one as well, in screen shots I'v seen them.
What is the delivery date?
The type IXB in the training mission has one, but it is June of 42. Still Its standard in '39 for all typ IX's right ?????

looney
12-22-09, 02:19 AM
AFAIK a type IX didn't have 37mm only the later models (B and C)

Sgtmonkeynads
12-22-09, 04:30 AM
YUP I just dug out my old book and read that. Sorry for the lack brain matter on that one. :shifty: I feel as dumb as ......, Especially after I noticed the exact same set up on the Main title screen. I'm an idiot.

col_Kurtz
02-18-10, 05:07 PM
Thanks! I have tried it, but i got a looping thumping sound. I have gotten german speech from OM now, after some tinkering.

Have a look this...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=160849

609_Avatar
02-19-10, 10:17 AM
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever made a speech pack with German accented English? I don't understand German (only Mandarin and some Japanese and Spanish...) and really don't like to have to read the translation but I also don't like hearing American English when I'm playing the Germans. I know, picky picky... I've searched around a little but haven't found anything yet. SHV seems to have this covered though! :yeah: Thanks.